Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 08:50 PM

26,299 posts, read 49,231,598 times

Advertisements

I realize that Hilton is a whack job in his own fashion. Then it started getting crazy, with James Dobson sticking his nose in it for a while. Then once some of the background on Ms. Prejean started coming to light, Dobson did another disappearing act like he did with the Rev Ted Haggard matter (Haggard was President of the 30,000,000 member Natl Evangelical Assoc who snuck off to Denver to have sex with a gay hooker). Ms. Prejean is NOT a person to be crusading about sexual matters from the perspective of a Christian spokesperson; Dobson thought he had another Connie Francis to carry the banner for him but he had to drop her like a ticking hand grenade. Now she is just part of the spin and tabloid TV cycle.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 08:51 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,595,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I would have said that she has a right to respond honestly to any question she was asked at the pageant, and not labeled her as a "***". It wouldn't have been an issue at all past that initial sentiment.

Perez Hilton is the jerk, but that seems to have escaped the liberals.

Being tolerant/accepting of dissenting points of view was historically a liberal attribute, however the current cadre of liberals don't seem to embrace that legacy.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/11629676-post15.html

Old 11-14-2009, 08:51 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,281,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Has nothing to do with that. You just can't say whatever without consequences. You can't walk through the streets calling people the N-Word, you can't just make racist statements etc. without dealing with the consequences.

That's just what she deserves. She gets a lot of reactions to it. It's simple.
Saying she thinks a marriage is between a man and a woman isn't the same as your examples.

Thanks for proving my point.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:52 PM

277 posts, read 369,450 times
Carrie is playing the victim and all the conservatives are falling for it! She needs their sympathy...who else is going to buy her book? Just shows she's a hypocrit. She passes judgment on people saying they shouldn't have the right to marry, based on the fact that she has moral authority as a christian conservative. And as a christian conservative she must be right, that's what the bible told her. Then a sex tapes leaks out. Who's the dumb one now Carrie???? That's why folks, leave the judging up to God.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:53 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,882,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Saying she thinks a marriage is between a man and a woman isn't the same as your examples.

Thanks for proving my point.

Yes it is. It's intolerance.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:05 PM

550 posts, read 1,358,552 times
Still can't find the tapes LOL

someone had to say it, =)

Old 11-14-2009, 09:16 PM

403 posts, read 536,177 times
perez is so juicy

Old 11-14-2009, 09:26 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,390,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Yes it is. It's intolerance.
So is saying incest is wrong, if you believe that tolerance for unnatural unions has no limit.

But there ARE limits. Yours, one would hope, probably includes a refusal to describe a man's desire to unite with a shih tzu as marriage.

For other people, the phrase "I now pronounce you husband and husband" inspires a similar reaction.

This doesn't make us bigots. It makes us human beings with moral and ethical standards expressed partly as LIMITS as to what is and is not tolerated as an acceptable public union.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:31 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,595,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
So is saying incest is wrong, if you believe that tolerance for unnatural unions has no limit.

But there ARE limits. Yours, one would hope, probably includes a refusal to describe a man's desire to unite with a shih tzu as marriage.

For other people, the phrase "I now pronounce you husband and husband" inspires a similar reaction.

This doesn't make us bigots. It makes us human beings with moral and ethical standards expressed partly as LIMITS as to what is and is not tolerated as an acceptable public union.
Saying incest is wrong is not intolerant. It is unhealthy to be having sexual relations with family. What is wrong with some people? They just keep on comparing homosexuality with incest and little kids and animals. Maybe they have secret desires of their own?

Here. Let me spell it out for you: ANIMALS (dogs, shih tzu) and CHILDREN (under 17) can NOT give consent.

Do you understand now? Or should I spell it out for some of you all again?

Here we go again with the "moral" part of it.

I want morals like Carrie Prejean! We will all be making under age sex videos in NO time.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:37 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,868,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Would conservatives have been bending head over heels to defend her right to make EIGHT sex tapes while claiming to be a Christian?

EXCLUSIVE: 30 Nude Photos, 8 Sex Tapes Of Carrie Prejean Surface | RadarOnline.com

Let's say Carrie Prejean was a liberal who said "I am for gay marriage", would conservatives have been praising her for using free speech and defending her by saying everyone makes mistakes when EIGHT sex tapes came out? Or would they be crying about how liberals can only think about sex and perverting our children and ruining morals? If Liberal Carrie had got fired by the beauty contest for not showing up, conservatives would have all up and yelling about how "liberals do not want to work" and that she deserved it. But now, they are saying it is "religious" discrimination.

How long would it take before they somehow blamed this entire thing on Obama?

As my good friend put it "Had she been someone without the American Christian seal of approval, she would have been scorned by the Right for bringing about the downfall of society, perverting our children, and being an example of hedonistic liberal culture under Obama."

I have asked conservatives many times if they would defend Carrie if she was a liberal and I usually got no response.
I never did praise her. Praise her for what? Giving her opinion which is her right.

She didnt find a cure to cancer, She didnt even feed the homeless. All she did was answer a question. To me that doesnt honor praise

The only thing I will defend reguards to her is her right to free speech. You dont have to like what she says but she has a right to say it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies