Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 04:46 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,371,195 times

Advertisements

What I don't get about Jehovahs is that they believe that only what -- 144000? -- people are going to be saved at the Resurrection. If that is so, why are they looking for more converts? Are they hoping that I'll be one of the saved ones and put in a good word for them? Or do they just want to brag about how they know THEY'VE got it made but unfortunately I'm too late and a loser but I can shine their chariot in heaven?

It's screwy.

Plus they don't do Christmas. Phooey on them.

They knock on my door, they get bupkis.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:33 PM

438 posts, read 948,191 times
I was out on my porch with my boyfriend a few weeks ago. Apparently, there is a latino Jehova's Witness center somewhere near my house. They were wandering around the neighborhood looking for Spanish speakers and spotted my boyfriend, who's hispanic...we couldn't hide in time to avoid their notice, lol at least I got to hear the spiel in Spanish this time and received pamphlets en espanol. woo! They invited me to come speak Spanish with them anytime...(aka, submit myself to the indoctrination...I'll pass).
At any rate, they were very polite and so were we. We never argued with them, or tried to "scare them off" and they didn't take up more than 5 minutes of our time. It was no big deal. Some more of them visited me again about a week later and same thing...short conversation, polite...I just nod and say "mmm" alot, never agree to anything nor do I challenge them. They get the idea and go away.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:19 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,926,680 times
just spray them with the garden hose.. or tell your kitty to scratch them.. that's what I do

Old 11-13-2009, 01:23 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,308,847 times
I was actually nude when they knocked at my door.
I would of never opened they door, but for these folks
i said FTW and opened nude. It has been over 6 months
and they never returned.
Sweet justice!

Old 11-13-2009, 01:25 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,926,680 times
now the mormon's.. if they're cute guys... I'll talk to em...and tell the kitty to be nice..
the jehovah's witness people are always old and creepy.... kitty hates old creepy people with bibles...

Old 11-15-2009, 06:22 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,786,385 times
Ask them what they did to celebrate their last birthday! or better yet, tell them you are getting ready to celebrate your birthday!

Old 11-15-2009, 07:31 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,371,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
just spray them with the garden hose.. or tell your kitty to scratch them.. that's what I do
Jeez. You'd think they'd know enough to avoid the gay guy who talks to his cat.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:10 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,325,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoshin1115 View Post
There's no need to be a d!ck about it. They're people too, even if they are like used car salesmen.

You never know, one of them may pull you out of a burning wreck someday.
Tough. When you come to my house unsolicited, especially with my No Xians sign (the one JetJockey linked to) on the door, you get what you get.

They'd probably ask what religion you were before they'd pull you out of a wreck.
They'd have a captive audience.

Don't push your religion on me and I won't push my anti-religious beliefs on you.
It goes both ways.

Do not trespass on my property.

Last edited by chielgirl; 11-15-2009 at 09:19 AM..

Old 11-15-2009, 11:16 AM

37,159 posts, read 42,306,860 times
JW's are hard. I can't even tell them to shove off because they are always 2 elderly ladies who look like my grandma. They do that on purpose.

I've had 2 regulars drop by every couple of months for over 5 years now. I really do wish they would stop. I've taken to peeking out my window whenever the doorbell rings and just "hiding out" until they go away. I don't like being a prisioner in my own home. Door to door solicitation of any kind drives me nuts. Sometimes it's not little old ladies, sometimes it folks who have been shipped in from outlying areas, great big men, who procede to tell me that they are selling such-and-such in order to stay off the streets and out of trouble, and that's done on purpose too, to sound like a poorly veiled threat IMHO. While I will not put up with that, or be intimidated, I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a little scared and vulnerable when I'm alone.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,671,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
JW's are hard. I can't even tell them to shove off because they are always 2 elderly ladies who look like my grandma. They do that on purpose.

I've had 2 regulars drop by every couple of months for over 5 years now. I really do wish they would stop. I've taken to peeking out my window whenever the doorbell rings and just "hiding out" until they go away. I don't like being a prisioner in my own home. Door to door solicitation of any kind drives me nuts. Sometimes it's not little old ladies, sometimes it folks who have been shipped in from outlying areas, great big men, who procede to tell me that they are selling such-and-such in order to stay off the streets and out of trouble, and that's done on purpose too, to sound like a poorly veiled threat IMHO. While I will not put up with that, or be intimidated, I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a little scared and vulnerable when I'm alone.
For the past few months I've had a wide array of people soliciting religion, and they're getting sneakier.... I've had the well mannered young missionaries, the magazine sellers (I ALMOST fell for that one), the family who just got back from overseas (complete with adorable little blonde haired blue eyed daughter), the ones looking for Spanish speakers, the whole family (like...6 people at my door), the 'sad, poor' young family (with infant) etc etc etc.

It's actually pretty interesting to talk to these people then they'll randomly ask if I 'know' Jesus Christ. That's when the door shuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies