Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 10:14 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,435,858 times

Advertisements

I keep hearing alot bout it lately...and JFK...anyone care to comment here? I would love to learn more!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2007, 10:59 AM

1,307 posts, read 5,506,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
I keep hearing alot bout it lately...and JFK...anyone care to comment here? I would love to learn more!!!
Google "federal reserve" and choose the references that you trust, rather than depending on the misguided guesses of biased folks on this board.

I'm afraid I can't comment on the Federal Reserve and JFK in the same sentence; I'm not sure I get the connection, except in the most general sense, that is, that all presidents since 1913 have dealt with the Federal Reserve.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:08 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,595,365 times
My personal opinion is that JFK was killed because he tried to wrest control of our money from the international bankers that OWN the Fed. Remember 'Silver Certificates'?

Google the 17th Amendment and find that, along with the 16th Amendment, it was never properly ratified by the States. Our government was hijacked back then, and we've been lied to ever since.

Old 05-13-2007, 03:53 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,435,858 times
Thank you Guy, I will do that! I am not afraid of people on here, most here are very sane, very imformative people who have a backbone!

Old 05-13-2007, 10:07 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,405,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
Thank you Guy, I will do that! I am not afraid of people on here, most here are very sane, very imformative people who have a backbone!
if only most that are in government were that way on a variety of issues.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:36 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,030,048 times
The Federal reserve under Alan Greenspan has caused two of the biggest asset bubbles in history- the IT run up from 1995-2000- and the subsequent crash, which Dr. Greenspan who dropped real interest rates to almost nothing to prop up a disaster. However he then created a housing speculation bubble- which we are all now seeing. He also with easy money aka 'Liquidity' caused an unprecedented amount of debt.

'Easy' Al and now Ben Bernanke have done everything to prop up this economy with debt, bubbles and and excessive liquidity.

The FED is behind the curve- and under estimating the amount of inflation.
If they lower rates to save housing, the dollar crashes, and inflation soars because of the dollars collapse; if he raises rates the economy will plunge into a recession. Either way he looses.

Greenspan has to be one of the biggest criminals of all- and has left Bernanke a mess he is unlikely to escape.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:25 PM

6 posts, read 12,485 times
Default Federal Reserve and JFK

I've read President Kennedy issued an executive order to abolish the Federal Reserve three weeks before his assassination. If it is true it is a likely reason for that gruesome act. I was hoping to find the facts at the Library of Congress but haven't been able to so far. I'm new to computers and research. I'm already somewhat aware of the evolution of the Federal Reserve within the US Government. My understanding is many in Government at the time were very much against it.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the point was the Constitution calls for the US Treasury and an economy based on the gold and silver standard. Our currency was supposed to have an "actual" value based on what we had in the treasury. The Federal Reserve (A misnomer because it is not related to the Government. It is owned and operated by private interests.) charges interest for the currency we use both individually and through the government and apparently is founded on nothing at all.
I too, am very much interested in learning more about the Federal Reserve, it's history, if JFK did sign an executive order that has never been rescinded, etc... I have read much about it on the web but would like to try to verify what I've read on the web from somewhere like the Library of Congress or some other place I can be sure is legitimate. Does anyone out there know where I can search? Or do you know how to get results at a place like the Library of Congress? I've checked out their search help but I still come up with anything but what I'm looking for.

I read the posting about the Fed's effect on the economy in recent history and would like to note the Fed did get it's foothold in 1913 and the "Great Depression" was 1929. Additionally, some of the same economic conditions that were in place before the 'crash' are in place right now. Someone in the government is aware of this. Have you seen the "Feed the Pig" commercials? They are sponsored by the Government. If you listen they are outright telling us for the first time since the "crash" as a whole we are saving less than we are spending. Another factor that had an impact was the dabbling in the stock market by "the masses". The little people were making money hand over fist in the market in the "Roaring Twenties" but it was all on paper. So when the market was impacted by a large enough event, i.e. a drought of immense proportions, the house of cards fell and all the "little people" that were living "high on the hog" fell with it. Mr. Morgan of Morgan Stanley fame spent half his net worth trying unsuccessfully to stop the crash.

Sadly, I know just enough about history to be feeling very afraid for our future.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:45 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,312,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
The Federal reserve under Alan Greenspan has caused two of the biggest asset bubbles in history- the IT run up from 1995-2000- and the subsequent crash, which Dr. Greenspan who dropped real interest rates to almost nothing to prop up a disaster. However he then created a housing speculation bubble- which we are all now seeing. He also with easy money aka 'Liquidity' caused an unprecedented amount of debt.

'Easy' Al and now Ben Bernanke have done everything to prop up this economy with debt, bubbles and and excessive liquidity.

The FED is behind the curve- and under estimating the amount of inflation.
If they lower rates to save housing, the dollar crashes, and inflation soars because of the dollars collapse; if he raises rates the economy will plunge into a recession. Either way he looses.

Greenspan has to be one of the biggest criminals of all- and has left Bernanke a mess he is unlikely to escape.
Well considering he got the US out of the 87 depression and had one of the longest periods in US history of economic expansion, he did a pretty damn good job.

You realize he could just leave the rates the way they are and as it looks it will probably even out itself or just have a very mild recession. He dosen't have to raise nor lower.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:50 PM

478 posts, read 960,073 times
All you need to know about the Federal Reserve is right here. The Federal Reserve is about as "Federal" as Federal Express. The biggest fraud ever to be perpetrated on the American public.

This film was made by Aaron Russo... who just passed away last week. A great American who did his part to expose the truth!

This is part 1 & 2 - look to the right of the screen to see the rest. Watch the whole thing - it ties in the past, present ... and the very, very frightening future... if we as a country don't wake up!!!!!!!

YouTube - America - Freedom to Fascism (1/5)

YouTube - America: Freedom to Fascism - Part2

Old 08-31-2007, 12:03 PM

99 posts, read 351,361 times
Default good one

I saw that Freedom to Fascism a few weeks ago on a dvd from one of my friends. It is very informative. Everyone should watch it! Good job as usual
berk'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies