Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 09:07 PM

30 posts, read 51,278 times

Advertisements

This is what many of the people in this country have become. What everyone else is doing is cool and shiek -I should be doing it also.
Buy your big Tahoe and put some cool ghetto wheels on it so that can look like the other jackasses with that crap that cannot afford it.

Take out a second on your house for a stupid pool so that you can use for two monthes out of the year. Its cool though, and you will keep up with your neighbors. You can even invite your stupid neighbors over to try and impress them.

Keep using those credit cards so that you can buy stupid crap, and try and impress folks that your brain is larger than a pea. Keep wathching the stupid crap on liberal television and fall right behind as sheeple.

Some of the folks int this country really need to get back to independent thinking, logical thinking and common sense. For example, I do a lot of motorcycle riding and wood working, which are both fairly dangerous activities. I am still alive and have all of my digits. That is because I know that If I do not think logically and use some common sense, its gonna hurt or I will kill myself.

So, I would like to declare this COMMON SENSE and LOGICAL THINKING DAY.
And, if you think the Government or Obama is gonna bail you out, you just failed the first test.

Semper Fi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 09:14 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
LOL sometimes its fun reading posts like this.

Keeping up with the Jones's is the American Way. Ben Bernanke surely understands that, as interest rates are still historically low; tax credits are abound; and China owns us.

I glad you have all your "digits" lol ....you'll need all of them to work to help pay down the massive debt that Democrats have forced you to swallow.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:19 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
  1. Try to fix something before throwing it away and buying a new one.
  2. Don't buy appliances because you no longer like the color or style. Buy black or white appliances and keep them until they can't be repaired.
  3. Don't remodel the entire kitchen just because of something you saw in a magazine or some home decorating show. Change some knobs and slap some paint then call it done.
  4. Don't trade in your car just because you're tired of it and want the latest and greatest model. Drive it until you have to push it.
  5. Women (and some men), save money by not dying your hair. Go natural.
  6. Do you really need a new outfit every week or every month. I don't think so. Unless the clothes don't fit or they're damaged, don't buy new clothes.
  7. If you're really trying to save money, this one will hurt big time. Get rid of cable TV, satellite TV, internet, cell phones, and drop the home phone to the most basic service. Transfer what you were paying on all the above onto your credit card bills to pay them out fast.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
  1. Try to fix something before throwing it away and buying a new one.
  2. Don't buy appliances because you no longer like the color or style. Buy black or white appliances and keep them until they can't be repaired.
  3. Don't remodel the entire kitchen just because of something you saw in a magazine or some home decorating show. Change some knobs and slap some paint then call it done.
  4. Don't trade in your car just because you're tired of it and want the latest and greatest model. Drive it until you have to push it.
  5. Women (and some men), save money by not dying your hair. Go natural.
  6. Do you really need a new outfit every week or every month. I don't think so. Unless the clothes don't fit or they're damaged, don't buy new clothes.
  7. If you're really trying to save money, this one will hurt big time. Get rid of cable TV, satellite TV, internet, cell phones, and drop the home phone to the most basic service. Transfer what you were paying on all the above onto your credit card bills to pay them out fast.
I like the way you think.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:21 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,193,000 times
You mention liberals.
Tune in to the favorite right wing talk shows. Its seems like every second commercial is aimed at those right wing listeners who are hopelessly overwhelmed by (credit card) debt, like "thousands of dollars".
The other commercials claim that you can make thousands of dollars working from home. No experience? No start-up capital? No problem! You can make $40,000 in one month! Great, ain't it?
The right wing hosts often like to use the phrase "common sense".

Old 11-09-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
You mention liberals.
Tune in to the favorite right wing talk shows. Its seems like every second commercial is aimed at those right wing listeners who are hopelessly overwhelmed by (credit card) debt, like "thousands of dollars".
The other commercials claim that you can make thousands of dollars working from home. No experience? No start-up capital? No problem! You can make $40,000 in one month! Great, ain't it?
Don't you think that those commercials are the product of a market that is sitting at home, unemployed, and likely tuning in their news outlet of choice, rather than target-marketing under the assumption that conservatives are the only people with insurmountable debt?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
You mention liberals.
Nope, people across the political spectrum are guilty of excessive consumerism,...including myself. I ran up credit card debt, could afford the payments right up until my wife lost her job and ended up on disability. I blame no one but myself. She choose to keep DirecTV, cell phones, and internet (on her money). If she did't have them then she'd be going nuts laid up on the heating pad doing nothing all day while waiting for her pain medicine to kick in on her bad days which are many. The last two cars we bought was my 2003 Malibu (now paid for) and her 2007 Chrysler Sebring and both was because of a wreck (mine was my fault <turned left near a blind curve>) and hers was the fault of the person who ran a stop sign. Both are vehicles were declared totalled. Her previous car was a paid for 1996 Mazda Protege'.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:30 PM

745 posts, read 1,438,855 times
Quote:
You mention liberals.
Can we not make this another "right vs. left" post? Perfectly good post endorsing COMMON sense!! Just let it go... it is a great post.

The OP just said....
Quote:
Keep wathching the stupid crap on liberal television and fall right behind as sheeple.
"liberal television"... not "those damn liberals" or ""lets get the liberals"
Please do not try and make this another anti-Fox News post. It is too good of a post to fall into that hot mess.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:36 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,034,504 times
Quote:
You mention liberals.
best laugh all day. get a life

Old 11-09-2009, 09:39 PM

Hey, why don't we spend money on gold teeth and bad hair extensions?
We really need those loud mufflers whose outlet pipe is nearly twice as big as the inlet pipe. And don't forget plastic body kits for the car. All those plastic pieces and loud mufflers means they go no where real fast.
And I need a car stereo loud enough for my wife to hear me coming home from a few miles away.
Oh, and I need all the video game systems ever made. They really come in handy. That's much more important than things like laundry, vacuuming, cleaning the tub, scrubbing the toilet, taking a shower, getting a job.
And I just love rent to own stores. Where else can I spend $3,000 total for a $500 couch. That's great!
Like my tatoo? Three more payments and this baby's mine!
Hey, my pick-up may be worth only $750 but I sure love my $5,000 ATV. Goes great with my $750 rifle.
So what if I'm in debt up to my eyeballs and I stopped answering the phone from creditors calling. I've got my BMW and I look cool,...as long as the Repo man doesn't find me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies