Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 06:50 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,706,505 times

Advertisements

I agree with the original post but it appears many in america like to give power to the government to fix things. They believe in the trust of government over anything else, when in fact people have no reason to trust government. Yet everyday they ask for more power and freedom when in fact they are giving it away to hands of the few. Such a shame. If you want power over lives, religion, income and lifestyle limit the government, so they have no power and individual rights and decisions are yours to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 07:02 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,239,195 times
The Democratic list is pretty silly. "Wealth transfer" and "taxes" are almost synonymous. Taxes are exactly how they choose to provide for wealth transfer. And I've never even heard the term "commercial liberty." What the hell is that?

It looks like someone was stretching mightily in order to come up with a false equivalence.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:14 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,884,225 times
Its time our gov fears us again. They dont fear us anymore

Lousie Slaughter proved that with her comment during the debate Sat. That she wont be threatened by us the people because we dont like what she is doing.

So she is saying she is going to do whatever she wants to do who cares about the citizens

Old 11-09-2009, 07:58 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,361,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
huh? I hardly think so and I don't care who said it. I will agree they are both out for power, but they differ on views and many stand up for what they believe in after elected, whether I agree with them or not.. BTW, republicans are not against civil liberties as long as they are fair.
Nita
You don't have to care who said it. The reality is that it was said by a libertarian who's highly respected and equally hated by both mainstream parties. That alone makes his case 10x more believable than any Democrat or Republican.

BTW, what is "fair" in your opinion is not fair in the eyes of objective Constitutional law. The government has no authority to peek into Americans lives according to the 4th amendment, as evidenced with bypassing the FISA courts. Whether you agree or disagree as to whether this is "fair", the ends do not justify the means and it's patently unAmerican to think otherwise.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:55 AM

989 posts, read 2,506,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Just something I'll pass along from Judge Napolitano:

"We do not have two political parties in this country, America. We have one party; called the Big Government Party. The Republican wing likes deficits, war, and assaults on civil liberties. The Democratic wing likes wealth transfer, taxes, and assaults on commercial liberties. Both parties like power; and neither is interested in your freedoms."

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
Nah...I think we'll just invade the Republican party and make it similar to how it was back in the Coolidge days!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
The Democratic list is pretty silly. "Wealth transfer" and "taxes" are almost synonymous. Taxes are exactly how they choose to provide for wealth transfer. And I've never even heard the term "commercial liberty." What the hell is that?

It looks like someone was stretching mightily in order to come up with a false equivalence.
I'm interpreting "commercial liberty" as in allowing companies like AIG, GMAC, and Fannie to fail.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:56 PM

12 posts, read 13,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I agree with the original post but it appears many in america like to give power to the government to fix things. They believe in the trust of government over anything else, when in fact people have no reason to trust government. Yet everyday they ask for more power and freedom when in fact they are giving it away to hands of the few. Such a shame. If you want power over lives, religion, income and lifestyle limit the government, so they have no power and individual rights and decisions are yours to make.
Well said. I believe in a small (out of my money, out of my life) government.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:58 PM

24,813 posts, read 24,511,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Just something I'll pass along from Judge Napolitano:

"We do not have two political parties in this country, America. We have one party; called the Big Government Party. The Republican wing likes deficits, war, and assaults on civil liberties. The Democratic wing likes wealth transfer, taxes, and assaults on commercial liberties. Both parties like power; and neither is interested in your freedoms."

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!
100% agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies