Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 03:06 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,081,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
So you support gay marriage?
No, I support civil unions and all the benefits married couple are given. Marriage is between a man and a woman.

I also don't support beastiality, pedophilia, murder, rape, robbery and drug use........those could be construed as in the category of personal freedoms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 03:07 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,544,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I agree with Rush's definition. Since I rarely write a tome in response, it is convenient.

Luckily for us, you don't get to dictate the terms of response.
Sure you don't, but responding in your own words instead of Rush's sure as heck increases what little there is left of your credibility.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Bull crap!

Taking away my right to smoke Marijuana, when it doesn't affect anyone.

Taking away a womans right to choose what she can do with her own body.

Telling people who can and can't get married based on a religious definition.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. Don't get me started on the Patriot Act.
I didn't know conservatives were taking away your right to a doobie. Show me.

It's funny to me; those who want to protect the unborn from being cut to pieces and sucked from the womb are deemed radical, but those who approve and defend the procedure are viewed as preserving "rights".

Old 11-08-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
No, I support civil unions and all the benefits married couple are given. Marriage is between a man and a woman.

I also don't support beastiality, pedophilia, murder, rape, robbery and drug use........those could be construed as in the category of personal freedoms.
Where does it say that marriage has to be between a man and a woman?

Old 11-08-2009, 03:09 PM

24,813 posts, read 24,481,390 times
Quote:

If I want to go and have sex with a rabbit, who the hell are you to tell me I can't? You eat rabbits, they are a food item, they don't have feelings right?

I don't remember anyone on the left side of the isle being in favor of pedophilia, murder, rape, and robbery.

As far as drug use, again, who are you to tell me what I can and can't do with my body?

Old 11-08-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Sure you don't, but responding in your own words instead of Rush's sure as heck increases what little there is left of your credibility.
It's not worth my time or effort to write a long-winded response to your question, which is disingenuous at best.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
It's not worth my time or effort to write a long-winded response to your question, which is disingenuous at best.
What's disingenuous about asking a self-proclaimed conservative explain what he means by conservatism?

Old 11-08-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
If I want to go and have sex with a rabbit, who the hell are you to tell me I can't? You eat rabbits, they are a food item, they don't have feelings right?

I don't remember anyone on the left side of the isle being in favor of pedophilia, murder, rape, and robbery.

As far as drug use, again, who are you to tell me what I can and can't do with my body?
What you are advocating is a society with no laws, rules, judgments and consequences. I suggest a place like Somalia for you.

What's up with the drugs? I don't think I have advocated one way or the other. I guess it's ok with you if drug dealers sell to children then, right? I mean, who has the right to pass judgment?

I don't eat rabbit.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:15 PM

841 posts, read 2,265,706 times
Pro-stupidpity!

Old 11-08-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
What you are advocating is a society with no laws, rules, judgments and consequences.

What's up with the drugs? I don't think I have advocated one way or the other. I guess it's ok with you if drug dealers sell to children then, right? I mean, who has the right to pass judgment?

I don't eat rabbit.
You said conservatism is all about personal liberty. If someone wants to screw his dog, would you as a conservative object to it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies