Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 03:13 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
1- Did you know Nidal Hasan is an American? Yes, I did.
2- If he weren't a Muslim, would you have any personal conclusions to draw with this event? Yes, I would.
3- Have incidents like these happened at US army locations by non-Muslims? On this scale, no. But shootings have happened.

You may answer any or all of the above with a simple yes or a no.

But Christian soldiers have killed fellow soldiers. Have they not? I won't blame their religion though, but them. Perhaps, the fundamental difference between you and I.

Do you believe there are Americans of other faiths? Or, do you believe one can't be an American unless they are Christians?

Now do me the favor and answer this;

Do you honestly believe that this shooting rampage was motivated by anything other than religion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 04:49 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,701 times
Quote:
1- Did you know Nidal Hasan is an American?
2- If he weren't a Muslim, would you have any personal conclusions to draw with this event?
3- Have incidents like these happened at US army locations by non-Muslims?

You may answer any or all of the above with a simple yes or a no.

But Christian soldiers have killed fellow soldiers. Have they not? I won't blame their religion though, but them. Perhaps, the fundamental difference between you and I.

Do you believe there are Americans of other faiths? Or, do you believe one can't be an American unless they are Christians?
Your last sentence qualifies for the STUPID question of the YEAR award!

Answer to your 3 questions:

#1 = YES
#2 = YES....I assumed he went Postal from all the stress he was feeling, when the story first broke.
#3 = NO = Not that I'm aware of at any US ARmy installations.

The fundamental difference between you and I is that I DON'T SEE any Christian soldiers killing their fellow soldiers, while......screaming religious putrid at their victims.
Not saying it hasn't happened but I cannot recall anytime in recent memory.

I suppose until EVERY religion is BANNISHED from being practiced in America......once the Constitution no longer means ANYTHING (which is the case more and more)....then we are ALL free to worship whatever we want. As long as we don't shove OUR beliefs onto others who may not be interested, I expect the same in return and NO excuses can EVER justify the actions that this shooter did!

BTW.....for the record, I believe one CAN be an American and NOT be a Christian but ANY "American" should RESPECT other people's beliefs and it would appear to me....that THIS mass-murderer...did NOT.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:05 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
But you did. Went as far as calling an American, "Palestinian American". Know that he was born in America.

BTW, this is not the first time a soldier has killed fellow soldiers. Not always have the killers been Muslims. Do you still jump to conclusions based entirely on religious grounds?
Who's "jumping" to conclusions? The guy was a Jihadist, who had been posting anti American messages on blogs. He attended the same Mosque as two of the 9/11 hijackers, at about the same time (so what kind of messages do you think he was getting?).

I don't think we are "jumping" to any conclusions. It's perfectly obvious.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:14 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Who's "jumping" to conclusions? The guy was a Jihadist, who had been posting anti American messages on blogs. He attended the same Mosque as two of the 9/11 hijackers, at about the same time (so what kind of messages do you think he was getting?).

I don't think we are "jumping" to any conclusions. It's perfectly obvious.
Well, apparently it ISN'T so obvious to those who would rather ignore such a FACT.

Guess our recruits need to put down TRUTHFUL information on any psyche testing the military may offer.
Doing so.....might just keep religious fanatics, hell-bent on our destruction from even being in the US military!
If only MORE people would....jump to the RIGHT conclusion.

BTW...I didn't even KNOW......this shooter attended the SAME mosque as 2 of the 9/11 hijackers did.
IF...this is true and my guess would be that it is (please provide a link)......its no wonder many people jump to the conclusions that they do!
He COULD have been PLANNING something like this for a VERY long time

Old 11-08-2009, 06:01 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Well, apparently it ISN'T so obvious to those who would rather ignore such a FACT.

Guess our recruits need to put down TRUTHFUL information on any psyche testing the military may offer.
Doing so.....might just keep religious fanatics, hell-bent on our destruction from even being in the US military!

BTW...I didn't even KNOW......this shooter attended the SAME mosque as 2 of the 9/11 hijackers did.
IF...this is true and my guess would be that it is (please provide a link)......its no wonder many people jump to the conclusions that they do!
I read it this morning on WorldNet Daily. The FBI knows it, and is asking questions. It may mean nothing. On the other hand, it might answer some questions.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:35 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
I keep seeing on the news nothing but sympathy basically about this killers reasons for his massacre .

What do you think would be in the headlines if instead of our military being attacked by a murderous religious radical of islam it had been a radical from another sect that went into mosque and did this massacre on muslems ? I think not only would we never hear the end of it, but it would also be called a hate crime .

Would Obama be telling us " not to jump to conclusions " and the news media be making excuses and interviewing famlly members and friends who give only positive replys about the person ?

Or would they be expressing total contempt for the killings ?

For the past THREE DAYS now on my home page website, it has the main headline of " HASAN HAD A REAL LONELY LIFE " !

Many people have lonely lives, but they don't do mssacres in the name of Allah Ackbar.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Do YOU condemn killings regardless of where it happens, equally? Or, do you play favorites? Do you always point at religion of the killer(s) in cases like this?

Last week, Jason Rodriguez was arrested for shootings and killing in Orlando. Did you consider his religion anywhere in the argument? If he were a Muslim, would you have seen the situation any differently?

It starts with you. Media follows.

He was more than likely a catholic, and nowhere have they reported he did this killing shouting " God with us or Praise The Pope'!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Religious fanaticism will ALWAYS pose a threat and history has shown this!
Jumping to conclusions, based entirely on religious grounds.........SHOULD be expected.

Also....I have NEVER known many American Christians who served in the Palestinian military and went berserk shooting fellow soldiers there.....while screaming..." God damn you......DIE, in the name of Jesus!"

Now, when I EVER hear THIS story...... and its found to be true.....I will BELIEVE that we Americans of Christian faith.....aren't as such a threat to them as perhaps, they just might be.

This is because the christian Bible tells us if someone is not a believer to and refusses to be saved " we are to wipe the dust off our feet " , not to blow him to smitherines or execute him unmercifully in coldblood . Nor do we slowly cut off heads with a dull knife while screaming in Jesus name . All this comes from the teaching of the koran not some lie made up against islam.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:

They have tried to castrate our military for decades now . it started with Carter and has escalated to the PC insanety it is today .

What use to be considered a brave patriotic soldier is now under the watch of the Homeland Security while the enemy within makes its plans to conquor .

Our silence and complacency will be the end of us all or at least the end of America .

Wake up all of you, red ,yellow,black and white, or soon you won't be able to .

Look who protects these radicals ; where the money goes ;who suffers the most . Right now it is an epidemic of black and latino crime in this nation . This is the home of the black americans, but not of the illegals .

Who are the ones keeping them down and making money ? ACLU , NAIR ,NAACP ,NOi ,is who I think it is that divides and destroys with half truths and lies .

They are nw signing into office on the koran, at least one of our representators has said they see no reason not to allow shariah law .

We have radical islamic militant camps all over our nation [google ] . Foorbaths , seperation of genders in [ Princeton ] in our universities and prayer times for muslems . yet they have taken all other prayers out of our schools and even the Aleigence to the flag .

Old 11-09-2009, 10:14 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
They have tried to castrate our military for decades now . it started with Carter and has escalated to the PC insanety it is today .

What use to be considered a brave patriotic soldier is now under the watch of the Homeland Security while the enemy within makes its plans to conquor .

Our silence and complacency will be the end of us all or at least the end of America .

Wake up all of you, red ,yellow,black and white, or soon you won't be able to .

Look who protects these radicals ; where the money goes ;who suffers the most . Right now it is an epidemic of black and latino crime in this nation . This is the home of the black americans, but not of the illegals .

Who are the ones keeping them down and making money ? ACLU , NAIR ,NAACP ,NOi ,is who I think it is that divides and destroys with half truths and lies .

They are nw signing into office on the koran, at least one of our representators has said they see no reason not to allow shariah law .

We have radical islamic militant camps all over our nation [google ] . Foorbaths , seperation of genders in [ Princeton ] in our universities and prayer times for muslems . yet they have taken all other prayers out of our schools and even the Aleigence to the flag .
The touchy-feely political correctness, coupled with the use of our laws against us, will allow for the Muslim takeover of our country.

An individual is a Muslim, first and foremost. That supercedes allegiance to any nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies