Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 08:09 AM

843 posts, read 1,300,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
How he will be as a President remains to be seen. I will give him at least 6 more months before I start complaining. If I think he is doing an awful job, I will gladly talk about it.

Re Obama: even if you don't agree with him, he is a smart man with a lot of education under his belt (Occidental, Columbia, and Harvard). I don't consider Palin much more than an average college grad. As someone who advised university undergrads for over 10 years (in a major that had over 2000 students in it) I find her college record suspect. No one who is really bright takes that long to get an undergrad degree and that many schools. It just doesn't happen. The only people that took longer than average either had to go part time due to finances or family or were double major/double college (some triple major/triple college), or were barely making it.
LOLs. My IQ is 156 and it took me ten years and 3 schools to get an undergrad degree. I know scores of people that did the same.

From your post I wonder if you really worked in higher education.

And Obama isn't all that bright. His 4 big issues were the economy, Afghanistan, Healthcare and cap and trade. He has all democrats in office. The economy is worse, Afghanistan is worse, and he can't pass healthcare or Cap and Trade. Then he turns around and blames Republicans? Republicans can't do a thing about any of them. Obama is not very smart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
Didn't see that I was being snotty but if so, not my intention. I have no proof since I don't have access to her transcripts but I am going on over 10 years of advising experience in a major university. I would see over 200 transcripts every Fall and Winter from new transfer students. There were some students that went initially to a community college and then transfered to the uni and some that did transfers from one uni to another. Most were decent some barely got in and some were excellent. Then there were the students that came from multiple schools going from a uni to a cc and then back sometimes multi state. Academically strong students don't make those switches. They don't go to 4 or more schools to earn a BA in 5 years. Many students take 5 years, that isn't the issue. She obviously graduated but based on my experience and based on what is public about her record, this is typical of a C student. My old co-worker in advising had the same speculation about her record and she has been advising for over 25 years.
Al Gore had a C average in college. So did JFK.

You sound like a snob. And I don't think you worked in higher education.

By your own admission you are speculating. Why should we take you seriously?

And to tell you the truth, I found most college advisors to be total dumbasses.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:15 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,401,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Left wingers are so jealous that Palin looks, acts and dresses like a real woman.
'Specially when someone else is footing the bill.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:16 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,355,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
LOLs. My IQ is 156
Everybody has an IQ of 156 on a message board. We're all millionaires too

Old 11-08-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Beauty's only skin deep.
SP is living proof of that. She's good looking. But underneath all the makeup and those hideous glasses, sits an ugly soul. I'm never wrong about people.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Everybody has an IQ of 156 on a message board. We're all millionaires too

LOLs. Good point. I'm not a millionaire though.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpolemarathoner View Post
lols. Good point. I'm not a millionaire though.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:35 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,654,036 times
All of this goes to show that one area where Palin has proven her adeptness is publicity. She's become politically irrelevant, yet still manages to keep her name floating around in the media.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
All of this goes to show that one area where Palin has proven her adeptness is publicity. She's become politically irrelevant, yet still manages to keep her name floating around in the media.
Mostly by libs.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:01 AM

948 posts, read 2,796,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
But more than four times as many people will watch if it's on Fox.

mediabistro.com: TVNewser

Nobody watches MSDNC.
I am not in the tank with either party - I made the post simply to remind people to give "their politicians" the same scrutiny that they give others. The biggest reason for anyone to oppose Palin in political office is her little experience shows a lack of follow thru/perseverence which is not a partisan issue nor a presidential quality. I suspect Bill O and Palin will be pandering to each others dislike of the left thru the majority of the interviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies