Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 03:26 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Oh my: Public now opposes ObamaCare, 45/53

Quote:
Opposition to The One’s plan is now a clear majority, up seven points since September; the number of Americans who want Congress to either make major changes to the bill, start over on the bill, or scrap the entire effort stands at a combined 72 percent; and the number who say Obama isn’t doing enough to work with Republicans now equals the number who say he is.
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - CNN Poll: Public wants Congress to keep working on health care « - Blogs from CNN.com

Ok, here's the headline;

Public wants Congress to keep working on health care

Dig some into those cross-tabs.....nasty stuff. No wonder the Blue Dogs a skittish.

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/o-cnn2.jpg (broken link)

Quote:
Fifty-nine percent of people questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey say lawmakers should continue working on the legislation, a rise of 6 points since August. But only a quarter say those bills should be passed pretty much as is, with a third suggesting that Congress should make major changes. The poll also indicates that one in four say lawmakers should start from scratch and 15 percent want Congress to stop all work on health care reform…

“Six in ten independents say they oppose Obama’s health care proposals,” says Holland. “That’s a nine point increase since October.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 03:36 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,000 times
And despite polls, despite protests, Pelosi will march them in tmw to vote on this disaster. The Blue Dogs look like the only hope of stopping it. Think they're listening?

Old 11-06-2009, 06:14 PM

Tuesday's elections were a shot across the bow. The failed stimulus and the UE numbers, another.

Do believe that those Blue Dogs take note of obama's inability to help them (more like hurt) in the elections.

Look how much time, effort, prestige and political capital he invested in Corzine - a huge loss....for HIM.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:17 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Tuesday's elections were a shot across the bow. The failed stimulus and the UE numbers, another.

Do believe that those Blue Dogs take note of obama's inability to help them (more like hurt) in the elections.

Look how much time, effort, prestige and political capital he invested in Corzine - a huge loss....for HIM.
And like the McDonald's commercial say......."I'm LOVIN IT!"

Old 11-06-2009, 06:21 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
We made another call to our Congressman's office to express our displeasure if he plans to vote in favor of the bill tomorrow. Everybody should make those calls. They do make a difference.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
We made another call to our Congressman's office to express our displeasure if he plans to vote in favor of the bill tomorrow. Everybody should make those calls. They do make a difference.
Absolutely. It's hard to get in at times, though, which leads me to believe they are inundated with calls.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
I sent an email. I got the same canned automated response I've gotten for everything else I've emailed on:

"blah, blah, blah,...and I'm working hard for you in Washington to make sure my constituents needs are met...blah, blah, blah".

Generic enough that he doesn't EVER have to change it..EVER ! Same frigging response since the bailout bill last October. No date on it - it's that generic

Old 11-06-2009, 06:40 PM

That's ok, keep sending. They keep track of calls and emails.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:43 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
And like the McDonald's commercial say......."I'm LOVIN IT!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I sent an email. I got the same canned automated response I've gotten for everything else I've emailed on:

"blah, blah, blah,...and I'm working hard for you in Washington to make sure my constituents needs are met...blah, blah, blah".

Generic enough that he doesn't EVER have to change it..EVER ! Same frigging response since the bailout bill last October. No date on it - it's that generic
For what it's worth, while it's discouraging to get an automated, generic response (a "non-response" as I call it), your email will be counted on the other end. I have been a volunteer in politics and I know that e-mails and calls are tablulated. Your rep may not read your words, but it will go into the stack that is either "for" or "against", and the two stacks will be weighed against each other.

So, good for you (and reps, too) for writing! You did your part, let's see if he does his.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:50 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,968 times
What is a blue dog?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies