Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 03:17 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,812,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Anyway, I have no problem with people hugging each other but at the end of the day, the taxi is like a private business and if the vendor elects to refuse service, that's his right. Of course, he should be willing to accept the negative impact to his business as a result...
Yes, but it's likely that the taxi driver works for someone else, so unless he owns the taxi company, I don't think it should be up to him to decide whether or not hugging is allowed in the taxi.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 11-04-2009 at 03:26 PM..

Old 11-04-2009, 03:18 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,588,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes, but it's likely that the taxi driver works for someone else, so unless he owns the tax company, I don't think it should be up to him to decide whether or not hugging is allowed in the taxi.
True.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:18 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,130,153 times
Quote:
That's why Atheism is the best religion.

Ahhh someone that admits Athesim is a religion.

As for the subject, considering this cab driver is most likely a muslim I suspect he would be against anyone hugging in his cab, least of all gays. As this country fills up with more muslims it will be interesting to see the backlash. Will gays be tolerant of their beliefs?

Old 11-04-2009, 03:19 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,704,773 times
What's this guys stance on women showing their faces, thier hair or god forbid a limb or two? Does he have any problem picking up drunks? Or people eating a blt?

If he looks the other way for some cultural/religious taboos but not for all then the guy is a hypocrite......and quite frankly do we need any more of those? Should we really be importing anymore azholes? I'm pretty sure we have enough of the homegrown variety as it is.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:22 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,752,855 times
Quote:
Yes, but it's likely that the taxi driver works for someone else, so unless he owns the tax company, I don't think it should be up to him to decide whether or not hugging is allowed in the taxi.
I drove a taxi for 2 1/2 years in Atlantic City (boy do i have stories) and for 3 months in Los Angeles. The way it works, the cabby leases the medallion for a predetermined amount of money and keeps all monies generated, i.e. fare and tips. I owned my own cab, as do many of the drivers, and drove one shift and rented out the other. Pretty much and independent contractor, for all intent and purposes.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:24 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,944,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Ahhh someone that admits Athesim is a religion.

As for the subject, considering this cab driver is most likely a muslim I suspect he would be against anyone hugging in his cab, least of all gays. As this country fills up with more muslims it will be interesting to see the backlash. Will gays be tolerant of their beliefs?
there is no such thing as tolerance of intolerance.. if you hate someone because you believe it's god ordained.. it's still hate...
if you're muslim or christian.. you both suck and I'm well prepared to say it to them..
besides.. these are two religions that went to war over a dust bowl 1000 years ago.. slaughtering each other by the hundreds of thousands if not millions...
wack is wack... religion is wack...
sorry.. that's just my opinion.. and a growing opinion worldwide...
that's the reality...

Old 11-04-2009, 03:26 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,588,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I drove a taxi for 2 1/2 years in Atlantic City (boy do i have stories) and for 3 months in Los Angeles. The way it works, the cabby leases the medallion for a predetermined amount of money and keeps all monies generated, i.e. fare and tips. I owned my own cab, as do many of the drivers, and drove one shift and rented out the other. Pretty much and independent contractor, for all intent and purposes.
How much is the medallion?

Old 11-04-2009, 03:28 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,624,211 times
Quote:
Didn't see that, my bad. I'm telling y'all there is going to be a huge culture clash here pretty soon. Those of you who keep bitching about Christians better wake up; Muslims aren't nearly as tolerant as we are.
It is not even about that.

These 2 men could have been friends or cousins or brothers.

You never know!

Kick this guy out of the country!

Old 11-04-2009, 03:30 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,966,554 times
"You guys have to get out of the taxi! Hugging is not allowed in here!" the driver said...

The cab driver was identified by Bruno and city records as Medhat Mohamed.

Medhat Mohamed - Another moderate muslim.

To be fair, I've been kicked out of Philly cabs by muslims for having beer in with my groceries.

Quote:
Two guesses as to why the cabby's name and ethnicity appeared no where in the article.
We are on the same page.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:32 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,130,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
there is no such thing as tolerance of intolerance.. if you hate someone because you believe it's god ordained.. it's still hate...
if you're muslim or christian.. you both suck and I'm well prepared to say it to them..
besides.. these are two religions that went to war over a dust bowl 1000 years ago.. slaughtering each other by the hundreds of thousands if not millions...
wack is wack... religion is wack...
sorry.. that's just my opinion.. and a growing opinion worldwide...
that's the reality...

LOL so there is no such thing as tolerance of your intolerance of religious people or their beliefs? Left wingers are so filled with hypocrocy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies