Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 11:14 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,345,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Alcohol IS a drug. Of course, there are some who feel it's not as bad to abuse alcohol as it is to abuse drugs. Sarah admitted to marijuana use, I believe. She said it was OK b/c it was legal in Alaska. However, last I checked, Alaska was the US, and it is illegal here.

They're both users in another sense too, that they use, and abuse, people's trust. Beck is worse. I'd like to wring his neck for opposing the flu vaccine. I hope someone's family sues him for wrongful death.
You might want to think about buying yourself some of that thar indemnity stuff.

Just following orders doesn't cut it anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 11:39 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,938,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Wow, that is too funny but coming from the left that do not believe in personal responsibility I guess I can understand.
What the H*** is that supposed to mean? Show me one post where I said personal responsibility is unnecessary. I will say I don't agree that personal responsibility is THE one single answer to health problems, and I don't like to "blame the victim" for getting heart disease, cancer, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
You might want to think about buying yourself some of that thar indemnity stuff.

Just following orders doesn't cut it anymore.
I couldn't find a link for how many doses have been given in the US, but 33,000 have been given in Tennessee alone, without any horror stories. Of course, someone might want to come back 40 years from now and blame the swine flu vaccine of 2009, but that's not exactly personal responsibility, now is it?

BTW, I do have malpractice insurance. Thought you'd want to know.

WZTV FOX 17/Nashville

Old 10-25-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Do you put them in the catagory as Obama and O? I bet you don't and I don't think any are users in the sense of taking advantage. As for using drugs, you, are right, alcohol is a drug. I just think most of us do put alcohol in a different classification from other drugs, maybe because it is legal. It is bad to abuse anything for that matter.

As for Beck, and the flu vaccine comments, anyone who would refrain from having a shot because some entertainer told them too not do it, is a jerk and not terribly bright. I didn't hear him say that as I rarely waste my time watching him. I will say one thing, our doctor isn't pushing the HIN1 vaccine if that is what you are referring to...

Nita
Oprah is an entertainer. I put her in the entertainer category, with Glenn Beck. Obama is a politician. I'm not sure what Sarah is other than a pit bull with lipstick, who's a big facebook poster.

There are more problems to society from alcohol than there are from the illegal drugs, probably b/c it is legal and easy to obtain.

I agree with your comments on Beck and the flu shot issue. Here is some information on Beck's opinion, which he seems to think is as good as the CDC researchers' opionions.

PolitiFact | Glenn Beck warns that in 1970s, flu shots caused neurological problems

Old 10-25-2009, 11:53 AM

40,967 posts, read 49,289,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If he convinces one person NOT to get a flu shot who subsequently dies of flu, he's responsible for their death.
And if you convince someone to get a shot & they have a resulting problem, they should sue you also ?

Thank goodness we are adults who can take a little personal responsibility.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:56 AM

I will not convince anyone to do what they don't want to do, either for themselves or their kids. I do try to educate.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:25 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,764,518 times
Nope. They are just entertainers, and damned good ones. Everything they do or say is to draw in more views, which in turn equals more popularity, more money, etc. ANY PUBLICITY is good publicity right...

Don't get me wrong, I loathe both and think they're bumbling buffoons. And I am amused by those that take them seriously, but... it is what it is. In the end Glenn is getting the last laugh because although he lost sponsors (though Fox didn't seem to lose any sponsors outright, just changed time slots) Nielsen is in his favor with the increased viewers waiting to see what idiotic or otherwise absurd thing he'll say next. Kudos to Glenn, he gets paid to perpetuate a faux-libertarian dimwit!

Last edited by tekka-maki; 10-25-2009 at 12:37 PM..

Old 10-25-2009, 02:37 PM
am2

413 posts, read 857,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post

She was Mayor of the Meth Capital of Alaska

thank God she was only governor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies