Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 12:52 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,692,435 times

Advertisements

Here is a thought, no troops there no dead troops.
Get the hell out of the those countries and pack up our bases can come home.
If someone attacks us then deal with him.
Leave a few speical forces behind and let bin laden come out of hidding and then kill him.
When the troops come home let them enjoy their families and then protect our borders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 01:04 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,911,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoshin1115 View Post
Iran doesn't need any help from us; they've earned the Axis of Evil moniker just fine by their actions. We don't need to bomb them to the stone age, they're still in it.

Thanks for lumping all of us as paranoid, by the way. Big brushes are easier to paint with, right?
Ah ! The silly foof brigades have arrived. Iran isn't in the stone age. Google some images. NO LOINCLOTHS, or caves. get a grip, there cowboy !

Old 10-08-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did you see a lot of paranoia in that video or the article from CBS? I saw a lot of truth that is being held back from our military men by the administration in an attempt to please the Iranians. I guess you didn't see that soldier explaining how the grenade was manufactured in Iran. Paranoia is nothing but the favorite word from the left now days.
Nah ! Paranoia was brought to us by the likes of Colin Powel, Bush, Cheney, and that oaf Karl Rove, the insane ********, hag bag Rice, and Tom "mr color codes" Ridge. Look out, here come those pesky WMDS again.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:19 PM

What if the Taliban were getting weapons from any other country but Iran ?

Broad what if. Would the talking heads be as venemous toward Indonesia ? Switzerland ? Monaco ? Seriously. Just create an enemy. Make one up. Give the leader a name that school kids can pronounce, and within a few days, the right will have their antichrist. Oh wait ! The right already has one named Obama, but they need someone across the water. You know. "swarthy." No blonde haired blue eyed. Must be swarthy !!!!

Old 10-08-2009, 01:34 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,943,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did you see a lot of paranoia in that video or the article from CBS? I saw a lot of truth that is being held back from our military men by the administration in an attempt to please the Iranians. I guess you didn't see that soldier explaining how the grenade was manufactured in Iran. Paranoia is nothing but the favorite word from the left now days.
I didn't see truth being held back from our military men. The military knows the truth. They see what's happening. An Islamic theocracy with resources is trying to help another Islamic theocracy that doesn't have resources. And both are uniting against a common enemy, the United States.

We are not at war with Iran, however, so it would be logical that the military wouldn't know what our strategies are with regards to this measure. After all, since we aren't at war, then the strategies would necessarily be diplomatic. Some of the strategies might even involve intelligence activities that this administration would not wanted made public. After all, outing your intelligence operatives generally isn't a good political move, regardless of how our previous Vice President feels about such things.

Not being involved with the diplomatic corps, but just given the events in Iran since the last election, it should be obvious to anyone who keeps up with these things that Iran's theocracy isn't as solid as it once appeared. There are divisions within Iran's government. That fact, coupled with Iran's demographic characteristics (a very young population compared with other countries, and a growing economy), means that there are opportunities at several levels to support factions that are more sympathetic to American interests. Factions that would not be as sympathetic to the Taliban. Exploiting Iran's weaknesses via these means is infinitely more attractive than by military means, given the current American situation.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:59 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,954,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
the White House has been basically ignoring the Iran problem for years while conservatives didn't issue a peep.
Patently untrue. Plenty of hawks like Cheney and John Bolton have been advocating a first strike against Iran for some time.

The thing that was Bush's set back and now known as untrue was the NIE of 2007 that stated Iran had ended it's nuclear program (the deck was stacked with a bunch of peacniks as the the NIE was written by a bunch of anti-war doves). Mostly likely had the intelligence community not turned their backs on Bush, he would have commensed the air campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
George W Bush told us that due to our actions the Taliban had "ceased to exist".
Another untruth. I hate being a link troll but I cannot find Bush's speech were he says the Taliban ceased to exist. He wasn't a great orator and may have made the blunder but I do not think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Iran isn't in the stone age. Google some images.

Lets see, burying a woman up to her waist before stoning her to death because she was raped = progressive society. That's barbary and as stone-aged as it comes.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:06 PM

68,352 posts, read 54,533,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Patently untrue. Plenty of hawks like Cheney and John Bolton have been advocating a first strike against Iran for some time.
You mean the ChickenShi.....ummmm.....Hawks, don't you?

Quote:
Another untruth. I hate being a link troll but I cannot find Bush's speech were he says the Taliban ceased to exist. He wasn't a great orator and may have made the blunder but I do not think so.
Nope, NOT untrue but you're correct, 2 years ago a link would appear at the top of a search. Now? Who knows? Maybe 400,099th in the list, I'm not gonna look, I remember quite well what he claimed.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:13 PM

Default the irony

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You mean the ChickenShi.....ummmm.....Hawks, don't you?
You guys righteously entertain me. On one hand I have, "the White House has been basically ignoring the Iran problem for years while conservatives didn't issue a peep' and on the other I have, "You mean the ChickenShi .....ummmm.....Hawks".

LMAO and shaking my head.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:14 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,943,549 times
Quote:

The thing that was Bush's set back and now known as untrue was the NIE of 2007 that stated Iran had ended it's nuclear program (the deck was stacked with a bunch of peacniks as the the NIE was written by a bunch of anti-war doves). Mostly likely had the intelligence community not turned their backs on Bush, he would have commensed the air campaign.

Lets see, burying a woman up to her waist before stoning her to death because she was raped = progressive society. That's barbary and as stone-aged as it comes.
You know that picture you posted, well when I googled it, I found:

A dramatic depiction of a stoning from the 1994 Dutch film, De Steen. The photo was previously incorrectly identified as a photo from an actual stoning in Iran roughly 20 years ago.

Really, it's always a good idea when posting a picture to be alert to copyright infringement issues, and to do a little research.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Really, it's always a good idea when posting a picture to be alert to copyright infringement issues, and to do a little research.
No one is infallable. I found it in public domain without any mention of De Steen. The dangers of the WWW. I go out of my way to be honest when presenting my side. Don't be snide, "do a little research" - you know I research my information.

You're good with google. You also know there's plenty other images from Iran I could post depicting the same barbareous actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies