Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 02:38 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,044,726 times

Advertisements

and highlights just how ineffective he has been.

Paterson: 'You Don't Give Up' | Politicker NY | New York Politics News, Reaction, and Analysis (http://www.politickerny.com/5407/paterson-dont-give - broken link)
Paterson blames weak Obama record for friction - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Paterson blames weak Obama record for friction

Quote:
If you look at it from their perspective, they haven’t exactly been able to govern in the first year of their administration in the way that other administrations have, where you would have, theoretically, a period in which the new administration is allowed to pass the needed pieces of legislation.
I guess people are starting to notice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 02:41 PM

27,221 posts, read 46,873,317 times
I love "karma"

Old 09-22-2009, 02:45 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,418,284 times
Paterson: 'You Don't Give Up' | Politicker NY | New York Politics News, Reaction, and Analysis (http://www.politickerny.com/5407/paterson-dont-give - broken link)

Quote:
But Paterson said Obama “was gracious to me. He asked me how I was feeling” and “he expressed a little chagrin about the process in this situation.”

Paterson also said it was untrue that he had been given a “direct message from a congressman” as had been reported in the New York Times, which named Representative Gregory Meeks as the messenger.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:20 PM

Here, from the article;

Quote:
“I understand the president’s concern and I understand concern of staff members at the White House. If you look at it from their perspective, they haven’t exactly been able to govern in the first year of their administration in the way that other administrations have, where you would have, theoretically, a period in which the new administration is allowed to pass the needed pieces of legislation.”

Old 09-22-2009, 03:36 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,685,831 times
Governor Patterson is hardly in a position to throw anyone under a bus. Mostly because he's been stuck there himself almost since the day he took office.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:38 PM

24,464 posts, read 23,168,316 times
Governor Patterson I'm happy for you and I'ma let you finish, but I got thrown under the bus the fastest of all time. Of all time.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:20 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,554,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

You of all people applauding a man that's using the "excuse" of "racism" as a reason for bad poll numbers. Why because he's saying what you believe as a "throwing of the President under the bus"

Old 09-23-2009, 08:52 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,837,120 times
How it all went down:

Transcript Of Phone Call Between President Obama and NY Governor David Paterson » The Nose On Your Face (http://www.thenoseonyourface.com/conservative-satire/transcript-of-phone-call-between-president-obama-and-ny-governor-david-paterson/ - broken link)

Old 09-23-2009, 02:44 PM

Mrs. Paterson is upset;

Governor's wife, Michelle Paterson, says President Obama should not have asked him to drop out of election

Quote:
"You never heard of that before," Michelle Paterson, in her first comments on the situation, said following a luncheon in Midtown.

"David's the first African-American governor in the state of New York and he's being asked to get out of the race. It's very unusual and it seems very unfair."

Paterson added, "I never heard of a president asking a governor not to run ... so I thought it was very unusual that this would be asked of David and I don't think it's right."
I've never heard of such a thing - have you?

Old 09-23-2009, 03:09 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,899,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

What goes around, comes around. Pretty funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies