Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 11:13 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,695,452 times

Advertisements

The White House on Sunday dismissed a claim by New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd that administration critics like Rep. Joe Wilson, who called President Obama a liar during his health care address to Congress, are motivated by race.

White House Dismisses Dowd Claim That Wilson Outburst Was Race-Based - Political News - FOXNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 11:20 AM

192 posts, read 220,295 times
Mark my words, right here, right now, by the end of Chairman 0bama's second term it will be a capital offence to criticise him. The leftists are playing the race card every five minutes. It is the only way they can silence debate. You call someone a "racist" and they immediately shut up for fear of the reprocussions.

99% of liberals believe that those who criticise 0bama have no reason to do it other than race. The United States is going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too far to the left. I avoid criticising him in public. We are on our way to our own "1984", slowly, but we are on the way.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,664,437 times
Playing the race card is an easy out. Used all too often these days.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:24 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,223,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
The White House on Sunday dismissed a claim by New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd that administration critics like Rep. Joe Wilson, who called President Obama a liar during his health care address to Congress, are motivated by race.

White House Dismisses Dowd Claim That Wilson Outburst Was Race-Based - Political News - FOXNews.com
Of course the administration is going to say it's not racism. They don't want to get in a verbal war about racism, and well they shouldn't.

However, why are so many people so blind to this reality? All one has to do is read posts on the stormfront web site to KNOW that racism is alive and well in this country, and that there are many, many "closet racists" out there as well.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Of course the administration is going to say it's not racism. They don't want to get in a verbal war about racism, and well they shouldn't.

However, why are so many people so blind to this reality? All one has to do is read posts on the stormfront web site to KNOW that racism is alive and well in this country, and that there are many, many "closet racists" out there as well.

Are those women from ACORN who were giving advice on how to enslave young, underage, latina women into a lifetime of child prostitution racists too? Or just the white Republicans who criticise 0bama?

Old 09-13-2009, 11:33 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,411,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

Maureen Dowd is a fool who is helping her dinosaur company to the tar pits.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:41 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,450,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post

I don't think anyone is saying that racism does not exists but just because you disagree with someone does not make you a raciest. That is crazy. I disagree with Obama's policies not his skin color. On a personal level I think it is wonderful that a Mulatto man has become President I do wish it had been a Republican though.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:42 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,580,210 times
There are some people who would say the Wilson outburst WAS race-related, of course. So is the illegal-immigration controversy, according to them. So are disparites in SAT scores, crime rates, the lack of Asian-Americans in professional basketball, crack cocaine distribution, sagging pants in the school system, and the invasion of Iraq. For some people, it's ALL race-related. It forms the entire framework of how they see the world.

But sometimes, a lie is just a lie. Pointing that out may not be the decorous thing to do; it may not be politically wise; and it may not make you a lot of friends...but that doesn't mean it's racist.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:49 AM

MacMeal, these people are very vocal though, and I would venture to say based on things I have heard Democrats say that 90+% of them believe that all critics of Chairman 0bama are racists. Like clockwork, EVERY SINGLE TIME someone criticises him, someone from the left screams "racism". They know what they are doing, they are silencing debate. And unfortunately Republicans are scared of being labeled that so they shut up.

The New York Times is practically the liberal Bible. If it's in there, you can bet that liberals believe it, chapter and verse.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,664,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
MacMeal, these people are very vocal though, and I would venture to say based on things I have heard Democrats say that 90+% of them believe that all critics of Chairman 0bama are racists. Like clockwork, EVERY SINGLE TIME someone criticises him, someone from the left screams "racism". They know what they are doing, they are silencing debate. And unfortunately Republicans are scared of being labeled that so they shut up.

The New York Times is practically the liberal Bible. If it's in there, you can bet that liberals believe it, chapter and verse.
I agree with you. I do see it occurring. Nice way to "unite" Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies