Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Obama's Plans For a Civilian Army on the Streets of America
Hell No 105 78.95%
No 6 4.51%
Yes 2 1.50%
Hell Yes 11 8.27%
Other 3 2.26%
Not Sure 6 4.51%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 06:00 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,770,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I repeat, when YOU post something as fact, it is YOUR responsibility to post the links to said facts.

I don't watch talk shows. Doesn't matter which side they're on. I form my own opinions, not the opinion of a television 'personality'. If a bill is being discussed, I read the bill. If there is a link to a bill in front of the House or Senate regarding the formation of a 'Civilian Army', I'll read it.

Link? Don't have one? Doesn't exist? Your poll is, hmmmm, how can I put it........, how's this>>>>>IT"S STUPID!!
And still in total denial, aincha?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 06:03 PM

974 posts, read 1,588,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
So????????? Obama has NEVER said ANYTHING about a civilian military or brownshirts, IS the POINT.

He actually said he did not care about the Nazi brown shirt or gestapo claims. He said he could not agree with them being funded better than our standing military force.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:22 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,333,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Do You Support Obama's Plans For a Civilian Army on the Streets of America
Wait. Maybe I do, if it is to round up and eliminate Liberals!

JUST KIDDING!!! But this was their idea.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:32 PM

13 posts, read 63,803 times
When I think "Army" I think of people who are trained to kill enemies and break things. When Obama says security force, I do not think he is referring to an armed force except for law enforcement. I have completed training offered by FEMA called NIMS. I have also registered with the Dept of Homeland Security as a possible federal resource. I think this is what he is referring to. So I will vote hell yes.
FEMA | Federal Emergency Management Agency

Old 08-26-2009, 06:50 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,854,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I repeat, when YOU post something as fact, it is YOUR responsibility to post the links to said facts.

I don't watch talk shows. Doesn't matter which side they're on. I form my own opinions, not the opinion of a television 'personality'. If a bill is being discussed, I read the bill. If there is a link to a bill in front of the House or Senate regarding the formation of a 'Civilian Army', I'll read it.

Link? Don't have one? Doesn't exist? Your poll is, hmmmm, how can I put it........, how's this>>>>>IT"S STUPID!!
How did you miss the video that has been posted and quoted in a couple of post

Or are you ignoring the video on purpose?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:57 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,065,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASoldiersDad View Post
When I think "Army" I think of people who are trained to kill enemies and break things. When Obama says security force, I do not think he is referring to an armed force except for law enforcement. I have completed training offered by FEMA called NIMS. I have also registered with the Dept of Homeland Security as a possible federal resource. I think this is what he is referring to. So I will vote hell yes.
FEMA | Federal Emergency Management Agency
I really don't think he's talking about that.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:33 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,331,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
The Civilian National Security Force that Obama wanted just as well funded as our military was made in a July 2, 2008 speech given in Colorado Springs, CO. I am not sure if he was suffering from Rocky MT fever or properly changed his mind, but I haven't heard much since then.

YouTube - Obama Civilian Security
Thank you everyone who has posted this video. Many of these Obama-lovers deny the video is real.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:43 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,614,597 times
"Obama was not talking about a "security force" with guns or police powers. He was talking specifically about expanding AmeriCorps and the Peace Corps and the USA Freedom Corps, which is the volunteer initiative launched by the Bush administration after the attacks of 9/11, and about increasing the number of trained Foreign Service officers who populate U.S. embassies overseas."

FactCheck.org: Is Obama planning a Gestapo-like "civilian national security force"? (http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/is_obama_planning_a_gestapo-like_civilian_national.html - broken link)

Old 08-26-2009, 08:07 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,316,258 times
And here is Rahm Emanuel talking about this.

YouTube - Obama - Emanuel Mandatory Service "The Plan"

Old 08-26-2009, 08:23 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,919,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
And still in total denial, aincha?
About a 'Civilian Army on the Streets of America'? There is no such bull in the House or Senate. Beck is using this to get his ratings up in light after his show has lost almost 40 advertisers. You go ahead and goose step to his nonsense. I'm just going to sit back and marvel at the lack of self thinkers among the minions on the right.

Amazing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies