Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Obama's Plans For a Civilian Army on the Streets of America
Hell No 105 78.95%
No 6 4.51%
Yes 2 1.50%
Hell Yes 11 8.27%
Other 3 2.26%
Not Sure 6 4.51%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 03:07 AM

1,664 posts, read 2,305,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
When YOU post something as fact the onus is on YOU to provide a link to YOUR claim.

*Geeze Louise!!*
No, its up to you to do your own research.

- Reel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 03:10 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,344,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
No, its up to you to do your own research.

- Reel
Not if you're challenged for an assertion made as fact.
This is a standard internet rule if you want to maintain (or gain) any credibility.
It is a question of integrity.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
The information is all over the internet. Obama does not hide his plans.

Watch Glenn Beck tomorrow for even more details.
I was real disturbed when I heard him say that. I thought this was common knowledge. I didn't even think it was necessary to be well informed to know this. People are acting like this is the first time they've heard this. Most of them probably voted for Obama and they don't even know what he said? WOW!

Its just like not reading the Bill, I guess.

- Reel

Old 08-31-2009, 03:12 AM

Quote:
I repeat, when YOU post something as fact, it is YOUR responsibility to post the links to said facts.
I repeat, its up to you do to your own research!

- Reel

Old 08-31-2009, 03:17 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,344,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
I repeat, its up to you do to your own research!

- Reel
See my post no. 162.
You guys make up too much crazy crap for us to spend all of our time chasing it down.

If you have no integrity, you end up in the twit filter; for not posting sources, rightfully so.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:19 AM

Quote:

or try reading the Bill itself HR 1388 H.R.1388: The Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

The Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act (formally the Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education (GIVE) Act) authorizes a dramatic funding increase for AmeriCorps and other volunteer programs, . . .
It didn't sound to me as though Obama was talking about AmeriCorps or other volunteer work to build houses for people, etc. He talked of a Natinal Security Force! Doesn't sound at all like helping out at the old folks home, does it?

And he compared it to the military. He says security cannot be left to the military alone. His idea is for this to be a 'Security Force', friends! Pretty scary stuff.

- Reel

Old 08-31-2009, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Wallace View Post
I think it's important to stay away from propaganda. That means propaganda from either side of the fence, whether we're talking about Glenn Beck or Keith Olbermann. Propaganda works because it's a silly distortion of the facts that plays on people's fears, but unfortunately, propaganda makes the people who believe it look silly as well. This is unfortunate for the conservatives, because when some more gullible members of that party spread propaganda, they look emotional and hysterical, just as liberals did when some more gullible members of that party claimed that Bush masterminded 9/11. Silly.

Here's what Factcheck.org (http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/is_obama_planning_a_gestapo-like_civilian_national.html - broken link)says about the Obama "security force."

Quote:
A:

This false claim is a badly distorted version of Obama's call for doubling the Peace Corps, creating volunteer networks and increasing the size of the Foreign Service.

Feel free to click the link for the full source.
I'm sorry but that is not what Obama said. He said this was to be for the purpose of increasing our security. He compared it to the military saying that our security cannot be left to the military alone. This is not Peace Corps volunteer work!

- Reel

Old 08-31-2009, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
So????????? Obama has NEVER said ANYTHING about a civilian military or brownshirts, IS the POINT.
"We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set," he said Wednesday. "We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded."

- Barack Obama

He wants a 'civilian national security force' that will help meet our security objectives. He wants this force to do what we are currently relying on our military to do. Wake up, my friend!

- Reel

Old 08-31-2009, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
enough ostrich behavior. the streets are out of control.
of course any attempt at a gun grab, you know very well where that is coming from under any pretext. support state militias support NRA.
Wow! You got over 400 rep points in one week!

I know you post a lot on different forums. Maybe as many as 50 per day but 50 per day is only 350 posts per week. That would be 350 rep points if you got a rep for every post.

That just doesn't seem possible. How are you doing it, my friend? I've read a lot of your posts. Some are worth a rep but not all of them. What percentage of your posts are worth a rep? Twenty percent? That would be high don't you think?

I'm just askin'. I couldn't help but notice how your reps just sky rocket. Fill us in on how your doing this. Thanks,

- Reel

Old 08-31-2009, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
See my post no. 162.
You guys make up too much crazy crap for us to spend all of our time chasing it down.

If you have no integrity, you end up in the twit filter; for not posting sources, rightfully so.
Anyone can say anything that they want to. You can challenge anything that you want to. Anyone can provide a link to back up a post or a challenge if they so desire. If you provide links I think you will look better and have a stronger argument but its not required. Nobody HAS to provide a link if they don't want to.

- Reel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies