Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 01:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,309,776 times

Advertisements

Well folks I well remember his first day in double digit negative territory on July 30 and now he sets a new record with a drop of over 5 points in one day. Yep he is now negative 14 and probably will go lower tomorrow.

Darn those people at Rasmussen calling 1500 people each day to get their take on things. Read the article and then comment, please. Lets avoid the partisan howling from either side without some reading taking place, for a change.

I must apologize to all for forgetting to insert the link. I screwed up and then howled at people for not reading it. Here it is, late but nevertheless.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll

Last edited by roysoldboy; 08-23-2009 at 02:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 01:23 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,555,653 times
No matter how far YOU think Obama will go...his standing in the eyes of most Americans and the world will never be lower than George W's. What was his final approval rating? Probably in the teens or low 20s.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:26 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,349,863 times
How low can he go?

YouTube - McDonald's Happy Meal Ad Cha Cha Slide (long version)

Old 08-23-2009, 01:26 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,909,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Well folks I well remember his first day in double digit negative territory on July 30 and now he sets a new record with a drop of over 5 points in one day. Yep he is now negative 14 and probably will go lower tomorrow.

Darn those people at Rasmussen calling 1500 people each day to get their take on things. Read the article and then comment, please. Lets avoid the partisan howling from either side without some reading taking place, for a change.
I think Obama will stay the course, albeit redirected somewhat by Congress. The same sorts of things happened to FDR .. (Congress even declared some of FDR's stuff as unconstitutional .. once they started to actually read what he had in mind)

Obama's numbers will fluctuate up and down over the next 3 years, and the overall tone of his Presidency will be marginalized by the American people through court challenges.

Obama is not a policy maker ... no President is ... and the sooner he understands this, the better off both he and us will be. ..

Old 08-23-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
No matter how far YOU think Obama will go...his standing in the eyes of most Americans and the world will never be lower than George W's. What was his final approval rating? Probably in the teens or low 20s.
Let me suggest that you read the link so you can see that you aren't talking about the same kind of poll and surely not the same poll. I don't know about Bush because I didn't look at Rasmussen Polls back then but I have the whole 7 months of Obama and he has fallen like a rock the last month.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
That is a humorous video but I don't see what it has to do with any poll of Obama doing his job. Could you explain that to me?

Old 08-23-2009, 01:59 PM

161 posts, read 342,084 times
Where is the link?

Old 08-23-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
I think Obama will stay the course, albeit redirected somewhat by Congress. The same sorts of things happened to FDR .. (Congress even declared some of FDR's stuff as unconstitutional .. once they started to actually read what he had in mind)

Obama's numbers will fluctuate up and down over the next 3 years, and the overall tone of his Presidency will be marginalized by the American people through court challenges.

Obama is not a policy maker ... no President is ... and the sooner he understands this, the better off both he and us will be. ..
I thought someone had finally read that thing but not so. When will someone look at the link?

Old 08-23-2009, 02:02 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,551,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

You're too lost to even understand "partisan howling" is the ONLY accomplishment the rightwing has left. To the detriment of their party, and this country.

You dont understand that part, either.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAYLINDA View Post
Where is the link?
I guess I was keeping the link with me where it was safe. Here it is. Sorry for chewing people for not reading something that wasn't there.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies