Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 03:55 PM

958 posts, read 2,136,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
You are sooooo right!
I have said this often on here. The anti UHC brigade are fighting tooth and nail to stop every American recieving good healthcare in a UHC yet pay every month in their taxes for Iraq to get healthcare for it's people.
This is insane.

Hook line and sinker...emphasis on sinker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 05:49 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,390,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
One would think that Obama would have stopped this by now. Is there a possibility that what we paid for in Iraq isn't exactly what he wants us to pay for here? I think that is a distinct possibility.

My, my using something over 5 years old to stir up the progs. How low can you go.
I didn't remember Bush/Cheney/Rumsfield promoting the funding of a UHC system for Iraq 5 years ago... did you? What can I say, I've forgotten things over the years.

And, since it's such a hot issue now with UHC and single payer get all sorts of flack from Armey, McCaughey, and others on the right, don't you think it's kind of ironic that those same folks thought it was ok to invest US $ on such a "poor" system for Iraq when obviously it's so inferior to what we have currently?

And actually, if it's working for Iraq... why stop it? And if it isn't working, why isn't it working? But, I don't think it matters one way or the other now. I don't think Obama has any say in it, appears to be Iraq's baby now and if there is a problem, they have to deal with it, not us.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:01 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,804,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checking out View Post
It's called nation building, which occurs ONLY on foreign soil.

I'm thinking this post has something to do with bombing of the USS Cole, how about you? < Ha!

What about that war in Iraq, how's it going? Or do we call that something else these days? Tell me something current, would ya.
The war in Iraq was called Operation Iraq Liberation at first but somebody figured out that spells OIL so they changed it to Operation Desert Storm and then to Operation Mission Accomplished and now Operation We Don't Know When The Hell We Are Leaving.
Of course the Iraqis simply call it "The War Of Western Aggression"

Old 08-23-2009, 06:18 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,874,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Please, if you're going to rant and rail, get something current? Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - Page updated at 12:00 A.M.
What do your mean? Doesn't Iraq still have this UHC system that they love?

Old 08-23-2009, 06:20 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,874,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
One would think that Obama would have stopped this by now. Is there a possibility that what we paid for in Iraq isn't exactly what he wants us to pay for here? I think that is a distinct possibility.

My, my using something over 5 years old to stir up the progs. How low can you go.

The question is why do you let the Republicans play you like a fiddle?

Old 08-23-2009, 06:29 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,001,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The war in Iraq was called Operation Iraq Liberation at first but somebody figured out that spells OIL so they changed it to Operation Desert Storm and then to Operation Mission Accomplished and now Operation We Don't Know When The Hell We Are Leaving.
Of course the Iraqis simply call it "The War Of Western Aggression"
And we shall pay our price for the dominion we acquired.

Meanwhile where are those oil sipping automobiles?

Hmmm, what shall the new name be....hmmmm......?

Imperialism In Iraq .... I I I.... I Dunno I I I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies