Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is hurting the Democrat Party the most these days?
Corruption 2 3.17%
King of the Hill attitude 2 3.17%
Obama 1 1.59%
Their "Endless' Spending 5 7.94%
Their lean to Marxism. 1 1.59%
Not listening to the American People. 4 6.35%
ALL of the above 35 55.56%
other 12 19.05%
Not Sure 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 12:46 AM

968 posts, read 1,043,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Who cares? It's the friggin donkeys!
I care. It's hard to take someone seriously if he can't demonstrate a grasp of middle school level grammar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 01:00 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,314,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Actually its Republicans that are hurting more.
Your are dead solid wrong and not even close!
The Dems are done for 2010 and 2012.
Thank the far left and screwing up!

Old 08-22-2009, 03:04 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,478,978 times
A combined IQ that still can't reach 40, an inability to see everything that is right in front of their eyes, and their lemming acceptance of everything msnbc tells them.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:19 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,858,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
What is hurting the Democrat Party the most?
You did not put "ineffectiveness". That is what is hurting them the most. They were voted in on the basis of the changes that were promised and thus far I have basically not seen many chnages. It is looking more and more to many like a 3rd Bush term with big bailouts for the wealthy, 100,000 troops still in Iraq, health care being bungled, immigration reform not even on the radar and gays still being banned from the military.
So where is the "change we can believe in"? President Obama's numbers are NOT falling because Republicans turned on him. They are falling because Democrats are seeing him not LEAD and not FIGHT for anything. I mean, we are in the middle of a hell fight on his signature issue and he takes off to Marthas Vineyard for a week to hang around the same evil ruling class of people he is supposed to be fighting with for us.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:23 AM

59 posts, read 53,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Actually its Republicans that are hurting more.
I beg to differ. Lately the Democrat party has been imploding.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:24 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,858,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Your are dead solid wrong and not even close!
The Dems are done for 2010 and 2012.
Thank the far left and screwing up!
The Dems are only done if they FAIL to deliver on their PROMISES. The economy is coming back and will be in fair shape by 2010 so that will not do them in but if we still have no health care bill and we still have 100,000 troops in Iraq, they are done because we will stay home.
If the DO keep their promises the base will stick with them and they will win- or at the very least not lose nearly as much as they might have otherwise. So they have to choose between either losing alot or losing a little or even none.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Other---their feet from stomping Republicans
TRUE Liberals are a good thing. The current crop of neo-progs are smothering the Democrat party in shame.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
What hurts the Democratic Party the most is senators like the Democratic senator who was trying to get gay sex from men in the men's restroom at the Minnesota airport by tapping his foot against the foot of the guy in the next stall who turned out to be a cop and busted him.

Oh wait, that was an upright, moral, 'straight' Republican senator.

Never mind.

That Republican Senator is a disgrace to the party. I can admit that. However, when a Democrat screws up, the neoprogs flock to their rescue regardless of the crime or sin.

You see, there's the difference. I can admit that the Republicans in their current state are a bunch of shams. But, when the Democrats screw up the neoprogs will do anything to defend their party.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Rubbish.

Are you really so uneducated in basic polling methodology??
LOL. Please educate us on "basic polling methodology" Einstein.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I don't think anything is hurting the Democratic Party. Dissatisfaction with Obama will only lead to a stronger party.
MovingForward, that is an interesting statement, and I mean that with sincerity, not sarcasm. Would you elaborate?

Again, I am truly interested in your answer because it sounds like you have some intellectual abilities unlike many on these forums at times (btw, I mean BOTH parties friend).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies