Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 11:34 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
There is no House or Senate bill. Both bills are still in various committees in both chambers. The final versions have not been written, let alone voted on.
However, the "House bill" was accepted by three committees so it is considered finished except for all the changes that must be made.

I liked hearing RINO, whoops New Dem, Specter say that about the bills today to be immediately refuted by Republican Ryan about the three House committees. I have agreed with Specter about this subject but Ryan made me back off and take another peek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Cantel Medical Corp took the interview seriously. Her bumbling through the interview and her debunked lies got her removed from her position. She was a train wreck.

Stewart might be political comedian commentator. But the comparison between Stewart and Rock is a stretch at best. It's like comparing Beck to Larry the Cable Guy.
Darned right. Larry is a whole lot funnier than Glenn is.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:14 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
However, the "House bill" was accepted by three committees so it is considered finished except for all the changes that must be made.
Funny use of the word "finished".

Old 08-23-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Funny use of the word "finished".
It was considered finished before they went on vacation. Too many changes will have to be made or it is dead.

Now back to the original topic of this thread. I finally took time to watch the first of the two videos and because of my bias I thought that Betsy won in the first one. I can't for the life of me see how you progs think that Stewart won that one. If you aren't one of those I will back off in including you in this.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It was considered finished before they went on vacation. Too many changes will have to be made or it is dead.
It isn't finished until they vote on it.

Quote:
Now back to the original topic of this thread. I finally took time to watch the first of the two videos and because of my bias I thought that Betsy won in the first one. I can't for the life of me see how you progs think that Stewart won that one. If you aren't one of those I will back off in including you in this.
There are four videos. I linked the page on The Daily Show site that has all four, 28 minutes worth.

Stewart won because he was discussing what the draft said, not what some fear monger says it said.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:15 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
But no one is talking about how this will be paid for.

I can tell you how: a national Value Added (Sales) Tax. There is absolutely no other way to pay for such a gigantic federal program as National Health Care.

If you like the IRS, you're gonna love the National VAT Board. If you think Medicare is in trouble funding-wise, there s no way a sane person can say "Well, hell. Let's just add another couple trillion a year to the bill."

The Congressional Dems are nuts. Their lust for political power has them writing huge checks that the rest of us -- and our grandchildren -- are going to have to cover.

How?

Old 08-23-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
But no one is talking about how this will be paid for.

I can tell you how: a national Value Added (Sales) Tax. There is absolutely no other way to pay for such a gigantic federal program as National Health Care.

If you like the IRS, you're gonna love the National VAT Board. If you think Medicare is in trouble funding-wise, there s no way a sane person can say "Well, hell. Let's just add another couple trillion a year to the bill."

The Congressional Dems are nuts. Their lust for political power has them writing huge checks that the rest of us -- and our grandchildren -- are going to have to cover.

How?
Funny you should ask.....https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post10416543

Old 08-23-2009, 05:18 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,413,880 times
Quote:
But no one on Fox News is talking about how this will be paid for.
I fixed your quote so it was actually true.
Quote:
Lol so you're just going to state your baseless speculation as fact? You say there is absolutely no other way to pay for UHC, even though there is if you would actually do some research.
Quote:
How?
Regardless of your speculative tax being imposed, we need health care reform. There hasn't been one logical reason for us not to try to fix this problem. You keep acting like having to pay for it is a legitimate reason to not support having health care reform. If you're worried about us, and our grandchildren having to pay for health care, you should be even more worried about the 50 million Americans who don't have even have health care, and how their grandchildren might not live long enough to pay for it.

I guess it comes down to priorities. You either think its worth it to pay for all of Americans have health insurance, or you think health insurance is only deserved by people who have the income to pay for it.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:47 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post

I guess it comes down to priorities. You either think its worth it to pay for all of Americans have health insurance, or you think health insurance is only deserved by people who have the income to pay for it.
Like most Americans, you are unable to think of more than two options. There is, however, a third: provide the people with an understandable plan which is both compassionate and affordable.

That's what our representatives are paid to do. Why are they unable to do so now?

Old 08-24-2009, 12:40 PM

689 posts, read 742,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Ok, tell me your point of view and I promise not to respond. Either you're gonna post a bunch of lies and speculation or you're going to bring up a good point, either way I don't need to talk to you afterwards. Hell even PM it to me.

Right now it just looks like you're dodging the question because you refuse to answer for some reason. I mean who doesn't post their view on a website? You troll these boards up and down but don't ever give your opinion? Come on man you gotta do better than that. But I'll make it easy for you, because I know you probably don't have anything so say, but I will not respond to you again this thread if you just post your legitimate views on the health care bill.
What would be the point of that? I would want someone to respond if I took the time to write something out. You have already made up your mind. Dude...don't you realize that you are not open to discussion? It's the elephant in the room brother. You can only see one side of an argument no matter what someone says. There are a bunch of people on both sides like this, and you are clearly one on the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies