Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Crime is Worse To You?
Rape 0 0%
Child Molestation 11 33.33%
Murder 21 63.64%
No Opinion 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 07:15 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,034,580 times

Advertisements

The subject title says it all, and this thread will attempt to answer a few questions What crime is the lowest of the low? Why do you think this?
Is it a violent murder?
Is it a child molester?

Should a murderer be treated better than a child molester?
To me ( my opinion), child molesters and rapists are the lowest of the low. However, there are some that seem to think that those that commit such crimes deserve sympathy instead of society's condemnation.

Some see child molestation as "more of a foolish mistake than an act that deserves the level of condemnation that some have for it."

What does CD think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 07:21 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,406,129 times
I think rape and child molestation fall under the same umbrella, but I digress.

If you've ever been to jail, or know anyone who has ever been to jail, you know there is one crime that even the inmates don't tolerate, child molesters.

I think that says enough, if even the worst members of society don't like it, I think that makes it the worst.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:26 PM

814 posts, read 2,308,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I think rape and child molestation fall under the same umbrella, but I digress.

If you've ever been to jail, or know anyone who has ever been to jail, you know there is one crime that even the inmates don't tolerate, child molesters.

I think that says enough, if even the worst members of society don't like it, I think that makes it the worst.
well, except for the molesters who happen to be incarcerated but many of them are free or unpunished.

they must not be the worst members since molesters and rapists are the worst members. insidiously, they are the trickiest to catch.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:30 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,602,294 times
Most survivors of rape and child molestation end up being productive members of society and have the opportunity to make the world a better place. Their friends and loved ones can see or speak to them every day. Victims of murder, and their friends and family, have none of that. So, I'd say that murder is the worst crime. As heinous as rape and child molestation are - they still offer possibilities for recovery - to the victim and the families - that murder does not.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:32 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,587,899 times
Child molestation.

Some people just deserve killing. No child deserves to be molested.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:37 PM

25,798 posts, read 18,848,819 times
They are all heinous. Yet murder stands alone as the act that permanently and absolutely denies the victim free agency forevermore. It's the ultimate act in unjust control over another, since it can never be overcome.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:13 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,034,580 times
So then why does there indeed seem to be a stronger reaction against child molesters than murderers?

My thought is that many murders occur between adults, and adults are presumed more capable of defending themselves against an attack, whereas children have neither the mental or physical strength to do so.
Perhaps this could be the reason?

Old 08-18-2009, 09:44 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,258,040 times
There is not even an argument here. Murder is by far the worst on the list. Remember, a lot child molesters and rapists are also murderers. Just think, if you were a ten year old child, and you had a man with a gun to your head, and were given a choice.... "either I am going to molest you, or kill you, it is your choice." I know I would chose to be molested, as that can be overcome. Death is permanent.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:25 AM

284 posts, read 543,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Child molestation.

Some people just deserve killing. No child deserves to be molested.
I concur. No person deserves to be raped or molested. On the other hand, I can think of a couple of examples of people who should be murdered.
For instance: a child molester or a rapist.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:33 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,258,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWARK MAGIC View Post
No person deserves to be raped or molested.

Are you so sure about that? How about when a child molester and/or rapist goes to prison, and is forced to become a "punk", in other words forcefully raped over and by the other inmates. I would say they deserve it, how about you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies