Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 03:05 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times

Advertisements

Obama will look back on this point in history and regret that he tried to pull political strings instead of going directly to the people. Had he not put it in the hands of an unpopular Congress, and instead used the popularity capital that he himself had captured, he would have made many fewer enemies in the populace. He was somewhat right by believing that he could use the traditional honeymoon period to get something passed, but he was terribly askew by not driving the discussion. He simply provided some guidelines and then turned it over to the ultimate lame-duck Congress. I believe he'll look back on this and see a lost opportunity, even if some form of reform is eventually passed. He never put his foot down, and he lost control of the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 06:02 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Support for Congressional Health Care Reform Falls to New Low - Rasmussen Reports™

Support for reform has taken a nose dive. Don't kill the messenger.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:45 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
I am on this thread because last night on the News they talked about this Health Care reform being like an HMO. Note: The only side I am on is the side of good solid "health care".......

As the woman who spoke sat there with these huge, huge, documents....she talked about what was
on page ( this and that) She read both plans and doesn't like what its about, Most certainly, HMO care.

Let me relay this story of one year when hubby's health care was an HMO.

He was in the OR having a test done to see what was what with his heart. He got a "flash" pulmonary edema and had to be taken immediately to the Intensive Care Unit.

I called to inform his HMO as it was on our insurance card as the step to take.

The woman on the phone told me " He can't be in there" ......" He didn't get permission!!!"
" You, won't be covered".......My reply to her.... "Well, lady.....If you want to take his bed out of there then go ahead, I won't" " I am not taking his bed out"
The next day or thereafter......I see little robot people in black suits marching in to the nurses area.
Go to files, look at this and that.....Certainly, in my opinion the HMO people.
One having to come into hubby's room asking " how he was feeling".......Now, Mr Summering......he will just smile and tell anyone he is fine. Thats the way he is. Next thing you know, he is taken out of the ICU.

If our HMO Reform Health Plan is going to be like it was at that time. People on the phone telling you you must not have your hubby in ICU after a "failed" heart test. Black clad people running around stopping your progress. We really don't need it.

I got out of the HMO's real fast and never returned.

Our policy now is great. We have good coverage for just about any incident. I'm not in the least interested in an HMO or government run plan that says "yes, or NO" to our health care.

A plan would be, as one person suggested on the News, to cover just the uninsured. It would be less expensive and it would be manageable.
Find a way to cover the uninsured only. They deserve treatment and care........The rest has to be left alone. Don't mess with something that works.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:33 AM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So, provide proof that Rasmussen is wrong.

Demonstrate how Rasmussen gets the elections wrong, and show us where their polls are consistently wrong.

Rasmussen judged one of most inaccurate polls in 2000! - Democratic Underground

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=caches0HHWP1pf4J:exceptionmag.com/politics/government/0001213/rasmussens-poll-constitution%3Fpage%3Dshow+rasmussen+polling+biase d&cd=16&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

"Given the errors and bias of this Rasmussen Reports poll in its questions, clearly Rasmussen Reports polls, in so far as providing accurate information regarding support of the Constitution or amending it, must be ignored as inaccurate, biased and contradictory. Further, as the questions asked by Rasmussen Reports clearly demonstrate an alignment with extreme political right groups that believe in scrapping the Constitution, the credibility and objectivity of Rasmussen Reports require careful scrutiny regarding opinions of amendment to the Constitution."

How they do it, a typical example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies