Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 04:31 PM

5,760 posts, read 8,112,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
dont matter who did it.Americans will never figure out that if they continue to tax the businesses who give us our jobs they will continue to leave.i personally not work another day this year by choice so i dont jump to a higher tax. gonna sit out the whole winter. go tax somebody else. why should i bother when the gov just takes it and gives it to someone else.i had a good tabacoo crop this year so screw that tax.Americans i mean the smart hard working ones will always adapt and get around this crap. hello black market
Leave. Nobody will miss you. You argument that you won't work due to tax bracken is stupid, incorrect and certainly bs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 04:43 PM

7,792 posts, read 8,088,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Leave. Nobody will miss you. You argument that you won't work due to tax bracken is stupid, incorrect and certainly bs.
na think i will stay this is my country. and my decision to not work due to my tax bracen actualy spelt bracket is in fact true. no BS here . now go back to work i expect my new benefits next year.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:52 PM

30,542 posts, read 19,052,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
This lib does get it. If we shift the taxation to the national level the incentive to leave the high tax states disappears. If we then discourage moving to another country by continuing to tax the expatriates at the same rates they faced at home we would still collect the money. If the expatriates refused to pay their taxes we could just pull their citizenship and leave them at the mercy of the government of their tax haven.
"at the mercy"? We have land in Brazil. I would love to be left "to thier mercy" and probably will be when I retire. The US has been ruined by lazy liberals.

Those remaining in the US will be left at the mercy of high taxes from the libs and will be thier slaves. Not me.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:53 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,627,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
By the 5th year of Bush's time in office, the rich were paying more in taxes, by percent, than they were during the end of the Clinton presidency.
Completely meaningless statistic. Which is why right-wingers resort to it so frequently. Here are some data that may give a clearer impression of the actual situation.

Between 2000 and 2006, the taxes paid by the top 1% of filers (by AGI) increased from $366.9 billion to $408.4 billion, a difference of a little less than $41.5 billion. Big bucks, eh? But their reported AGI increased over that same time period from $1,336.8 billion to $1,791.9 billion. That's a jump of $455.1 billion.

To save everybody the math, $41.5 billion in additional taxes taken out of $455.1 in additional income works out to an effective tax rate of 9.1%. There has never been a time in the past twenty years when the AVERAGE taxpayer paid an effective rate of less than 11.9%.

See how much fun it is to be rich?

Old 09-24-2009, 05:00 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,948,655 times
exactly when did it become our patriotic duty to work min wage pte no benefits w/o health care?
oh-- i know when--- when business told congress to slow down ICE, they were moving too fast 21 million illegals ago. strange --21 million illegals in the country mostly mexican looking for work, our government doesnt know how they got here or where they work.
the tragedy is americans hate unions, just hate them. they think the government and the boss are guna take care of them, they are--- but not like they think.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:31 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,894,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
This lib does get it. If we shift the taxation to the national level the incentive to leave the high tax states disappears. If we then discourage moving to another country by continuing to tax the expatriates at the same rates they faced at home we would still collect the money. If the expatriates refused to pay their taxes we could just pull their citizenship and leave them at the mercy of the government of their tax haven.
GregW: Like I said in a later post. Get rid of IRS, Corporate Tax, Inheritance Tax and institute a national sales tax. That will level the playing field and bring back major corporations. Don't have both sales tax and income tax. That would just kill the golden goose, and we all lose.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:39 AM

33,166 posts, read 19,802,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Completely meaningless statistic. Which is why right-wingers resort to it so frequently. Here are some data that may give a clearer impression of the actual situation.

Between 2000 and 2006, the taxes paid by the top 1% of filers (by AGI) increased from $366.9 billion to $408.4 billion, a difference of a little less than $41.5 billion. Big bucks, eh? But their reported AGI increased over that same time period from $1,336.8 billion to $1,791.9 billion. That's a jump of $455.1 billion.

To save everybody the math, $41.5 billion in additional taxes taken out of $455.1 in additional income works out to an effective tax rate of 9.1%. There has never been a time in the past twenty years when the AVERAGE taxpayer paid an effective rate of less than 11.9%.

See how much fun it is to be rich?

uhmmm the "average" taxpay(earning under 60K) pays nearly NOTHING in federal taxes, infact most even get MORE back than they paid.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:59 AM

5,760 posts, read 8,112,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhmmm the "average" taxpay(earning under 60K) pays nearly NOTHING in federal taxes, infact most even get MORE back than they paid.
Incorrect. Federal taxes include payroll taxes which are routinely used as general revenue.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:10 AM

40,048 posts, read 34,809,542 times
I can't put my finger on the reasons why, but I have this strange suspicion that the rich cause at least as many problems as they solve. That's why I love that implied threat, make us pay taxes and we'll leave. Fine--don't let the door hit you on the way out! But don't act surprised if it turns out that you didn't have it so bad in this country, taxes or not. Then, once your citizenship has been stripped, you might find it slightly more difficult to get back in. Or perhaps you'll be rejected as an undesirable.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:15 AM

89,902 posts, read 45,704,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Then, once your citizenship has been stripped, you might find it slightly more difficult to get back in.
Surely, you jest. 12+ million illegal immigrants in the U.S. prove otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies