Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 01:24 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,912,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I just don't get why people seem to think asinine KoolAid remarks are a reasonable substitute for reasoned, meaningful, intellgent discussion.
Nice way of wasting electrons and actually not contributing any ideas to this thread. Do you realize how much CO2 you've just contributed and wasted by posting this mass of words with no ideas behind it and my response by all the electricity needed to support all those clients reading this and saving your post on Citydata's server?

Oh, the irony of feigning a "reasonable for reasoned, meaningful, intellgent discussion" without actually contributing one!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 01:25 PM

646 posts, read 1,640,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
What's taking it so long?
The left has a majority.
I think you need a reality check.

They are getting it right. Crafting the best legislation they can. Good things take time. But it could be done by September end.

Are you seriously that naive to think that its not coming? We've won every single legislative battle!!! Every one of them! We are batting 1,000!

Old 08-15-2009, 01:28 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,322,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
They are getting it right. Crafting the best legislation they can. Good things take time. But it could be done by September end.
Your calling me naive?

Old 08-15-2009, 01:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,595,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
Are you seriously that naive to think that its not coming? We've won every single legislative battle!!! Every one of them! We are batting 1,000!
Like you have any competition where you could lose ?

Old 08-15-2009, 01:40 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,243,858 times
There are those who believe health care should be a right. That statement is evidence of mass insanity or cognitive dissonance.

Let me rephrase it so it makes perfect sense.
1. HEALTH CARE (someone's labor) is a RIGHT (protected by Constitution).
2. RECEIVING HEALTH CARE (someone's labor) is a RIGHT (protected by Constitution).
3. COMPELLING someone else to do or pay for my health care is a RIGHT. (uh - no, that is involuntary servitude)
4. Giving HEALTH CARE is a RIGHT (nope - unlicensed practice of medicine is a crime).
So you see that what the government says is "health care reform" is not.

If you truly want universal health care, you need to decriminalize the giving of care, decriminalize the purchase of medicine and medical machinery, expand medical training and education, and eliminate tort liability by "Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back."

But that requires a reduction in power, which the government is loathe to do.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:41 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,965,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
I just don't get the blind Obama backing of this turd of a House bill on health care. Every single progressive I've read supports a single payer health plan, such as Nader and Michael Moore. Instead, we get a vague 1000 page bill that is the worst attempt of lamely supporting insurance companies with vague language to maybe grandfather in some type of single payer?!??! Worse, it doesn't even touch one of the largest drivers of health care cost, drug costs.

I mean, come on. I hate having to deal with a third party health care insurance system, but does this mean we have to accept ANYTHING that is crapped out by Congress?

I just don't get Congress and Obama. They have the majority in the House, Senate, and the President. They can pass single payer (Medicare for all) if they want to. Pelosi could just tell Limbaugh "go f--- yourself, Americans voted for a Democrat majority, they want this". Instead, Pelosi is so worried about the health insurance system and drug companies, they can't produce a simple health care reform bill the right way the first time? We HAVE TO ACCEPT a 1000 page contorted bill which weaves and dodges when you get to keep your insurance or not? Apparently, none of the anti-single payer advocates are buying into this crappy bill anyways, so why waste the energy and do what's right?

Then there are the blind Koolaid drinking Obama loyalists who believe Obama uber alles. Why aren't these people asking the Democrats, especially Obama, "why don't we just pass a SIMPLE single payer Medicare for all, Obama? Pres. Obama and Pelosi, why are you bending backwards to appease the health insurance and drug companies instead of doing what's right?"
I would have to agree. You can't blindly follow Obama or any other democrat. You have to hold their feet to the fire. It is no coincident that the health care industry dramatically changed their campaign contributions to the democrat side in 2008. As a rule of thumb, if any of the following like the bill: Insurance companies, pharms, AMA, and Hospitals it is probably bad for the consumers. I think the Pharms are onboard for the current bill. Not a good sign. However, I do think that a viable public option -through the fed and not some private co-op- is a good first step.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:41 AM

Default Still waiting

Still waiting for a good explanation on why:

- Obama zealots still blindly support a 1000 page bill which leaves many progressives scratching their head on what happened to single payer? Pelosi and Waxman even confused Weiner on why single payer was postponed and deferred to a "later debate"? Yeah Pelosi, those health insurance companies sure must be getting your attention more than the "Republican crazies"...

- Even true progressives are not happy with the 1000 page pro-insurance/drug/laywer bill instead of a simple single payer bill. So let's get this straight, obviously pro-private care people don't like the House bill, true progressives don't like this bill. Why do the Obamabots here support it again?

- After all I've posted about the House bill being pro-insurance and drug (see my previous postings), I haven't heard anything about tort reform in this bill, have you? Please refer to the House bill on specifically what this bill will do to reform malpractice problems in health care?

Again, this House bill is not doing anything about pharma. It's not doing anything about the lawyers suing the crap out of doctors. It's not single payer. Virtually all cost drivers are not addressed in this bill (ie, left to the taxpayer to pay...) It's has 1000 pages of explaining when I get to keep my insurance vs. going with the government. Why am I supposed to get excited about this bill? Why does ANYONE want this bill?

Old 08-16-2009, 12:52 AM

Also still waiting for a good explanation on why the Democrats cannot just pass single payer even though they own the House, the Senate, and the Presidency as well as the majority of people who voted these people in who want single payer. Can't Obama / Pelosi / Reid lead or are they just going to let everyone twist in the wind and go on and on with the town hall debate mess? Why can't Obama / Pelosi / Reid grow a pair and tell Limbaugh to go f--- himself and have another Big Mac and just pass single payer already? Why are they so worried about him, if the majority of Americans voted in Democrats?

Old 08-16-2009, 01:17 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,068,624 times
I love ad hominem politics, you either agree with me or you are blind and brainwashed.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:34 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,811,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
I just don't get the blind Obama backing of this turd of a House bill on health care. Every single progressive I've read supports a single payer health plan, such as Nader and Michael Moore. Instead, we get a vague 1000 page bill that is the worst attempt of lamely supporting insurance companies with vague language to maybe grandfather in some type of single payer?!??! Worse, it doesn't even touch one of the largest drivers of health care cost, drug costs.

I mean, come on. I hate having to deal with a third party health care insurance system, but does this mean we have to accept ANYTHING that is crapped out by Congress?

I just don't get Congress and Obama. They have the majority in the House, Senate, and the President. They can pass single payer (Medicare for all) if they want to. Pelosi could just tell Limbaugh "go f--- yourself, Americans voted for a Democrat majority, they want this". Instead, Pelosi is so worried about the health insurance system and drug companies, they can't produce a simple health care reform bill the right way the first time? We HAVE TO ACCEPT a 1000 page contorted bill which weaves and dodges when you get to keep your insurance or not? Apparently, none of the anti-single payer advocates are buying into this crappy bill anyways, so why waste the energy and do what's right?

Then there are the blind Koolaid drinking Obama loyalists who believe Obama uber alles. Why aren't these people asking the Democrats, especially Obama, "why don't we just pass a SIMPLE single payer Medicare for all, Obama? Pres. Obama and Pelosi, why are you bending backwards to appease the health insurance and drug companies instead of doing what's right?"
I don't agree with you at all but I can explain why Obama and ass. bending over to appease so many people...they received so much people from the same people and made them promisses...if they back away, they know they are history and never will be voted for again, which I already doubt will happen ever again. Obama inslted too many people, lied to much and no transparancy has been taken place, actually less than ever before. Obama proved one thing...he is an empty hot air suit with no experience and learning on this job can't be done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies