Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 01:30 PM

100 posts, read 305,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
So, you would carelessly leave your gun ("concealed weapon") behind at any of the above places, or at a town hall meeting?

HUH? Why would anyone leave their gun behind anywhere.

Aren't goes guns registered to owners? I mean, if someone leaves a gun somewhere, can't you check to see if the gun is registered to a specific person?

Legally, guns are registered to owners. Now if they got the gun somewhere illegally... kind of like how 80% of guns in Mexico is from the US... har har...

Are you allowed to carry your "conceales weapon" into a BAR in the state where you live? Carrying a gun to a POLITICAL GATHERING, such as a town hall meeting, would not be any different than carrying it into a bar, IMO.

Oh oh, "Blood will run through the streets!" Depending on the state laws you may or may not be allowed to carry concealed. In Texas it is locations that have 51%+ in alcohol sales. In some states it is legal as long as you are not drinking. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that you cannot be carrying concealed at certain meeting at government functions, kind of like going to court to plead your case. Town halls...hmm not sure on that one. I don't plan to stop at any Town Hall meetings so I won't be researching on that issue.
Refer to red response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 01:31 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
And what kinds of conditions would "necessiate unholstering"? Let me guess. The person carrying the consealed weapon would have to make that judgement call, huh?
That is correct.

And it is also part of the instructions as part of the classes for the CCW permit.

Don't you have a CCW permit? If not - how come?

Old 08-10-2009, 01:50 PM

100 posts, read 305,963 times
Quote:
There, one visitor dropped a gun at the meet n' greet held in a Douglas Safeway, her staff says.
... so I go shopping, they happen to have a "meet n' greet" at the Safeway I'm going to disarm myself when it's perfectly legal for me to be at a grocery store.

Although I am dumbfounded that someone just dropped a gun... hahaha.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:51 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Gabrielle Giffords Town Hall: Gun Left Behind

Is it really that serious?
Those of you who oppose reforming health care or are against the Democratic plan, do you think it's appropriate to bring guns to town halls?

I'll explain this for the benefit of the non-second amendment folks. See, when some loony toon goes off the problem isn't that too many people have guns. The problem is that no one has a gun with which to neutralize the loony toon. I'm glad when a CCW holder carrys a gun to a public event. Calling 911 and waiting for police to arrive isn't aways an option.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:53 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,921,371 times
I don't fear guns, I fear the people carrying them....

Old 08-10-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
I don't fear guns, I fear the people carrying them....
Don't be.

And remember this - the next time you go shopping, go to get gas, go to the park etc., the person there with you - may be carrying concealed.

OBTW - the fastest growing group carrying concealed weapons are women -

Old 08-10-2009, 02:05 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,844 times
It is just a matter of time before one of these wacked out, old, ignorant GOP supporters has a fit at one of these townhall meetings because he could not get his way and starts shooting people. Some people just choose to live in the 1800's.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
It is just a matter of time before one of these wacked out, old, ignorant GOP supporters has a fit at one of these townhall meeting because he could not get his way and starts shooting people. Some people just choose to live in the 1800's.
Please keep in mind that Democrats - Liberals - carry concealed too. It does not matter your political persuasions - more and more AMERICANS are carrying concealed weapons.

So your scenario could just as easily be some whacked out, old, ignorant Democratic supporter has a fit ....

Old 08-10-2009, 02:10 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,976,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yes
This is true in Arizona unless you drink one drop of alcohol. As for me, I don't see the point.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:12 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times
I'll bet the guy in St. Louis who was beaten by the SEIU thugs wishes he had a means of personal protection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies