Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 09:08 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I hear you. But quite honestly I firmly believe that those talking about saving us from the bad insurance companies are professional liars.
Do you think insurance companies exist to provide health care for people? They exist to make a profit. And making a profit is their primary goal. These are the people who are running are medical care delivery system. That's why some people are on the outside of it -- there's no profits to be made in providing insurance coverage to some of us. And that's also why most of us are under-insured. The less they have to pay out, the more they can get people to pay in, the better for them

Not only am I not a professional liar, I'm not a liar at all.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:31 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
I haven't had time to read the whole bill -- can anyone help to point me to info regarding special needs kids? I have a toddler w/ cerebral palsy,and also after this crap from Palin,am even more curious. Have seen many kids w/ cerebral palsy being denied services & equipment by the insurance companies on my forums for parents of SN kids,am really hoping that UHC will remedy all of that. I do know that Obama announced his intention to sign the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities on July 29:

UCPeople - Journal for the UCP Community: President Obama Annouced Intention to Sign UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities

Old 08-07-2009, 09:36 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin
has laid pretty low since resigning.

But on her Facebook page, Palin
suggested Friday that President

Obama's health care plan might kill her child.
Via Talking Points Memo:

Palin: Obama's "Death Panel" Could Kill My Down Syndrome Baby

I knew it was just a matter of time before this nutjob would chime in...
Nothing at all wrong with her bringing this up as a potential issue of concern. Better it be discussed now then after the decisions are in and the medical "losers" are identified, to pay for the cost of the proposal.

The only "nutjobs" are those who find this issue beneath them for discussion. For that, you have my sympathy, and disdain.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:42 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Nothing at all wrong with her bringing this up as a potential issue of concern. Better it be discussed now then after the decisions are in and the medical "losers" are identified, to pay for the cost of the proposal.

The only "nutjobs" are those who find this issue beneath them for discussion. For that, you have my sympathy, and disdain.
Hmmmm...why on earth would you think anyone "find(s) this issue beneath them for discussion." ? Aren't we discussiong it,right now? Why on earth would Obama sign the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (see the post above yours) if he planned on snuffing out the disabled?????

Old 08-07-2009, 09:51 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Default Hypocritical Opportunist

This wench can never complain about the media and her offspring.
What an opportunist.
Why do they even report about her?

She's the one who uses her kids as political capital.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:53 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Hmmmm...why on earth would you think anyone "find(s) this issue beneath them for discussion." ? Aren't we discussiong it,right now? Why on earth would Obama sign the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (see the post above yours) if he planned on snuffing out the disabled?????
I was referring to the dismissive comment in the OP.

Regarding Obama himself, I don't have an opinion as to how he would handle the handicapped in the health care plan. When I see a specific mention, I'll evaluate it. However, cost control will be a major concern in any approved plan, so I can see some form of establishing "value" concerning who gets what level of care.

Happens today in medicaid all of the time. In California, they just pulled any dental exams for handicapped adults, and eye exams too. Also, they no longer will get a comprehensive periodic physical exam, so why couldn't this also apply to a national program?

Old 08-07-2009, 09:57 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
She's delusional. She goes on the offensive when people criticize her child telling how immoral and nasty they are, but she makes every opportunity to insult her opponents children at her whim and exploit her own baby to further her own agenda. Even then it's an outright lie about the bill, pretty much every news agency has debunked anything related to these ideas and fanatics till scream it to the hills.

I don't like the health care bill myself, I think it's not the answer and the current system is not the answer...it can be made better. Seeing this kind of reaction, violence, and outright lying has made me run from the GOP (and many of my family, even once hard core supporters) because it's being taken over by fanatical hypocrites.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:57 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This wench can never complain about the media and her offspring.
What an opportunist.
Why do they even report about her?

She's the one who uses her kids as political capital.
Nice.

Typical nasty rhetoric from the jealous left.

Have you ever worked for anything?

Obviously your parents didn't give you enough attention.

Sad.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:08 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin
has laid pretty low since resigning.

But on her Facebook page, Palin
suggested Friday that President

Obama's health care plan might kill her child.
Via Talking Points Memo:

Palin: Obama's "Death Panel" Could Kill My Down Syndrome Baby

I knew it was just a matter of time before this nutjob would chime in...
It makes me shudder to think of the possibility that John McCain could have been elected and then die and then leave caribou barbie in charge. Holy crap.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:10 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Nice.

Typical nasty rhetoric from the jealous left.

Have you ever worked for anything?

Obviously your parents didn't give you enough attention.

Sad.
Typical childish response from the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies