Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 07:52 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,122,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
How effing fair is it to take over a DISUSSION and NOT LET ANYONE SPEAK OR RESPOND OR DISCUSS ANYTHING LIKE ADULTS!
When the ones who are speaking dodge the questions or put forth obama's lies - they should be heckled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

86,052 posts, read 84,891,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
How effing fair is it to take over a DISUSSION and NOT LET ANYONE SPEAK OR RESPOND OR DISCUSS ANYTHING LIKE ADULTS!

Maybe if the drooling repubs could act like intelligent adults they'd be welcomed.....why should decent people have to put up with screaming mobs?????

We agree! The repub mobs are showing TYPICAL disgusting behaviour!!!
Right, so only Democrats in favor of healthcare should attend these town halls ? The rest of America should stay home ?

I thought all the democratic polls had like 90% of Americans in favor of UHC ? Guess those polls must have been a bit off.

38,805 posts, read 22,628,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I had no idea depicting someone as The Joker was racist?
Any criticism of 0bama is considered racist, didn't you get that DNC memo?

Old 08-06-2009, 07:53 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,373,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If people are violent, arrest them!

I want names and faces, not some obscure reference or third hand opinion that these are typical republicans who watch Fox and Glen Beck.

Wrong.

Beck tells everyone to make your voice heard but do it in a peaceful manner.

People should be mad, they are getting scammed and do not like it.

These people are real Americans, those on the opposite side meaning the left wing nutjobs are the real Nazi's.

Nice try but your leader Pelosi is a scumbag moron and you are following her lead.

The left is worried about these people or why would they be so into what they are doing.

You are not used to people speaking up when they get screwed, thanks to Obama we are finally seeing people speak their minds and exercise their freedom of speech.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:53 PM

11,448 posts, read 14,524,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Angry protesters screamed, yelled and banged on windows as officers hurried to guard the entrances to the facility, where U.S. Rep. Kathy Castor was trying to discuss the various health care reform proposals being debated in Congress. One photojournalist said (http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=111086&catid=8 - broken link) that a fistfight broke out inside the building, reports WTSP.

Many of the hundreds of protesters said that they had been inspired by Fox News host Glenn Beck and a conservative activist group, according to the St. Petersburg Times:

Tampa Town Hall On Health Care Reform Disrupted By Violence

Who would've thought?
I've been saying for weeks now that violence is next.

You wait and see, somebody is going to get hurt or killed soon. This is just the beginning of the domestic terror threat whipped up by the fringe right. I hold them (and their cheerleaders here) solely responsible for this.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:54 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,237,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I had no idea depicting someone as The Joker was racist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
The only racists were the ones trying to claim a Joker image was racist.

LOL! So you must AGREE with the rest of my post since you only singled out one thing to complain about...good for you guys , you may be capable of learning!!LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Too effing bad for the PUBLIC SERVANTS. They reaped what they sowed with single digit approval ratings.
Public servants...excuse me but not all the people there were public servants, they were AMERICAN CITIZENS THERE FOR DISCUSSION WHICH REPUBLICAN TERRORISTS STOPPED!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:55 PM

7,083 posts, read 12,106,782 times
It's very sad that the new debate is violence and denying free speech through sheer volume.

Everyone who condones such behavior should be ashamed.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:55 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,373,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Right, so only Democrats in favor of healthcare should attend these town halls ? The rest of America should stay home ?

I thought all the democratic polls had like 90% of Americans in favor of UHC ? Guess those polls must have been a bit off.
Yes, the left wants those people to NOT SPEAK OUT.

Pelosi is now saying 75% of Americans are in favor of this health care bill.

She must be making it up because the entire country is mad as hell and they DO NOT WANT THIS HEALTH CARE.

The left is resorting back to the Clinton style of politics of fear mongering and hate if you disagree with them.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:56 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,520,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"
""""The spectacle at the Children's Board in Ybor City sounded more like a wrestling cage match than a panel discussion on national policy, and it was just the latest example of a health care meeting disrupted by livid protesters.
The Tampa Tribune reports that some protesters carried racist caricatures of President Obama ""

The Repubs just can't get enough of embarrassing themselves!!

Boy! These GOONS are sure making the Republican Party look bad !!!

They are SO AGAINST FREE SPEECH!!!

They are SO scared that they can't stand and DISCUSS things like rational adults....What COWARDS!!

Ya, their actions really make sane people want to be on their side...LOLOLOL!!!!

Go protesters
But I guess this is ok................

Last edited by Miborn; 08-06-2009 at 11:10 PM..

Old 08-06-2009, 07:56 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,401,643 times
Yeah, these are real spontaneous and unrehearsed:

Colorado lawmakers brace for health care fight that moves to their home districts - The Denver Post

"The National Republican Congressional Committee sent talking points to candidates describing Democrats' health reform as "a massive government takeover that will drive up costs, kill 5 million American jobs, and could force millions of Americans from their current health care coverage."

Polis' staff has been fielding angry calls all week, many of them based on mass e-mails or descriptions flying around the blogs.
"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies