Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 04:13 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,406,370 times

Advertisements

Birthers are some of the most illogical, uninformed people I have listened to. Despite all the evidence going against them from the documents from both Obama and Hawaiian newspapers to the statements by almost all relevant Hawaiian governmental officials, including Republican governor Lingle, they still live in their own delusion almost flaunting their immunity to logic. All they have produced so far a birth certificate stating Obama was born in the Republic of Kenya in 1961, which is obviously forged because Kenya was a British colony in 1961 and the testimony of a relative who gave that testimony in her second language through a translator and even said that Obama was born in Hawaii a fact birthers ignore. (here is a transcript of the conversation No, Obama's grandmother didn't say he was born in Kenya - War Room - Salon.com)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 04:22 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,689,263 times
the birthers were also saying that obama's grandmother said he was born *in her village*. they were very specific about that. she said something like "barack is a son of this village" and they took it literally. now they're saying that what she said somehow confirms that he was born in a city that isn't even the closest one to that village.

and yeah, the other interview they pull out is one where she says (through a translator) that she was present at his birth in kenya and then IMMEDIATELY corrects herself very clearly. guess what part got cut out?

since i doubt many birthers will click through to that salon article, here's the full transcript of the exchange:
MCRAE: Could I ask her about his actual birthplace? I would like to see his birthplace when I come to Kenya in December. Was she present when he was born in Kenya?
OGOMBE: Yes. She says, yes, she was, she was present when Obama was born.
MCRAE: When I come in December. I would like to come by the place, the hospital, where he was born. Could you tell me where he was born? Was he born in Mombasa?
OGOMBE: No, Obama was not born in Mombasa. He was born in America.
MCRAE: Whereabouts was he born? I thought he was born in Kenya.
OGOMBE: No, he was born in America, not in Mombasa.
MCRAE: Do you know where he was born? I thought he was born in Kenya. I was going to go by and see where he was born.
OGOMBE: Hawaii. Hawaii. Sir, she says he was born in Hawaii. In the state of Hawaii, where his father was also learning, there. The state of Hawaii.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:31 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,406,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
the birthers were also saying that obama's grandmother said he was born *in her village*. they were very specific about that. she said something like "barack is a son of this village" and they took it literally. now they're saying that what she said somehow confirms that he was born in a city that isn't even the closest one to that village.

and yeah, the other interview they pull out is one where she says (through a translator) that she was present at his birth in kenya and then IMMEDIATELY corrects herself very clearly. guess what part got cut out?

since i doubt many birthers will click through to that salon article, here's the full transcript of the exchange:
MCRAE: Could I ask her about his actual birthplace? I would like to see his birthplace when I come to Kenya in December. Was she present when he was born in Kenya?
OGOMBE: Yes. She says, yes, she was, she was present when Obama was born.
MCRAE: When I come in December. I would like to come by the place, the hospital, where he was born. Could you tell me where he was born? Was he born in Mombasa?
OGOMBE: No, Obama was not born in Mombasa. He was born in America.
MCRAE: Whereabouts was he born? I thought he was born in Kenya.
OGOMBE: No, he was born in America, not in Mombasa.
MCRAE: Do you know where he was born? I thought he was born in Kenya. I was going to go by and see where he was born.
OGOMBE: Hawaii. Hawaii. Sir, she says he was born in Hawaii. In the state of Hawaii, where his father was also learning, there. The state of Hawaii.
Additionally, from what I have heard she thought McRae was asking if she was present (in Kenya) when Obama was born (in Hawaii) to which she replied yes.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:34 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,689,263 times
ah, that makes sense.

or MAYBE the reptoid hussein obama instantly materialized when he realized she was destroying his carefully crafted plot and threatened her with a particle interrupter until she changed her story. just a theory.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,913,054 times
The grandmother is actually a step-grandmother, a different wife of Obama's grandfather.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:36 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,067,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Thinking about it, the rational thinking Republicans -- the ones who dream up these crazy ideas that they feed people -- demonstrate absolutely no respect for the intelligence of what appears to be about half their party....and apparently rightfully so. I wonder if they sit around laughing and making bets on whether or not anyone will believe them when they concocted these scary stories.
I wonder some times. This kind of thing has completely driven me from ever being considered a conservative again, even though a good number of my values would be considered moderately so. I think the entire party is going to have to kick out the extremist hate mongers in order to come back and gain the majority back.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:22 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,483,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Birthers are some of the most illogical, uninformed people I have listened to.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:01 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,176,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Birthers are some of the most illogical, uninformed people I have listened to. Despite all the evidence going against them from the documents from both Obama and Hawaiian newspapers to the statements by almost all relevant Hawaiian governmental officials, including Republican governor Lingle, they still live in their own delusion almost flaunting their immunity to logic. All they have produced so far a birth certificate stating Obama was born in the Republic of Kenya in 1961, which is obviously forged because Kenya was a British colony in 1961 and the testimony of a relative who gave that testimony in her second language through a translator and even said that Obama was born in Hawaii a fact birthers ignore. (here is a transcript of the conversation No, Obama's grandmother didn't say he was born in Kenya - War Room - Salon.com)
There can only be 4 answers to their hysteria:

A. They're stupid.

B. They're Racists

C. They want Joe Biden to be president.

D. All of the above.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:04 PM

4 posts, read 5,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
No responses....interesting....

Come on birthers, I want to hear something.
They're waiting for their orders from Rush and Beck before they make their next move.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:26 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,426,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
No responses....interesting....

Come on birthers, I want to hear something.

Didn't you just say this?

Quote:
I don't want to hear any more discussion about where Obama was born. He was born in Hawaii. Period. It's settled. MOVE ON!

For what its worth I agree with you, both that I'm tired of hearing it & that he was born in Hawaii. Just found it amusing that you complained that you didn't want to hear it & then complained when you got what you wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies