Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 11:15 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,631,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
It's ok..just take your medication..you'll be fine..don;t worry..everything is wonderful..
Aren't you clever? So instead of answering the question you belittle me. Why can't you answer the simple question? Do you not have an answer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 11:18 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,874,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
You can't blame a trained dog for the attack. Blame the handlers.
Good point, although I included them in my statements. I have always believed that a well-educated and fairly treated populace would not be subject to terrorism. People who have a good life are not going to destroy it. Terrorism comes from fear and fanaticism, and a blind obediance to superiors. Truly free people would be properly informed and stop terrorism before it can escalate.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:18 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,609,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Aren't you clever? So instead of answering the question you belittle me. Why can't you answer the simple question? Do you not have an answer?
Ask an intellegent question and I will be happy to answer it if I can...

Old 07-29-2009, 11:19 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,773,891 times
Posts #16 and 17 illustrate my point perfectly....Look in the mirror, then come to C-D and do some reading. Somewhere, someone, will almost certainly be willing to classify YOU as a terrorist.....where is the line drawn, once this mentality takes hold?

Old 07-29-2009, 11:21 AM

61,254 posts, read 87,876,787 times
dont think so. more like mercenary wanabees. this happened with the p stone gang in chicago--- tried to make deals with kadafi to blow up planes.
the grave danger is our internal security system--- 100% focused on people with towels on their head, utterly unprepared for subcontracting. lots of people here willing to sell out america, they are not in fact all in DC. france provides a great model for internal security but of course we forget they were a good ally and started name calling the lady in the NYC harbor (a gift from france) long ago.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:24 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,631,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I had a friend that was doing remodeling work at a house of some middleast people . The doctor husband was gone when 9-11 happened . They heard screaming and went in to see the wife and kids jumping for joy and clapping watching the TV. He left and never came back forgetting the cost of work they had done.He said he had never witnessed anyhting like it in his life.
Here's the post you responded to....
Quote:
Nail hits head...
Here's your response.....

Quote:
Ask an intellegent question and I will be happy to answer it if I can...
My intelligent question was, what do you mean by nail hits head? Is that a difficult question for you to answer?

Old 07-29-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Posts #16 and 17 illustrate my point perfectly....Look in the mirror, then come to C-D and do some reading. Somewhere, someone, will almost certainly be willing to classify YOU as a terrorist.....where is the line drawn, once this mentality takes hold?
I don;t think by any stretch of the imagination that anyone in their right mind, or at least not presently on LSD could possibly mistake me for a terrorist..and if the FBI comes swooping in my window guns drawn..I have nothing to hide..so therefore, nothing to fear. I can't live my life worrying about that stuff. In the meantime..I expect the US Govt to do whatever it takes to protect me. That is what I am paying for...

Old 07-29-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Here's the post you responded to....

Here's your response.....

My intelligent question was, what do you mean by nail hits head? Is that a difficult question for you to answer?
Short version of "hitting the nail on the head" no pun intended on this guy having a drywall business

Old 07-29-2009, 11:30 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,874,362 times
Quote:
I don;t think by any stretch of the imagination that anyone in their right mind, or at least not presently on LSD could possibly mistake me for a terrorist..and if the FBI comes swooping in my window guns drawn..I have nothing to hide..so therefore, nothing to fear. I can't live my life worrying about that stuff. In the meantime..I expect the US Govt to do whatever it takes to protect me. That is what I am paying for...
So when they kill you by "accident" because they feel like it or thought you had a gun it is what you pay for. In my case I would rather have the right to blow away anyone breaking in my home whether or not they are true criminals, terrorists or the Government goons in the wrong place. I do not fear the illegal terrorists I fear those under protection of "law". Violent attacks are terrorism no matter who actually initiates them.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
So when they kill you by "accident" because you are unable to defend yourself from attack it is what you pay for. In my case I would rather have the right to blow away anyone breaking in my home whether or not they are true criminals, terrorists of the Government goons in the wrong place. I do not fear the illegal terrorists I fear those under protection of "law". Violent attacks are terrorism no matter who actually initiates them.
Therapy anyone???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies