Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:49 AM

24,813 posts, read 24,534,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
How does a substance with 256 known carcinogens fit in with "free" health-care?
Only if smoked. you can make butter out of it, which in turn you can cook with, which makes delicious cookies, cakes, and muffins.

The only problem with that form of usage, it generally requires more to get the same effects as smoking. Since its illegal, generally people will use the cheapest method possible. If it is legalized, it would be easier to have safer forms of usage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 09:53 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,295,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
I think when you are talking about hard drugs, kids or anyone else do not move on, they are hooked the first time they try.

Bwahahahaha, do you honestly believe that?

Old 07-29-2009, 10:19 AM

29,920 posts, read 39,648,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Only if smoked. you can make butter out of it, which in turn you can cook with, which makes delicious cookies, cakes, and muffins.

The only problem with that form of usage, it generally requires more to get the same effects as smoking. Since its illegal, generally people will use the cheapest method possible. If it is legalized, it would be easier to have safer forms of usage.
Notice the "when did it become okay to make fun of fat people" thread. The same people cussing obese people are usually the same ones advocating the use of a drug that increases, dramatically, a persons appetite. Eating THC laced food only exacerbates the problem. Tell me your brownies cakes and muffins didn't increase your appetite. That disregards the fact that you're already eating foods that, to some, are considered unhealthy.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Bwahahahaha, do you honestly believe that?
people that are likely to try hard drugs are mostly considered to have addictive personalities in the first place. Many studies, especially ones on crystal-meth, show a very high rate of first time usage addiction.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
people that are likely to try hard drugs are mostly considered to have addictive personalities in the first place. Many studies, especially ones on crystal-meth, show a very high rate of first time usage addiction.
Many studies, showing a high rate is not the same as hooked the first time they try.

There are a lot of assumptions in your post.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:33 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,773,031 times
Quote:
Notice the "when did it become okay to make fun of fat people" thread. The same people cussing obese people are usually the same ones advocating the use of a drug that increases, dramatically, a persons appetite. Eating THC laced food only exacerbates the problem. Tell me your brownies cakes and muffins didn't increase your appetite. That disregards the fact that you're already eating foods that, to some, are considered unhealthy.
My boyfriend smokes and it stifles his appetite. I've know people who crave sweets, salts, and some pretty random stuff when smoking, and I also know people whose appetites go away, and people who don't change at all.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Many studies, showing a high rate is not the same as hooked the first time they try.

There are a lot of assumptions in your post.
Quote:
The first time a person uses crystal meth his or her brain is immediately altered. Technically, slight brain damage occurs the first time, because it changes the brain’s ability to create and send chemicals like dopamine which give a person a sense of satisfaction and wellness. The first time a person uses crystal meth, he experiences a rush and strong sense of euphoria that it will be physically impossible for him to feel again because of this damage. Often, crystal meth addiction results from the person trying to recreate that rush, but more likely it’s because the person needs the meth to feel joy and satisfaction to a measurable degree.
Crystal Meth Addiction

I'm not saying pot is addictive by any means, I think the point of this thread. But there is plenty of proof that certain drugs alter the brain the very first time they use it. That's is the definition of addiction. I make no assumptions or use any false pretenses, just studies and findings that are easily found, unless you don't want to of course.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My boyfriend smokes and it stifles his appetite. I've know people who crave sweets, salts, and some pretty random stuff when smoking, and I also know people whose appetites go away, and people who don't change at all.
You sure it's not because it made him to lazy to make food?

Old 07-29-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Crystal Meth Addiction

I'm not saying pot is addictive by any means, I think the point of this thread. But there is plenty of proof that certain drugs alter the brain the very first time they use it. That's is the definition of addiction. I make no assumptions or use any false pretenses, just studies and findings that are easily found, unless you don't want to of course.
No, it isn't the definition of addiction, check Webster. Breathing air alters the brain, eating food alters the brain, the sun setting alters the brain, reading alters the brain, watching tv alters the brain. I was merely pointing out the the original statement IS false, not everyone is addicted from one use, you seem to think one time smoking meth, or using coke or opiates is equal to being an addict, by your reasoning everyone who has had a cup of coffee is an addict, everyone who has had pain killers from the doctor is an addict.

I ask you to show some studies that have proven single use=addict.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:52 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,420,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
I think when you are talking about hard drugs, kids or anyone else do not move on, they are hooked the first time they try.
That's patently bullshize.
Got some stats, probably not, because it's a load.

Quote:
Then why aren't all pot smokers fat?
Duh.

Quote:
Again, how about some stats?
Personally, I tried everything else before I smoked pot because, hey, pot leads to harder stuff.

And what percentage of the population are pre-disposed? And would it matter if it were alcohol, drugs, video games, etc?
How about linking to some of those "many" studies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies