Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 05:39 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,841,103 times

Advertisements

https://secure.conservativedonations...macare/?a=2743

Can we stop Congress from forcing this down our throats, even though the GOP is in the minority?
http://news.dienerconsultants.com/cimages/13c2ee46677b992ac0a91dbfc5fc7136/bluedog.gif (broken link)
YES -- thanks to "blue dog Democrats," who are more conservative than their "leaders" like Pelosi and Reid. Already, they've been holding up the bill in committee; now, they're saying that Pelosi might not have the votes she needs in the House! And on the Senate side, thanks to the overwhelming opposition of the American people to this bill, Sen. Max Baucus (D-MT), chair of the Senate Finance Committee, was overheard jokingly telling House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Maryland, "let me tell you, praying might be helpful here."

We CAM do this! In 1993, First Lady Hillary Clinton tried to force a less radical form of socialized health care down our throats, thinking that they could do it since the Democrats controlled Congress AND the White House.

What was the result? 1994, and the Republican Revolution. The liberal Democrats are "shooting themselves in the foot" again by trying to pass even more radical socialized health care this time -- but we CAN stop them!
TELL CONGRESS TO REJECT SOCIALIZED HEALTH CARE -- BETTER KNOWN AS "OBAMACARE

[CENTER][CENTER]^^^^SINCE FOX SPEAKS ABOUT CONSERVATISM MOST OF THE TIME OVER REPUBLICANS OVERALL WHY DONT THEY BOTHER WITH CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRATS?

WHY HAVE CONSERVTAIVE DEMOCRATS BEEN HIDING
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 05:40 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,487,832 times
You're not going to stop anything. We'll have a new health care option for the millions of Americans who are in need. You know, Country First and all that.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
You're not going to stop anything. We'll have a new health care option for the millions of Americans who are in need. You know, Country First and all that.
im not a conservative-democrat, but rather an independent-democrat i thought it was interesting because you barely hear anything about right winged democrats only left and moderates. fox barely talks about right winged democrats or aknowledge them

Old 07-23-2009, 05:44 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,480,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
im not a conservative-democrat, but rather an independent-democrat i thought it was interesting because you barely hear anything about right winged democrats only left and moderates. fox barely talks about right winged democrats or aknowledge them
That's because they don't want to go beyond "Democrats bad, Republicans good".

Old 07-23-2009, 05:47 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,487,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
That's because all they want to do is paint the Democrats at some sort of evil boogie man who is coming to take away freedom. You'll see the result of that type of mantra here on this forum.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:09 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,801,859 times
BTW, regarding your title: There are no conservative Democrats. Some Dems are more liberal (leftist) than others, is all.

Show me a Democrat who wants govt to shrink down to the Constitution's stated limits, privatize Social Security and Medicare (or devolve them to the states), drop Obama's health care "reform" like the hot potato it is, get the Fed out of the business of regulating the environment, Welfare, and several other such things, and I'll show you a conservative Democrat.

I'm not holding my breath.

P.S. There aren't too many conservative Republicans any more, either. See the above.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:19 PM

763 posts, read 1,300,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
For the whole 5 to 8 million? We already know they lied about the number of uninsured without any choice because they want to use fear and hate tactics to shove a bill down America's throats

Old 07-23-2009, 07:07 PM

24,449 posts, read 23,135,379 times
Blue dog democrats are the only REAL democrats left and the best we have left to represent us. These are the people who should be leading the DNC and the country, not self serving extremist whackos who have hijacked the party.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
BTW, regarding your title: There are no conservative Democrats. Some Dems are more liberal (leftist) than others, is all.

Show me a Democrat who wants govt to shrink down to the Constitution's stated limits, privatize Social Security and Medicare (or devolve them to the states), drop Obama's health care "reform" like the hot potato it is, get the Fed out of the business of regulating the environment, Welfare, and several other such things, and I'll show you a conservative Democrat.

I'm not holding my breath.

P.S. There aren't too many conservative Republicans any more, either. See the above.

i never said there were many just as there arent many or anymore liberal-republicans which whom are hiding under the moderate wing. bottom line conservative democrats still exist hell they were the ones who created white citizens council aka council of conservative citizens

Old 07-25-2009, 09:39 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,072,385 times
No one wants to deal with it because it's easier to have two parties, the one you belong to as good and the one you don't like as evil. Some people can't comprehend that the world is not 2 extremes, but a wide range of different ideas and decisions that evolve over time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies