Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 09:42 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,869,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Has it ever occured to you that it is not so much as trying to get someone's vote as it is to keep a country one might want to live in. Why court someone who it totally out of touch with decent morals and rightful living? I don't want my hard earned money to be paying to murder babies and she is certainly for that. We don't need the likes of her, no matter what race she is. Justice is supposed to be blind to things like that and she isn't. If Democrats vote her in they are doing it with the full knowledge of her prejudices. The downfall of the United States will be their fault.
Funny how it's never racial or prejudice...it's just that every minority seems to be out of touch with conservatives, from Sotomayor, Obama, to Steele.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 10:15 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,739,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Funny how it's never racial or prejudice...it's just that every minority seems to be out of touch with conservatives, from Sotomayor, Obama, to Steele.
I know how Sotomayor and Obama stand on abortion. How does Steele feel about it? What does that have to do with race? A lot of white people love murdering babies too. I agree that there are a lot of other races that are prejudiced against the white population, expecially the white male.

I just noticed you are from New York. LOL I am right on the money!

Old 07-14-2009, 10:48 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,869,440 times
Quote:
I know how Sotomayor and Obama stand on abortion. How does Steele feel about it? What does that have to do with race? A lot of white people love murdering babies too. I agree that there are a lot of other races that are prejudiced against the white population, expecially the white male.

I just noticed you are from New York. LOL I am right on the money!
Just a coincidence I guess. Your argument seems to be that minorities are too liberal for conservatives. I guess cause I'm from NY that means me as well. Would you be offended if I pegged all of you southern country people with a broad brush? Probably not because you sound like you're from the exact mold. Next election cycle when minorities overwhelmingly vote against your conservative candidate of choice, you should reflect on Sotomayors demonization and mis characterization, and then examine how Obama was painted. See Sotomayor is part of la raza and Obama is an angry black man (rev. wright). When the right stops it's pandering to the base with its racism (that you guys seem to deny) then perhaps they will understand and then start to compete for the minority vote. As long as those such as yourself fall so easily for their lies I don't see that hapening anytime soon.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:49 AM

37,603 posts, read 19,490,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Actually, I meant both. But Graham did say that McCain lost and elections have consequences. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually ends up voting for her. But he isn't married????? Has he ever been married? I know he is in the Air Force, I know he loves McCain, and I know he is from S. Carolina. That is about all I knew about him. Not married huh? How old is he? Hmmm.
The last time Lindsay Graham ran for office his website proclaimed him to be a proud veteran of Desert Storm.

That was before someone noted that the closest Graham had ever gotten to the Mideast was Mideast Charleston, S.C., where he spent that time period in the Adjutant General's office.

Take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:50 AM

Quote:
I don't know anything about Graham's personal life, but he is an excellent person to be questioning the prospective supreme court candidate. I think we can all pretty well see where she is coming from and it is the normal warped New York influenced mind. Certainly not what I would choose to have on the supreme court. It probably won't matter because the Democrats have the votes and they don't care about having a normal person on the court. That is what is wrong with America today. Too many warped minds running the country which tells me there are too many warped minds voting them in. Sad situation.
That is called a "majority".

You're either with us or against us.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Has it ever occured to you that it is not so much as trying to get someone's vote as it is to keep a country one might want to live in. Why court someone who it totally out of touch with decent morals and rightful living? I don't want my hard earned money to be paying to murder babies and she is certainly for that. We don't need the likes of her, no matter what race she is. Justice is supposed to be blind to race and she isn't. If Democrats vote her in they are doing it with the full knowledge of her prejudices. The downfall of the United States will be their fault.
I don't want MY hard earned money to be paying to murder Iraqis.

I guess you can't always get what you want, huh?

Old 07-15-2009, 04:23 AM

763 posts, read 1,303,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I don't want MY hard earned money to be paying to murder Iraqis.

I guess you can't always get what you want, huh?
But you don't mind that your hard earned money is currently going toward the murdering of Afghans, soldiers AND babies under Obama

Old 07-15-2009, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
But you don't mind that your hard earned money is currently going toward the murdering of Afghans, soldiers AND babies under Obama
Define your terms.

What do you consider murder?

Abortion is not. Neither are most war casualties. You pay taxes regardless, and it doesn't matter what you think.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:38 AM

42,732 posts, read 30,025,827 times
Quote:
Has it ever occured to you that it is not so much as trying to get someone's vote as it is to keep a country one might want to live in. Why court someone who it totally out of touch with decent morals and rightful living? I don't want my hard earned money to be paying to murder babies and she is certainly for that. We don't need the likes of her, no matter what race she is. Justice is supposed to be blind to race and she isn't. If Democrats vote her in they are doing it with the full knowledge of her prejudices. The downfall of the United States will be their fault.
Actually, there is NO evidence that she is pro-choice. The fact that she said she would respect previous court rulings and precedent are not evidence of her personal views on abortion. She is a practicing Catholic so she has surely considered abortion rights in the context of her religion. She has NEVER aired her personal feelings on the issue, so in terms of this confirmation her stance on this issue is unknown.

As for judgments with regards to race. Her rulings on immigration cases would probably be the best indicators. And she has ruled in accordance with CONSERVATIVE positions over 80% of the time on these cases. And when hearing appeals on immigration cases over 90% of her decisions have fallen into the CONSERVATIVE side.

If you consider her actual opinions and judicial rulings, you would see that she is probably more conservative than Souter, whom she will be replacing. But if you want to take the Rush Limbaugh approach, and judge her solely based on her ethnicity and gender, then you might argue that she would be more liberal. That would be a discriminatory approach, based on prejudices and stereotypes rather than actually studying her record, but it seems like an approach that some people actually prefer.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:27 PM

38,760 posts, read 22,576,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Jeff Sessions, the Alabama Republican who took over the post from Pennsylvania Republican-turned-Democrat Arlen Specter, is under intense pressure to land blows on Sotomayor without offending Hispanic voters. It's a tough task, made all the more difficult by Sessions' history of racially insensitive positions and statements.

Sessions Becomes The Subject Of Sotomayor Hearings
What would these "racially insensitive positions and statements" be? Did Sessions claim that simply by virtue of his gender, his race, and his rich life experiences, that his conclusions were always better then any Hispanics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies