Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 02:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
(Try this little thought experiment. Everyone works for free. How many jobs do we end up with?)
Another pathetic attempt to divert from reality.

No one said work for free, if your stupid enough to work for free because you value your skills that low, your hired to move rocks around my yard and you can cut my grass by hand. (I'll even buy the scissors for you)

It must suck to value your skills at such low wages that you'd be willing to work for free..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Hint #2: Macroeconomics. Learn the meaning of that word. You seem to be stuck on micro. (LOL! What a name for a band: Stuck On Micro.)
Um, these are ALL Macroeconomic issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Henry Ford advised paying highest wages possible so that he can sell his products to his own employees to use them as advertising for others to buy a NEW product, at a time when there was no competition and he didnt have to be concerned about importing competitor cars from other countries which had lower wages, computeriziation of factories, internet companies with lower overhead, minimum wage laws, governmental regulations on safety of automobiles, stock holders, bankers, taxes etc,

Old 07-03-2009, 02:07 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,535,087 times
Quote:
Another pathetic attempt to divert from reality.

No one said work for free, if your stupid enough to work for free because you value your skills that low, your hired to move rocks around my yard and you can cut my grass by hand. (I'll even buy the scissors for you)

It must suck to value your skills at such low wages that you'd be willing to work for free..
The only one diverting is you...from answering the question. What's the matter? Realize the errors in your theoretical claims?

Old 07-03-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
The only one diverting is you...from answering the question. What's the matter? Realize the errors in your theoretical claims?
Is this your way of saying your not accepting the job to landscape my yard for free... I'm shocked, truly shocked

Old 07-03-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Um, these are ALL Macroeconomic issues

And yet, they have absolutely nothing to do with the minimum wage. Imagine that.

I'm still waiting for your explanation as to how price goes down with full employment. Have you even read an economics text? An article?

More hints: As an economy gets closer to full employment, the price for labor increases.

Especially in a consumer based economy, the higher the cost of labor, the greater the aggregate demand, the higher the cost of living.

Special hint (in caps, for effect): THIS IS SOUND MARKET ECONOMICS, PROVED OVER AND OVER WITH CENTURIES OF OBSERVATION, AND NONE OF IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE MINIMUM WAGE.

Extra special hint: Taking half my wages to hire someone to do "menial" tasks creates no wealth whatsoever. It simply gives the other guy something to do.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Is this your way of saying your not accepting the job to landscape my yard for free... I'm shocked, truly shocked
Running out of steam? Poor baby.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Um, decreased wages result in deflation, not increased employment
That's not what Bachmann claims. That's not what you wrote.

Do you know the meaning of "aggregate?" Just curious.

Quote:
You obviously fail to understand that the labor market is indeed tied to wages
I said minimum wage, not wages. Pay attention.
Quote:
because at some point individuals will simply hire more people to do their day to day tasks, which of course increase demand for higher wages.
Huh? This makes no sense whatsoever. Are you saying there is a point where I will hire two gardeners to mow my lawn rather than one? Why would I do such a nonsensical thing?

Quote:
Again, if wages were low enough I'd simply higher people to do my cooking, driving, cleaning, landscaping etc... Its a fact
Aggregate. Concentrate on that word. Ag...gre...gate. Good. Now try this one: Mac...ro. Good! Try it again: Macro. Very good!! You get a gold star.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Running out of steam? Poor baby.
Is that the best response you could come up with to dispute your own statement that you'd be willing to work for free, and then when offered a job, you turned it down. BINGO, you made my point, people wont work for free.. The rest of your babbble will have to wait till I return from playing catch with my son.. Which btw, I am willing to allow you also to do for free... We'll be in the back yard, waiting for your arrival...

Old 07-03-2009, 05:18 PM

26,231 posts, read 49,100,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
She is a bona fide nut job. What I find troubling and yet terribly amusing is that there are people that actually voted for her.
Sad but true that single-issue anti-abortion voters will put any POS into office.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:29 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,348,575 times
Bachmann: No Government Control Over My Body! | TPMDC
Quote:
"That's why people need to continue to go to the town halls, continue to melt the phone lines of their liberal members of Congress," said Bachmann, "and let them know, under no certain circumstances will I give the government control over my body and my health care decisions."

Except in the case of abortion. This woman is out of her mind! What a hypocrite

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies