Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2007, 11:19 PM

71 posts, read 293,344 times

Advertisements

"Piece by piece, Gov. Rick Perry’s homeland security office is gathering massive amounts of information about Texas residents and merging it to create the most exhaustive centralized database in state history."

by Jake Bernstein

Read more on this @ http://www.texasobserver.org/article.php?aid=2472

what are your thoughts on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2007, 01:17 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,815,690 times
Look at the whole country. Talk about government waste, it's everywhere!!Talk about government control, it's everywhere!! Money that should be spent on health care, education, etc. is being pocketed by the upper crust in power.

Ask any high school kid about Communism and most will not even know what you're talking about. Our government will let ANYONE come into this country and don't think for a moment they don't, and the stupid middle class taxpaying Joe foots the bill. If the government so decides it's for the good of all to run a road through your property, allow electric companies to errect a substation on your property, allow a millioniare to build a footbll stadium on your property, and the list goes on, you had just better go along with it, because if you don't, the government condemns your property and takes it anyway. None of us ever actually own property, we just pay the government rent in order to live on it and they call it property tax rather than rent. It's better for the government that way, the taxpayer has a lot of money invested into the ecomony and furthermore they have the pleasure of all the upkeep and it keeps them thinking they really own the property.

The government lets more people into this country that have ways of just flat out disappearing into our society, yet they manage to keep track of all of us regular people whose ancestors go back generations and who were the founders of this country. Go figure.

Our government worries over human rights in some third world country whose name you cannot even pronounce, yet it allows known sex offenders to roam the countryside and move right next door to you if they want, because by God, they have rights too!! We have little children abucted, raped, tortured, and yet we are worried about the rest of the world. Isn't that just a little like letting you own family starve, letting someone come in and rape, kill or whatever else they might want to do to them, let them die from illness because you can't afford the medication, doctor, etc., because you gave all your money to your next door neighbor so he could take his child or aging parent to the doctor, he could afford protection for his family so they could be safe? I, myself, am simply amazed at just what all we have allowed to take place in our country!

People say, if you don't like it, vote! I say, vote for whom or what? I think that's a rigged deal too. Anyone else out there who knows when a town wants to pass a school bond, for instance, and everybody in the town votes against it, yet it passes????? Again, go figure!! Yet, we the land of the free.

I thought I would jot down a few of my thoughts while we are still free enough to be able to say things like this. Who knows, how much longer we will have this right. And you can bet your sweet *** if the government decides to take away our freedom of speech, they WILL DO IT and you will not be able to do a thing about it, short of a revolution and how many of your friends and relatives do you know who would particate in such a thing? We'll just think, well it's not too bad, and things could be worse.

While I'm on my soapbox, let me ask you why we allows gangs to exist in this country? Why do the police know who they are, keep an eye on them, yet wait until they kill someone, etc. to arrest one of them? Millions of stupid laws on the books, why not make it against the law for these gangs to exist. I remember years ago, we went and saw the movie Colors and I said, well, that will never happened in Texas! Of course, we all thought everyone in California was a little crazy, etc. and that's where all the weird stuff went on. My husband said oh yes it will, wait and see. I argued on and on, no way, not here!! Huh, just look around today! It's is still just incredible to me things that are happening!! Just look at illegal drugs and all the problems associated with them. Yet our great government can't stop it? Huh! Look at the revenue this generates! So what if some hoodlum breaks into your grandpaents home and kills them and makes off with hardly enough money to buy enough dope to get high on, this dope business has far reaching avenues of revenue for the government.

Why are we graduating kids from high school who can not even make change? When you take your sixteen year daughter who is a junior in high school to the store and they are having a 25% off sale and she picks out a $25.00 article of clothing and has to asks you how much it would cost, am the only one who finds this distrubing? Yet our government cannot provide adquate education because?????, well this list could stretch to China! Speaking of China, that probably who owns this country!!

Well this could go on and on, but I am going to stop now, but in closing, I do want to say, there is is plenty good about this country!! We are the greatest country in the world, I believe, we just need to get back on the ball and be alert and aware in order to keep it this way!! God bless America and let's keep her strong! God bless Texas and let's keep her the greatest state there is! Let's run it the way it should be run and if outsiders don't like the way we do things here, all I can say is...go somewhere else!!

We need to say to heck with political correctness, to heck with trying to save the world, decide America is a country, it is America and we are Americans, and there will no longer be open borders!! and we need to tend to our own country and let others tend to their own country. Along the lines of what I mentioned earlier, telling another country how to treat it's citizens is no different than going over to your next door neighbor's and telling them how to raise his kids. Well, I understand nothing is quite this simple, there are circumstances and morals do come into play, but we need to realize we cannot make everything right. I still say clean your own act up before you start trying to clean up your neighbor's act! As far as Texas and the US spying on all it's citizens, use those resources to root out all the people who are not citizens and send them packing (and in the meantime, quit letting them in as fast as they can get here) and this in itself will eliminate a lot of problems! All of this applies to states and well as countries. I think America should quit trying to run every other country on the face of the earth.

I think if you move to Texas from Iowa, Ohio, etc. (examples), you need to adopt the ways of the land here, not try to change things to how it was back home in Iowa, etc. or wherever it is you come from. I have lived my entire life in Texas because I love it, it is my home, but if circumstances caused me to move to another state, I would bite my tongue off before I would barge in on them and say...Well, in Texas we do it this way. Attention!! THEY DON'T CARE AND NEITHER DO WE!!!

Let's clean up our own act and we won't find it necessary to go around spying on people. I realize this is random and I apologize for rambling on and on, but if I take time to try and rationalize it, I won't ever send it, so here goes!

Old 04-14-2007, 01:51 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,220,401 times
What else is new? the government has been doing this for years Just wait it'll get worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies