Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 12:38 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,623,751 times

Advertisements

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea says it will restart its uranium enrichment program and "weaponize" all the plutonium in its possession.

The warning from North Korea's Foreign Ministry was carried by the official Korean Central News Agency on Saturday.

N. Korea Threatens Military Action if U.S. Imposes Blockade - North Korea | Map | Government - FOXNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 01:03 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,291,292 times
Wow! Until I came across your thread, I was worried that no one felt the news out of the Korean peninsula to be worrisome.

Gosh darn it is.

In a perfect world, Japan would take a page out of the Israeli playbook and obliterate the nuclear facilities with a combination of surgical strikes, a GBU-43/B (MOAB) or ten, and numerous cluster bombs around the site(s) so that this program is effectively defunct for several years.

More impressive would be if China did so. They should since NK is pushing CHina into an extremely uncomfortable position.

Best of all would be a joint CHinese & Japanese strike and a pledged support along with the US of South Korea not only to dismantle Norht Korea but to put all the Kim family on trial for crimes against humanity and a grusome execution.

Perhaps only then with North Korea give up its lunacy and free its people from their enslavement to madness.

S.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:07 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,476,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpointian View Post
Wow! Until I came across your thread, I was worried that no one felt the news out of the Korean peninsula to be worrisome.

Gosh darn it is.

In a perfect world, Japan would take a page out of the Israeli playbook and obliterate the nuclear facilities with a combination of surgical strikes, a GBU-43/B (MOAB) or ten, and numerous cluster bombs around the site(s) so that this program is effectively defunct for several years.
Japan doesn't really have a military. It has an incredibly small military that is used for self defense only, they are bound by their constitution for the time being.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:23 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,291,292 times
yes...hence "the perfect world" comment. However, much support can be given. Perhaps time to scrap the constitution.

If not, Japan is the likely target for DPRK nuclear weaponry for the next ten years.

China? DPRK would not dare. CHina could wipe it from the face of the earth in a carthaginian manuever.
South Korea. It would be a blow that seems impossible and would cause the downfall of the regime. The US? Too far away. DPRK missiles can barely clear Japan.

S.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:50 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,777,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea says it will restart its uranium enrichment program and "weaponize" all the plutonium in its possession.

The warning from North Korea's Foreign Ministry was carried by the official Korean Central News Agency on Saturday.

N. Korea Threatens Military Action if U.S. Imposes Blockade - North Korea | Map | Government - FOXNews.com
If they keep trying our patience they are going to get something they don't want. They think they can push Obama around. So did the pirates.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:01 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,200,015 times
I'm starting to wonder if the cheese has not slid off the cracker of Kim Jong-il. I'm beginning to seriously think he is either totally stupid or insane. Why this guy wants to continue to antagonize is beyond me, but if he keeps poking the wasp nest, it is only a matter of time before he is stung.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:08 PM

914 posts, read 4,446,556 times
Well, I think Kim Jong-Il has always been insane, but it may have something to do with his failing health. Perhaps he wants to make his mark on their world before he dies? That is a very scary thought!

Old 06-13-2009, 03:10 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,200,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillaceae View Post
Well, I think Kim Jong-Il has always been insane, but it may have something to do with his failing health. Perhaps he wants to make his mark on their world before he dies? That is a very scary thought!
That may have a lot to do with it and the notion of going out in a bang is a starkly chilling thought.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:27 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,619,609 times
Or it may be that he actually thinks he's going to incite a war with the United States and come out on top. Which, come to think of it, only serves to make an even better case for his being insane.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:56 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,293,627 times
I keep hearing that there is some kind of power play going on, where KJI wants his some to take over when he dies so he is trying to set him up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies