Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:45 PM

68,379 posts, read 54,631,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
yep, i agree, but i dont measure you by the times we disagree, i dont think negatively of our disagreements, those are you opinions and i respect them, dont have to agree

Hey! We agree again I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way, I see nothing wrong with disagreeing. I'd much rather see people with opinions than those who just don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
That's true, but he has a cult following. Who are you talking about. Sharpton or the rappers in general?

Sharpton, I think he is no less a racist than Imus, and Imus is usually not taken too seriously.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:55 PM

500 posts, read 2,863,134 times
First of all, whatever! I had never heard of Imus until this big thing came out.

I dislike trash radio and television, but heck- a joke is a joke. Slap him once and let it go.

And then his going to Al Sharpton? Crook to crook- who is worse? Sad...

I've been reading about this Imus guy and he appears to have been making his abusive jokes for decades- against blacks, Jews, gays, women and else.

Why did nobody stop him before? Why did they let him do his racist act for thirty years and suddenly they grab one single joke and fire him? Is it revenge for all the previous unaccountability?

I'd be happy if all the shock radio people would go to hell. They do no good. But this case stinks...

Old 04-11-2007, 07:02 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,262,945 times
Now advertisers are pulling their ads- I'm glad and think that this is the way to do it- for folks to make the decision through economic means. What he said was incredibly racist and sexist. He needs to move to satellite radio, I think and hope that he's done for.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:05 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,441,094 times
I wonder if he had been black and had made those comments, if he would of been canned? I am betting no one would of said a word bout it, there would be no representives here, no one would care, or dare say anything, to me that is just plain wrong.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
Now advertisers are pulling their ads- I'm glad and think that this is the way to do it- for folks to make the decision through economic means. What he said was incredibly racist and sexist. He needs to move to satellite radio, I think and hope that he's done for.

I think it just another indication of how sadly misplaced priorities are in this country. That this is a classic case of making a mountain of a molehill. It's sad that this incident has gotten more media attention than the poor care offered combat wounded veterans or the attempted cover-up of deaths like Pat Tillman's.

I hope they publish a list of the knee-jerk advertisers pulling their ads, I will be happy to send each a letter explaining why I will avoid their products.

And apparently the Reverend doesn't believe in the concept of forgiveness, what a true man of God,

Old 04-11-2007, 07:16 PM

26,312 posts, read 49,264,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
I'm on everyone's mailing list....well, except monkey boy's. I have no idea if he even has one. ~T
Cool. You ARE on monkey boy's list...his szit list that is.

Regards! s/Mike fbe

Old 04-11-2007, 07:19 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,617,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
I wonder if he had been black and had made those comments, if he would of been canned? I am betting no one would of said a word bout it, there would be no representives here, no one would care, or dare say anything, to me that is just plain wrong.
Well, I guess we'll have to commit to attacking the next black person through the media that makes similar comments.

That's how this gets done y'know. You have to open your mouth.

I think it's time a message is sent to the powers that be, that what's good for one, is good for all. This kind of stuff only divides the ranks, and it should be stopped, or at the least exposed for its hypocrisy.

~T

Old 04-11-2007, 07:20 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,477,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
Well, I guess we'll have to commit to attacking the next black person through the media that makes similar comments.
This has nothing to do with reverse racism, what Don Imus said was racist. The man needs to lose his job. Don't act like whining white people over reverse racism, when you don't like others whining about racism.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:25 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,617,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
This has nothing to do with reverse racism, what Don Imus said was racist. The man needs to lose his job. Don't act like whining white people over reverse racism, when you don't like others whining about racism.
LOL, sorry, but you get.......

http://www.yapcity.com/images/misc/trollSpray.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies