Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 07:44 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,841,439 times

Advertisements

What should the US response be if N. Korea nuked S. Korea and the DMZ? What would Obama response be? Just suggesting the horror.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 07:52 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,883 times
That's an extremely difficult question to answer because our military is already spread too thin. Any threats would appear superficial because everyone knows that we're already involved in two wars. We would like have to pull out of Iraq to focus on North Korea. I don't believe that we should pull out of Afghanistan.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:35 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,638,098 times
A few nuclear bombs dropped on our enemy's strategic places would show them that we're to not be messed with, and give a warning to all other rogue country's that we're not going to sit back and take the crap anymore.
We need to show leadership and power again.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:43 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,974,155 times
What George Washington advocated: nothing (militarily)

I can't believe someone suggests we should show power again...

Old 05-27-2009, 08:53 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,638,098 times
Yeah, let's let them walk all over us and bow to their whims.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:57 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,974,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Yeah, let's let them walk all over us and bow to their whims.
Since we're called the US and not S. Korea, I would say that we're not bowing to them.

Wake me up when Kim Jong Il directly threatens to launch a nuke toward us and we do nothing.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:05 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,032,105 times
our new prez will call an emergency meeting of the un and they will talk and make speeches and maybe pass another resolution or two. and do nothing our prez has no you no what when it comes down to the real blank. they are testing him and he will fail. glad im not you prez took on more than you could deal with.deal with this.hope and change baby cant get enough.as the rev wright said americas chickens have come home to roost.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:27 PM

236 posts, read 387,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
A few nuclear bombs dropped on our enemy's strategic places would show them that we're to not be messed with, and give a warning to all other rogue country's that we're not going to sit back and take the crap anymore.
We need to show leadership and power again.
Sorry, your suggestion is terrible and ridiculous at the same time! But most important is that it has lost touch with reality. I hope you realize what does dropping "a few nuclear bombs" mean? There are innocent people in NK. Imagine if someone else decided to drop couple of bombs to the place where you live. Just imagine! I am sure that you didn't mean that.
And one more point - remaining the strongest state in the World USA though not the only leader. That leadership and power have gone with the Soviet Union. The World has changed. US have a national debt of more than 2 billion dollars and doesn't want to carry the burden of global problems alone.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:30 PM
pba

410 posts, read 917,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Negresco View Post
Sorry, your suggestion is terrible and ridiculous at the same time! But most important is that it has lost touch with reality. I hope you realize what does dropping "a few nuclear bombs" mean? There are innocent people in NK. Imagine if someone else decided to drop couple of bombs to the place where you live. Just imagine! I am sure that you didn't mean that.
And one more point - remaining the strongest state in the World USA though not the only leader. That leadership and power have gone with the Soviet Union. The World has changed. US have a national debt of more than 2 billion dollars and doesn't want to carry the burden of global problems alone.
Dropping a few nukes would be better than all out war. Sure beat having to invade Japan in WWII. Personally, I think war is the only thing that will bring the world's economy back into balance. Look at the 10-year period following WWII and see how the global economy just thrived.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:32 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,957,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Negresco View Post
What you don't understand is that Thousands of Americans would die if NK nuked the DMZ. The response could be nothing less than an equal response measure! I agree this is a disastrous situation - but no other response would be adequate given this scenario!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies