Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 11:29 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,251,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Dennis Miller had some great insights last night on The Factor with Bill Oreilly. His best quip: That the Miss USA contestants gets tougher questions than the President does at press conferences. And without the use of teleprompters, I might add. He also nailed Arlen Spector for good measure.
Obama doesn't use telepromters to answer questions... stop letting FOX think for you... as for the questions, he was asked every topical question that you can think of... what else should have been asked that was not asked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 11:33 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,974,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Last night's speech didn't change my feelings about the prez, but I was relieved to see that little blink of humor at the end when he said soemthing to the effect that "IF all I took on with this office was 2 wars, a global economic crisis and a swine flu pandemic, I'd take that deal." He's going to need a sense of humor to get over the next few hurdles.
Last night was not a speech, it was a press conference. I was very impressed with the way he answered the questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
Obama doesn't use telepromters to answer questions... stop letting FOX think for you... as for the questions, he was asked every topical question that you can think of... what else should have been asked that was not asked?
The same people who complain that they missed Scrubs would go ballistic if the conference went on for 2 or 3 hours! However, if it wasn't on TV, then they'd complain Obama is hiding something. If it was recorded, then they'd insist it was edited before it was shown to the public.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,885,779 times
When did you stop cheating with my wife? Asked by a gay republican bachelor.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:35 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,858,215 times
Obama is an incredibly charismatic guy, that is for sure. But so was Hitler. I want to believe that Obama doesn't want bigger government as he says, but his deeds tell a different story. I don't trust him....maybe it's because he is TOO likeable.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:36 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,035,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
Okay, I'll play. I watch Fox as much as PBS for news. Doubt that either one brainwashes me.

And, yes, I do believe that he has a few smarty pants guys listening to the questions and giving points in reply. You might want to watch him answer a few of the more difficult questions. First he starts the ah-ing and the um-ing, then looks down, then runs with the supplied answer. He does not do this everytime, but I've noticed it plenty.

Barry was certainly NOT asked every topical question that I can think of. Let's see, I'd ask him if he thinks GM will be going the bankruptcy way. And who excactly did all the TARP funds go to. Specifics.

Well, I could go on, but those 2 would be informative.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:36 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,124,764 times
While I am not in agreement with all that Obama does or says, I am intelligent to recognize the fact that dittoheads and their ilk would not have a good word to say about him if he brought world peace, fed all the hungry, and cured all diseases. What they are not intelligent enough to recognize is their lack of reasonable discourse is turning the GOP from a respectable political party into the National Enquirer of politics. It is chasing reasonable, thoughtful people who love their country more than a political party away in droves. Some of us have become Independents, some Democrats, some followers of Ron Paul. But fewer and fewer will own the Republicans as their party of choice.

And, by the way, you'd have to ask the Bush Secretary of Finance who got the TARP funds.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:38 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,954,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
ignorant rednecks
Rather be an ignorant redneck than a spineless douche.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:40 AM

38,132 posts, read 22,262,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Don't get me wrong! I have a lot of problems with big government and some of the Liberal ideas but I am starting to like this Obama guy. The whole thing about closing Guantanamo was great, really, we needed to clean our image, who wants to be known as a country of ignorant rednecks who do not find anything wrong with torturing people? I heard him talk about Chrysler this morning and although I do not agree with all of his ideas, it was probably a good idea. I am almost done with listening to Rush because he will criticize Obama no matter what he does and yesterday, he was praising Bush for God's sake!
0bama could have set new guidelines for interrogation, banned harsh interrogations, instead of releasing top secret memos which damge our national security. 0bama could have kept GITMO, at least until he had a place to put the terrorists that are "too dangerous". If knee jerk reactions and political pandering appeal to you, have at it.

I hope you are still infatuated with the guy when the economy, the war, world relations and terror attacks turn really bad in a year or so from now.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:41 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,542,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
While I am not in agreement with all that Obama does or says, I am intelligent to recognize the fact that dittoheads and their ilk would not have a good word to say about him if he brought world peace, fed all the hungry, and cured all diseases. What they are not intelligent enough to recognize is their lack of reasonable discourse is turning the GOP from a respectable political party into the National Enquirer of politics. It is chasing reasonable, thoughtful people who love their country more than a political party away in droves. Some of us have become Independents, some Democrats, some followers of Ron Paul. But fewer and fewer will own the Republicans as their party of choice.

And, by the way, you'd have to ask the Bush Secretary of Finance who got the TARP funds.
This what I am trying to say. It's just unreal with some of the people on this site. If the Republicans can give me reason to open up to them (like the small example about McCain and Jack Johnson) and keep on doing it, I will give them rep points. However, there are quite a few posters on here who fit the description of what you said in the start of your paragraph.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:42 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,168,282 times
Last night's press conference was a referendum of simpletons. His followers beat their chests' like baboons while being completely satisfied with one of the greatest "duck and dodge" shows to ever grace the (free) airwaves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies