Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2009, 04:40 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,814,781 times

Advertisements

One of my kids is in College and right now I'm not going to mention which school because this all happened over this weekend, but I want to share a positive story about how fast a school reacted all because fellow students reacted and the school did something about it.

One of the students who in the past has used LSD, had threaten over the weekend to kill all blacks since he hates them and he also stated he agreed with Hitler....On top of that the guy was stating he wished the bugs would stop itching his whole body, the voices in his head were driving him crazy, etc... He also wanted his ex girlfriend and her new boyfriend (both students at the same school), dead...and he wanted to commit suicide.

Many students had heard him saying these things and although they had prom in College this weekend every one who was there at the time was only busy with what they should do about this and they had tried to tape what he had said but they messed up and nothing was recorded. The guys sharing the same hallway were all scared and they had seen medication that this guy is using against schizophrenia, which did seem to make the situation more serious.

All staff, RA, dean's, campus secutiry..were allerted and I spoke with security myself and my kid + many friends had to give written statements and after the staff and security had spoken with this guy and noticed the students were not exaggerating at all, the guy was taken to a councelor and later taken to the ER (involuntary).
I spoke with campus security since my kid was in the labrary last night when the guy came in and the look on this guys face was very scarry and upsetting. The way this was handled is amazing and as a parent who lives far away this is the best thing the could have done, for the guy himself and for the fellow students safety.

We really hope the guy gets the help he needs and a disaster has been prevented...now we have to wait what will happen after in the upcoming days...

I thought after all the shooting I needed to share this to show that schools are not looking the other way and do what they can within the law, to keep kids safe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 05:00 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,572,659 times
Good news.

I'm sure this happens much more than the 'worst case scenarios' we hear about all the time from our 'if it bleeds it leads' media outlets.

Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies