Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 01:38 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,539,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I would say the number is around 50%. probably higher.
50% of Americans are on welfare?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 01:41 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,547,738 times
Quote:
I would say the number is around 50%. probably higher.
so there are over 270 million american, of that 140 million are on welfare. Where are you obtaining this information?

Old 04-21-2009, 01:45 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,328,601 times
Quote:
this has always confused me. you can't give a tax cut to people who don't pay taxes, but that exactly what he does. is he just afraid to call it what it is? the math is pretty simple. he says he is giving a tax cut to 95% of americans, which anyone with a 2nd grade education knows is a lie. but besides that, we don't have 95% of americans paying taxes. why is he such a mendacious idiot?
I'd say you are the mendacious idiot because EVERYONE in America pays taxes. The income tax is not the only tax (from the beginning it was never designed to be a tax on everyone) and instead for around 60% of Americans payroll taxes make up a much larger tax then the income tax.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:49 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,328,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
so there are over 270 million american, of that 140 million are on welfare. Where are you obtaining this information?
His rear end?

Old 04-21-2009, 01:53 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,103,220 times
"Millions of American families who are eligible for the EITC do not receive it, leaving billions of additional tax credit dollars unclaimed. Research by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and Internal Revenue Service indicates that between 15% and 25% of households who are entitled to the EITC do not claim their credit, or between 3.5 million and 7 million households."

Earned income tax credit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-21-2009, 02:03 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,390,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
His rear end?
Oh, you beat me to it, you rotten so and so!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 02:14 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,802,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
50% of Americans are on welfare?
100% in alaska because they get rebates and tax refunds on money they didn't actually earn. That totally blows my mind that anyone up there would wag fingers about welfare, but especially that any self respecting republican would be the architect. I mean, what are they saying?

Characterizations:
if there's a budget deficit and you're giving tax cuts= credit card spending,
when you tax to break even, that's maintaining a lifestyle and passing the debt onto the next guy.
When you over tax to pay down national debt for as long as you can safely do so until it's paid, that's a responsible government.

Here's something I don't get. Careless deregulation for 30yrs, 8 yrs of excess, 2 civil wars (3 if you consider the left/ right divisiveness in america), another war on terrorism (added to the heap of war on poverty & war on drugs), wall street smelts down the bull taking along global economies and most major industries down the vortex of monopoly $$, and now we should use subtlety in dealing with problems head on?

The alternative plan presented by the GOP was not supported by the GOP on the floor. Why doesn't that register in anyones brain as being significant?

Old 04-21-2009, 02:21 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,205,643 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, was I talking to you? you can't back up any of your claims. it's all welfare. the child tax credit, welfare. the list goes on. I am just tired of the worst president in united states history also being the most dishonest.
What claims? That you dont look up information for yourself? You continue to prove that for me.

In most if not all of your threads you lay out these obnoxious statements and then just fight, fight, fight. You dont seem to really want to know anything beyond what you already believe. I think that's the definition of a troll.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:23 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,850,290 times
and in all your posts, you get your mouth slapped by mods for your continual personal attacks. I present logic, you present moveon.org.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What claims? That you dont look up information for yourself? You continue to prove that for me.

In most if not all of your threads you lay out these obnoxious statements and then just fight, fight, fight. You dont seem to really want to know anything beyond what you already believe. I think that's the definition of a troll.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:36 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,205,643 times
Quote:
and in all your posts, you get your mouth slapped by mods for your continual personal attacks. I present logic, you present moveon.org.
You mean the one where I followed through on your "anyone with a second grade education knows..." lead? Yeah, that was pretty funny, even if it couldnt stay up.

What logic? You asked a question, no one would answer it for you, you were directed to look it up yourself and you didnt want to do that. You wont try to learn on your own, and just stay angry - judging from all your other threads and posts I suspect that's your real goal.

What moveon.org? Urging you to stand on your own two feet and not rely on others is pretty conservative IMO.

And what's with the constant slapping refrain? Disturbing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies