Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 07:03 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
What does this have anything to do with liberal or conservative ideals? I think, that by bringing race into the issue all you are doing is adding to the stereotype that people that lean to the right (such as myself) believe that people of other races are automatically assumed to be left leaning radicals, which is not true
So i guess statistics mean nothing to you. Facts are facts. I'm sorry if the truth offends liberals.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:02 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Why are you blaming this on the media? It's entirely possible that they don't know. The first link states: "Authorities have not released the names of the victim or suspect." Perhaps they didn't release the race, either.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:40 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Why are you blaming this on the media? It's entirely possible that they don't know. The first link states: "Authorities have not released the names of the victim or suspect." Perhaps they didn't release the race, either.

Why am I blaming this on the media? Do you think this is an isolated incident? Its been going on for years.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Why am I blaming this on the media? Do you think this is an isolated incident? Its been going on for years.
So, in other words, you haven't a clue. I figured as much.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:48 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Here in my part of the world, we always hear the race of the perpetrators. Why wouldn't we, especially if they're still on the loose? Am I supposed to look for a red Japanese vehicle with four tires and a windshield, or am I supposed to look for a Red Honda Accord with chrome wheels and tinted windows?

You politically correct junkies deserve what you get. Hopefully it won't be the wrath of an unnamed race the next time you're at White Castle.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Here in my part of the world, we always hear the race of the perpetrators. Why wouldn't we, especially if they're still on the loose? Am I supposed to look for a red Japanese vehicle with four tires and a windshield, or am I supposed to look for a Red Honda Accord with chrome wheels and tinted windows?

You politically correct junkies deserve what you get. Hopefully it won't be the wrath of an unnamed race the next time you're at White Castle.
From the second link: "Police have not yet released a description of the suspects."

It appears the OP's gripe is with police officials, not the media. Nice try, though.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:59 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
From the second link: "Police have not yet released a description of the suspects."

It appears the OP's gripe is with police officials, not the media. Nice try, though.
Another lame liberal attempt to put the blame on someone/something else. What else is new?

If a black man shot two people in my neighborhood, i'd want to know it was a black man. If it was a white man, i'd want to know it was a white man. How else are we supposed to differentiate? What is so hard for you politically correct goons to understand that NOT everything is racist just because a color of skin is brought into the picture? Mindless idiocy.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:04 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
I dislike when they mention the race of the offenders because many time the offenders look like me, a black male.

However, I accept this as a fact of life. Many minorities and whites commit crimes.

I dislike it because so many time certain racially frenzied, terrified people will call to report sighting the offender in their nieighborhood, even though it's only the mailman!!!

Old 04-20-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Another lame liberal attempt to put the blame on someone/something else. What else is new?
What is with you? I posted proof from the article presented by the OP that the media hasn't been informed of the suspects' race, and that's...liberal...somehow...I just don't get it.

Quote:
If a black man shot two people in my neighborhood, i'd want to know it was a black man. If it was a white man, i'd want to know it was a white man. How else are we supposed to differentiate? What is so hard for you politically correct goons to understand that NOT everything is racist just because a color of skin is brought into the picture? Mindless idiocy.
Mindless idiocy? Maybe caps will help?

POLICE HAVE NOT YET RELEASED A DESCRIPTION OF THE SUSPECTS.

What is so hard to understand?

I can't stand PC, so I don't know who you're calling a "politically correct goon."

Maybe one of you goons with crystal balls can help the media mentioned in the OP because the POLICE HAVE NOT YET RELEASED A DESCRIPTION OF THE SUSPECTS.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:07 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Double homicide at a local McDonalds this afternoon in Maple Grove, MN, one of the safest suburbs of Minneapolis. Last night, a man shot and killed at a White Castle in Hopkins, another relatively safe suburb of Minneapolis. Although the stupid local media will not report the race of the perpetrators, it has been said that both involved African Americans who did not live in either suburb. Why the hell will they not release the description and race of the perpetrators?

kare11.com | Twin Cities, MN | 2 dead after shooting at Maple Grove McDonald's (http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=631082 - broken link)
kare11.com | Twin Cities, MN | Man murdered outside Hopkins White Castle (http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=631202&catid=2 - broken link)

Gee, the McDonald's incident is clearly identified as being about a love affair gone bad, WHAT does that have to do with race?

And, the polivce spokesman about the White Castle incident says of the shooter(s): "We don't know who they are"

Ever condiser gathering some FACTS before posting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.