Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 09:54 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,469,515 times

Advertisements

I have been banging my head, trying to figure out why, the rightwingers persist in their opinions inspite of actual facts to the contrary.

Duh, I feel so dumb. I just read a great quote that explains it all.

Quote:
Facts have a liberal bias
This also solves the mystery of the great liberal media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 10:08 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,709,556 times
facts have a liberal bias??; as in ALL FACTS-?????????

Uh, okay.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:16 PM

68,428 posts, read 54,881,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
I have been banging my head, trying to figure out why, the rightwingers persist in their opinions inspite of actual facts to the contrary.

Duh, I feel so dumb. I just read a great quote that explains it all.

This also solves the mystery of the great liberal media.

Don't keep us in suspense, pray tell where did you read this stunning bit of info?

Old 03-30-2007, 04:58 AM

14,490 posts, read 26,709,556 times
lol- the great liberal media.

Another myth, along with the rumor that Rush Limbaugh has given up Oxycontin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2007, 07:15 AM

The infamous rightwing talk show host, Steven Colbert.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:58 AM

1,247 posts, read 935,352 times
Haha, that's great!

What's sad is, there's some truth to that statement. These people claim that anything that challenges their view of the world is "revisionist history". The idea that what they were originally taught was propoganda is so frightening to them, they can't bear to face it. So they dismiss it all, rather than face the possibility of their perspective of the world changing.

I see it in my parents. My mom and I were talking about Iran this weekend. She believes the US is always right and can do no wrong. I asked her why we're at odds with Iran. She that it's because they're evil (they aren't Christians, like the US). I asked her if US manipulation of the Iranian government in the 50s might have something to do with their hostility (and I went into some other details, as well), today. She said, "You can't expect me to know all these things". I responded with, "Then how can you form an opinion when you don't know the facts?". She said, "Because I know right from wrong, and America is right and anyone against us is evil". I'm not making this up or exaggerating, in any way. This was my mother.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:08 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,218,872 times
What a terrific and personal example!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
Haha, that's great!

What's sad is, there's some truth to that statement. These people claim that anything that challenges their view of the world is "revisionist history". The idea that what they were originally taught was propoganda is so frightening to them, they can't bear to face it. So they dismiss it all, rather than face the possibility of their perspective of the world changing.

I see it in my parents. My mom and I were talking about Iran this weekend. She believes the US is always right and can do no wrong. I asked her why we're at odds with Iran. She that it's because they're evil (they aren't Christians, like the US). I asked her if US manipulation of the Iranian government in the 50s might have something to do with their hostility (and I went into some other details, as well), today. She said, "You can't expect me to know all these things". I responded with, "Then how can you form an opinion when you don't know the facts?". She said, "Because I know right from wrong, and America is right and anyone against us is evil". I'm not making this up or exaggerating, in any way. This was my mother.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:59 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,203,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
Haha, that's great!

Your mom is right the government of Iran is EVIL!!! For them to think they should only exist and not Israel is pure evil and the Iranians are seeing that some of the Americans are on their side and are showing us they can stand up to us and Israel and this is a dangerous issue. The people of Iran are different then, their government.

I am sure the US have done our share of making other countries mad but, we have also been the ones to help feed and support their nations even with dictatorship. To wipe a nation off the map is over the line and Iran's President is going for Armageddon and he is a SCARY MAN and he has been shown on TV saying these things so,not a rumor!!!

Look at the guy using a women for a pawn in his EVIL doings

We need to keeping helping other countries but, I feel most of the governments hate us no matter what we do. I will be glad to see the next President come in and we will see if it's really Bush they hate or OUR COUNTRY and OUR FREEDOM!!

Old 03-30-2007, 09:06 AM

If the US would use Christian priniciples in its dealings with other countries that would put us on the Moral high road.

The US doesn't.

Today the US is the most hated and feared country in the world.

Not just among the Muslims but all over the world.

You need to reflectively ask your self why.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:12 AM

1,247 posts, read 935,352 times
Quote:
I am sure the US have done our share of making other countries mad but, we have also been the ones to help feed and support their nations even with dictatorship.
Let me give you an analogy. You're married to a man who makes a lot of money. He buys you just about anything you want, but when he comes home from work, he beats you. Do you consider him to be a good man? Would you be justified in protecting yourself?

Are material possessions worth the lives of your loved ones? We gives these people things, material possessions, and expect them to forget the fact that our government is responsible for the death of their father, mother, son, or daughter (or maybe all of the above).

Quote:
Your mom is right the government of Iran is EVIL!!! For them to think they should only exist and not Israel is pure evil and the Iranians are seeing that some of the Americans are on their side and are showing us they can stand up to us and Israel and this is a dangerous issue.
Do you believe Israel is a bastion of democracy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies