Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 11:55 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,280,673 times

Advertisements

Steele's Tour-De-Force: Compares Obama To Nixon, Declares "Ultimate Political Armageddon," Backs Challenges Against Republicans

Unbelievable. The Republican Party is now going to enter into a "political armageddon" against other Americans in an attempt to subvert democracy. The majority of the American people have spoken. Obama is our President. But the Republican Party is rejecting that democratic decision, declaring that they will pit conservatives against liberals in an attempt to defeat liberalism--and, by extension, liberal Americans and the democratic process.

Let us watch as the Republican Party self-immolates in the flames of anarchy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 11:58 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,391,361 times
Steele is just doubling down to try to make up for the fact that he may be (gasp!) pro-choice!

Old 03-16-2009, 11:59 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
My man has totally gone off the reservation.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:38 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Unbelievable. The Republican Party is now going to enter into a "political armageddon" against other Americans in an attempt to subvert democracy. The majority of the American people have spoken.
Yes, a whole 53%! Big wow.

Obama is our President. But the Republican Party is rejecting that democratic decision,[/quote]

Oh, really? Have their been recounts called for? I didn't know that. Wasn't it the Democrats that refused to accept the results of the 2000 election, and then again in 2004? Maybe I'm mistaken about that.

It seems that many Democrats referred to Bush as illegitimate for his entire 8 years.

Quote:
...declaring that they will pit conservatives against liberals in an attempt to defeat liberalism--and, by extension, liberal Americans and the democratic process.
What has the Democrat Party been doing besides attempting to defeat the democratic process, through their ally, ACORN, which goes around in "battleground states" getting Democrats registered (they do not make any effort to register Republicans) and driving them to the polls in many cases where they can take advantage of early voting rules (voting instantly in many areas)? They have been found guilty of voter registration fraud for this very reason.

It is politics to "pit conservatives against liberals in an attempt to defeat liberalism". Defeating your rivals is the purpose. It is Constitutional, and that is our system.

Are you denying that liberals do not try to defeat conservatives? They do, and they do it by whatever means they can, legal or illegal.

pit conservatives against liberals in an attempt to defeat liberalismLet us watch as the Republican Party self-immolates in the flames of anarchy.[/quote]

Oh, please. Such drama.

Personally, I'm predicting another 1994 in 2010.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:40 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times
Quote:
Steele's Tour-De-Force: Compares Obama To Nixon, Declares "Ultimate Political Armageddon," Backs Challenges Against Republicans

Unbelievable. The Republican Party is now going to enter into a "political armageddon" against other Americans in an attempt to subvert democracy. The majority of the American people have spoken. Obama is our President. But the Republican Party is rejecting that democratic decision, declaring that they will pit conservatives against liberals in an attempt to defeat liberalism--and, by extension, liberal Americans and the democratic process.

So what republicans are suppose to just lay down and not fight for what they believe in? We should just accept this new America of entitlements even if we dont agree with it?

I agree I hope we can bring America back from this feeling they are entitled and that its the role of the gov to provide for you.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:41 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,845 times
Quote:

What, the RNC has a leader? I thought Rush (Oxy) LimpBall was still at the helm.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:46 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So what republicans are suppose to just lay down and not fight for what they believe in? We should just accept this new America of entitlements even if we dont agree with it?

I agree I hope we can bring America back from this feeling they are entitled and that its the role of the gov to provide for you.
For the hundredth time, what are these new entitlements? A job, education, a future? How about letting us all in on the what these new entitlements are.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:49 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,684,460 times
If steele wants a war on liberialism start within his party first.
While he is at it get rid of the neo-con big government idiots who voted for these bailouts.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:52 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
For the hundredth time, what are these new entitlements? A job, education, a future? How about letting us all in on the what these new entitlements are.
Yes, I'd like to know as well.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:52 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

You basically just summed it up. People now think that the gov is suppose to provide for them instead of getting up and providing for themselves

I cant find the part in our constitution that states its the role of the gov to provide for all your needs.

Wonder if we would have gotten this far with this country if our grandfathers- fathers didnt feel the need to get up and be a better person. If they just settled for being avg and waited on the gov to provide for them, Where would we be. If they just set there and said you know what its the role of the gov to provide a job for me , health care for my family, education for my children.

Where the drive of the American people would be? Do you think we would push to be better if we didnt have to and the gov just provided all our needs for us.

Why push to be better then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies