Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 02:34 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,608,535 times

Advertisements

Funny part is ..when you libs talk..you dont talk..you say alot but say nothing.
If you are so smart and my thinking is so dumb then explain how taking from 1 to give to a free loader makes sense..lets hear it.

And you try your typical lib games by trying (childishly) to twist my words.
Did I ever say I dont want to pay taxes...Hmm no.
So if you want to play this word game..ok we play it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 02:52 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,977,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Yep, and obviously, by "liberal," he means "someone who won't agree with my childish little story."
NV, it's called a parable. It distills the essential parts of the story into a meaning that's not cluttered with false arguments, lies, and spin.

The parable that was told matches up with the current administration's plans very well, whether you agree or not.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:59 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,544,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
NV, it's called a parable. It distills the essential parts of the story into a meaning that's not cluttered with false arguments, lies, and spin.

The parable that was told matches up with the current administration's plans very well, whether you agree or not.
Yes, and parables are useful in teaching some basic aspect of human behavior. The economy is too complex to be reduced to a parable.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Funny part is ..when you libs talk..you dont talk..you say alot but say nothing.
If you are so smart and my thinking is so dumb then explain how taking from 1 to give to a free loader makes sense..lets hear it.

And you try your typical lib games by trying (childishly) to twist my words.
Did I ever say I dont want to pay taxes...Hmm no.
So if you want to play this word game..ok we play it.
Ah, yes. The old "supporting freeloaders" argument.

Show me the freeloaders, how many of them there are, how they are impacting the economy, and then you can make an argument. You'll also need to show why not "supporting freeloaders" would be preferable to supporting them.

Your little story is full of cute fluff, but lacking in actual facts.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:02 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,185,037 times
This story forgets the part where the company goes bankrupt and the little red hen gets fired and all the top execs get millions in "restructuring" bonuses.
Life isn't a fairy tale, folks. Some people take advantage by being lazy...some take advantage by grabbing the spoils and only sharing with their "good ole boys".

Old 03-05-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Some people take advantage by being lazy...some take advantage by grabbing the spoils and only sharing with their "good ole boys".
In many cases, these are one and the same people.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:06 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,185,037 times
Quote:
In many cases, these are one and the same people.
good point.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:11 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,977,795 times
Quote:
The economy is too complex to be reduced to a parable.

Actually it's not. The parable was pretty much on the spot unless you are of the ilk that likes to muddy up the water to confuse and obfuscate.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:13 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,465,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post

even in a parable it is known that not every point matches up, and in the end, it can only serve as a semi illustrative example.

this example has lost any power that it originally had by the prepubescent antics of the opening poster, who seems not to have any understanding of how to hold an intelligent debate with others.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:04 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,608,535 times
Lol intelligent debate...thats funny.
Show me 1 Lib/Dem that you can have a debate with.
Listen bottom line is...the cute fluff story as you call it is right on the money..and that bothers the hell out of liberals.
You live in a fantasy world were you think if we "take peoples money and give away to others" then all will be right.....wrong !
Cant work, will never work.
When Obumer is gone so will his policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies