Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 06:10 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,412,714 times

Advertisements

WAMPUM, Pa. — An 11-year-old boy shot his father's pregnant girlfriend in the back of the head while she was lying in bed in their western Pennsylvania farmhouse, then got on the school bus and went to school, authorities said Saturday.

General News - Boy charged with killing dad's pregnant girlfriend (http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20090221/Pregnant.Woman.Killed/ - broken link)

Wow, what is happening to our children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 06:23 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Maybe he just wanted some bacon with his eggs.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:29 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,012,609 times
Truly disturbing.
So terribly sad.
Who the heck makes shotguns for children???

Old 02-21-2009, 06:41 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Well, this might be an unpopular view -- but....I think that adults bedhopping/relationship hopping/marriage hopping does have an effect on children. Certainly not to the extent of murder, thank god! But, that type of fundamental instability in a childs life is bound to have an effect. With most kids it might be bad grades, or even promiscuity as they get older. With this kid? Who knows? Maybe he has had a history of mental problems and the impending birth of a sibling pushed him over the edge. Or maybe his dads live in showed extreme bias towards her daughter and the baby to be. Or maybe the kid is just an evil mf. The fact he is only 11 would give me pause to consider that there were extenuating circumstances though.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:05 PM

45,414 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Truly disturbing.
So terribly sad.
Who the heck makes shotguns for children???
1. yes
2. yes
3. Remington, Mossberg, and Browning all have youth models available. They have shorter barrels and stocks and come in 20 ga. I have one for my 12 year old who started hunting this year. It also fits my 5 ft. tall wife better than a full size model.

Wanna bet that this was just the culmination of a chain of incidents in the house?

Old 02-21-2009, 07:27 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
That boy is a sociopath, but what's the dad doing with a pregnant girlfriend? As soon as she was found to be pregnant and they were keeping the child, they should have been high tailing it to city hall to get married. It was a soap opera in the making.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:36 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,559,850 times
Sure doesn't sound like a very nice boy....but then again, when I was 11, my Dad and Mom were together. (They still are)..How I'd have dealt with my parents apart, and my dad's pregnant girlfriend asleep in my house, I can't honestly say...I was never faced with that situation at age 11.

Sounds like a LOT of people here doing a LOT of wrong things....and finally they youngest one got into the news. A human tragedy, and a failure on the part of MANY people.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:40 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times
Why does anyone think that their being 'married' would have changed the outcome? My parents were together my whole life too. My brother and I got tired of asking our mother to leave our father so we ran away when I was 9. American's love 'appearnances'. All hell can be breaking loose behind closed doors but as long as the proper protocols are observed, have at it. She was pregnant that's for sure, eight months worth. It was long enough for the kid to come to grips with. Maybe it was a new situation and very possibly the unborn child was not actually the alleged murderers fathers child. Who usually has the most motive for killing a pregnant woman anyway? "Hey, Buddy, Dad's kind of in a tight spot and I need you to help me out, you think you can do that, son?... ..."

H

Old 02-22-2009, 03:47 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
He was charged, not convicted. He may or may not have been the one to pull the trigger. If he was then his defense attorney better get him to a shrink cause there's probably something mentally wrong with the kid. At his age, I'd rather see him in a mental hospital getting help then in jail.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:51 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Why does anyone think that their being 'married' would have changed the outcome? My parents were together my whole life too. My brother and I got tired of asking our mother to leave our father so we ran away when I was 9. American's love 'appearnances'. All hell can be breaking loose behind closed doors but as long as the proper protocols are observed, have at it. She was pregnant that's for sure, eight months worth. It was long enough for the kid to come to grips with. Maybe it was a new situation and very possibly the unborn child was not actually the alleged murderers fathers child. Who usually has the most motive for killing a pregnant woman anyway? "Hey, Buddy, Dad's kind of in a tight spot and I need you to help me out, you think you can do that, son?... ..."

H
That is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies