Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2009, 09:28 AM

504 posts, read 902,727 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON – Defense contractor KBR Inc. has been awarded a $35 million Pentagon contract involving major electrical work, even as it is under criminal investigation in the electrocution deaths of at least two U.S. soldiers in Iraq.

KBR wins contract despite criminal probe of deaths - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090207/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/iraq_contractors_electrocutions - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 10:43 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker2012 View Post
WASHINGTON – Defense contractor KBR Inc. has been awarded a $35 million Pentagon contract involving major electrical work, even as it is under criminal investigation in the electrocution deaths of at least two U.S. soldiers in Iraq.

KBR wins contract despite criminal probe of deaths - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090207/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/iraq_contractors_electrocutions - broken link)
Here is a quote from this link that might explain a few things.

"KBR was previously owned by Halliburton Co., the oil services conglomerate that former Vice President Dick Cheney once led. Democrats have long complained it benefited from ties to Cheney."

Old 02-07-2009, 10:48 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,832,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Here is a quote from this link that might explain a few things.

"KBR was previously owned by Halliburton Co., the oil services conglomerate that former Vice President Dick Cheney once led. Democrats have long complained it benefited from ties to Cheney."

what are you trying to explain, you made a statement but didnt explain anything.

the same people i can guarantee operate this company under a different name. it never fails, bottom line a entirely new company should have been given a contract. hence the negativity involved with these companies

Old 02-07-2009, 11:45 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
This job is in Iraq - the reason given for their years of no-bid contracts was always that they 're already out there, they know the area, no one else can do what they do. And they took massive advantage of this and of us the taxpayers.There's a long long string of complaints against KBR for war profiteering. They're criminals.

However,
The Corps of Engineers said KBR has earned $615 million on 30 similar contracts as the newest it awarded to the company and noted that KBR has not been banned or suspended from winning U.S. government contracts. The government can ban companies in cases of fraud, antitrust violations, bribery, tax evasion or for actions that reflect "a lack of business integrity or business honesty," according to federal rules.

"KBR has not been debarred, suspended, nor have they been proposed for debarment from government contracting," Corps spokeswoman Joan Kibler said.
qwstnevrythg.com » Pentagon blasts KBR’s operation
MotherJones Blog: More War Profiteering, KBR-style
Industry Experts Call Halliburton Gasoline Prices "Highway Robbery" :: Committee on Oversight and Government Reform :: United States House of Representatives (http://oversight.house.gov/story.asp?ID=273 - broken link)
The Center for Public Integrity | Investigations - Windfalls of War (http://www.publicintegrity.org/projects/entry/297/bio.aspx - broken link)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KBR_(company)
Halliburton KBR, War Profiteer
Army Overseer Tells of Ouster Over KBR Stir - NYTimes.com
Halliburton Watch
Halliburton Subsidiary Kellogg Brown & Root Avoided US Taxes Through Off-Shore Shell Companies

Old 02-07-2009, 08:03 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
what are you trying to explain, you made a statement but didnt explain anything.

the same people i can guarantee operate this company under a different name. it never fails, bottom line a entirely new company should have been given a contract. hence the negativity involved with these companies
You are right, I didn't explain. My point is that the KBR was awarded the contract because of political connections, nothing more. They are not doing the job well as evidenced by our soldiers being electrocuted. I know that if I did my job in this same incompetent manner, I would be let go immediately!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies