Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 08:00 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,314,326 times

Advertisements

Nancy Pelosi said: "I promise no pork in the stimulus package"

What a liar she is - and Obama calls her the Democrat's "ROCK". How stupid can she and the Messiah possibly be!

YouTube - CNN: Pelosi to Wolf Blitzer: I promise no pork in the stimulus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 08:59 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,314,326 times
No Dim comments from the left-wing, loony-tunes Pelosi lovers?

You know Obama loves Pelosi and thinks she's the ROCK for the Dimocrats...

Last edited by Kootr; 02-05-2009 at 09:11 PM..

Old 02-05-2009, 09:12 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,736,079 times
Here's something I've wondered about for a while here. Please, define pork. What is pork -- a spending measure that you find objectionable? Really, people complain about pork this and pork that, but it's never quite clear what qualifies as pork and what is just "stimulus". Is it the fact that the bill specifies that money be spent in particular ways? Is it pork to give money for highway spending? Is it pork to give money for extended unemployment benefits? Is it pork to give money to the NIH? I'm sure the Congress could write a bill that just gave $800 billion to the president to do with as he wishes, but I doubt that'd be very popular.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:13 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,584,141 times
What's funny is that "pork spending" is not limited to democrats, republicans revel in it as well. Sorry Kootr, gotta admit that one, doncha know?

Old 02-05-2009, 09:16 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,890,561 times
Why are people trying to sidetrack the topic? It says Pelosi swears NO EARMARKS will be in stimulus bill... she LIED... the penalty? Nothing... nice to swear when you have nothing to lose...

Old 02-05-2009, 09:24 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,584,141 times
Ok, please refer me to the pork that is being talked about. And also, please indicate the percentage the pork is in relation to the actual entire stimulus.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:25 PM

244 posts, read 487,011 times
Completely admit both parties are guilty of the "pork" spending. As far as the definition of pork spending its easy. If the bill is called an economic stimulus bill then anything that spends money and has nothing do with stimulus should be excluded because it is pork.
Both parties have played this game but i will say imo it is more a dem trick but thats the extent of my bias, both are guilty. The game being.. put a bunch of pork in a bill to fund the troops in Iraq then play the card that they voted against the bill when they really voted against the billion dollar research grant to study fleas mating habits.
This is why both parties want the line item veto for the president when they are in power but oppose it when the other side is.
The current Republicans are an embarrasment to a conservatives principals and the dems are anethema but regardless of this from the voters perspective this way of doing business most end! Change isnt bigger govt. its a government that serves the people rather then worrying about re-election and how much money they can send to their district to ensure that re-election.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:26 PM

600 M for converter boxes... that should NOT be part of the stimulus package... and how can you not understand "No earmarks in the stimulus bill".. what part of "No" didn't you understand? The "N" or the "o"...

Old 02-05-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal4now View Post
Completely admit both parties are guilty of the "pork" spending. As far as the definition of pork spending its easy. If the bill is called an economic stimulus bill then anything that spends money and has nothing do with stimulus should be excluded because it is pork.
Both parties have played this game but i will say imo it is more a dem trick but thats the extent of my bias, both are guilty. The game being.. put a bunch of pork in a bill to fund the troops in Iraq then play the card that they voted against the bill when they really voted against the billion dollar research grant to study fleas mating habits.
This is why both parties want the line item veto for the president when they are in power but oppose it when the other side is.
The current Republicans are an embarrasment to a conservatives principals and the dems are anethema but regardless of this from the voters perspective this way of doing business most end! Change isnt bigger govt. its a government that serves the people rather then worrying about re-election and how much money they can send to their district to ensure that re-election.
That isn't the point of the thread... it is about Pelosi saying there will NOT be "ANY" pork in the bill... obviously that was a lie.... point of the thread is... Pelosi LIED about that... next time she wants to hold up her hands on TV and swear to something, take it with a grain of salt and then don't believe a word she said...

Old 02-05-2009, 09:28 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,041,974 times
The funny thing is the 'bridge to nowhere' ordeal which the Democrats so kindly brought onto the scene. They complained that it was wasteful pork spending, which is interesting considering that it would have created jobs. It seems to me that it is only 'pork' coming from the Republicans, with the Democrats it is called 'stimulus'. Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies