Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 01:05 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestViewdrive View Post
MSNBC is a liberal as they come. They want us all to shut up, drink the Koolaid, marry another man, live in a "City Loft", drive hybrids, and not reproduce so they can take over.

Well MSNBC send a reporter to my house. I believe in the 2nd amendment so "don't be a intruder" because I have the right to protect myself.
Wait a second, this is absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah MSNBC is very liberal, but who cares? They're not on public airwaves. It's their FIRST amendment right. They pander to their audience, and there is obviously a demand in this country for a liberal cable news network otherwise there wouldn't be one.

So they do what they do, they do it well, and they have their followers (I'm one of them.) What exactly is wrong with that? Is that not a prime example of capitalism? Basically making a product that people obviously want.

Is that not their FIRST amendment right? I don't think they're forcing anyone to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 01:16 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Take a look for yourself. As you can see, MSNBC is very liberal.

From that last image it seems like MSNBC has overall positive views on both democratic and republican issues and Fox News has Overall negative views on democrats and positive views on republicans showing fox new's bias but not so much MSNBC's. Try again.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:37 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
From that last image it seems like MSNBC has overall positive views on both democratic and republican issues and Fox News has Overall negative views on democrats and positive views on republicans showing fox new's bias but not so much MSNBC's. Try again.
I am sorry to disagree with you, but i find each News Outlet, is bias to some level of degree, they each have positive, and negatives going on for them. I find not one better then the next, except that MSNBC is so bias, and i find i don't really like them at all. They are each in their own ways, bias to some degree on current issues, but hey it is the news. I find Fox as being more fair and balanced and sometimes people don't like the truth, no matter where the truth comes from..

Old 06-11-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I am sorry to disagree with you, but i find each News Outlet, is bias to some level of degree, they each have positive, and negatives going on for them. I find not one better then the next, except that MSNBC is so bias, and i find i don't really like them at all. They are each in their own ways, bias to some degree on current issues, but hey it is the news. I find Fox as being more fair and balanced and sometimes people don't like the truth, no matter where the truth comes from..
I'm not saying one is bias and one isn't, what I'm saying is that if we go solely off of that picture (fact) provided, it shows fox news is clearly MORE bias than msnbc

Old 06-11-2010, 06:52 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I've seen threads about Fox News being "conservative" vs "Fair and Balanced" But I was wondering if people think MSNBC is as liberal as Fox News is conservative? I personally think so--even aside from Olbermann and Maddow, there seems to be a bias in favor of Obama, like Fox had for Bush. I don't have clips or links, but it's just the impression I have.

So what do you think?

Thanks!

Mackinac
Yes it is as liberal as Fox is conservativve.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:07 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
You try again. Overall, Fox News is more balanced on each side.
The range in percent is from 18.7% to 47.2% for MSNBC and 21.2% to 36.8% for Fox News.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:09 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,176 times
Quote:
Admit it, YOU even chuckled yourself when you typed that!

Old 06-11-2010, 07:14 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I've seen threads about Fox News being "conservative" vs "Fair and Balanced" But I was wondering if people think MSNBC is as liberal as Fox News is conservative? I personally think so--even aside from Olbermann and Maddow, there seems to be a bias in favor of Obama, like Fox had for Bush. I don't have clips or links, but it's just the impression I have.

So what do you think?

Thanks!

Mackinac
Yes, they are extremely far left. And NASTY about it!
But really they don't matter or really have much influence because no one actually watches them anymore. They have become the joke of cabel news, and Keith Olbermann is the joker!

Old 06-11-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
The range in percent is from 18.7% to 47.2% for MSNBC and 21.2% to 36.8% for Fox News.
I saw the range. Still Fox is more negative about democrats than MSNBC is negative about republicans

Old 06-11-2010, 08:18 PM

39 posts, read 25,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Yes, they are extremely far left. And NASTY about it!
But really they don't matter or really have much influence because no one actually watches them anymore. They have become the joke of cabel news, and Keith Olbermann is the joker!

MSNBC is bad but still not as bad as Beck and Faux News.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies