Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 05:29 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,134,913 times

Advertisements

Good thing I have the equipment and can make a projectile in abut 30 seconds from a common wheel weight from a car.

Bullet serialization will do nothing to stop crime. It'll be like the database in Maryland IIRC where they take the ballistic fingerprint of a fired cartridge from each firearm.

Hasn't solved a crime to date, and costs taxpayers millions upon millions of dollars per year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 09:09 AM

5,340 posts, read 6,573,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MildManneredBruceWayne View Post
You Gun Fanatics are really something; first you're worried about them taking away your weapons, now it's the ammo. If you people had put up half as tough of a fight as this when they took your brains you wouldn't even be in this mess to begin with.
Opinions will vary and this you have proved

GUN CONTROL

Quote James Madison

“The right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; a well armed and well regulated militia being the best security of a free country.”

“Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.”

"Wherever the real power in a government lies, there is a danger of oppression. In our government, the real power lies in the majority of the Community... Government is the mere instrument of the major number of constituents.”

“Whenever there is an interest and a power to do wrong, wrong will generally be done and not less readily by a powerful and interested party, than by a prince.”

“I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedoms of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.”

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.”

Old 12-10-2008, 09:15 AM

5,340 posts, read 6,573,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Exactly what does Obama have to do with this? seems you are wanting to blame him but in fact your dear Republican is still in office... oh yea and he was when guns were confiscated in New Orleans. Why don't you make it as a statement... remember when W was saying how he supported the NRA and gun rights? seems he has other plans... that is closer to the truth.
Well AONE it seems that you missed this reply to jtur88

jtur88,

I'm glad I gave you the opportunity to increase your post count !

As for the Cut & Paste...Yes I did and I also would like to make
an apology to the board as I should have cut out the part about
Mr. Obama. This type of government control has just got to far
out of hand in my opinion, However I do feel he'll support
this type legislation at the federal level.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:55 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,456,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
My concern is when they try to create all these new crimes. Why was OJ, etc. indicted on 10 counts when probably 3 or 4 would do? They're just inventing excuses to warehouse more people in jail, for longer periods of time.
No "new" crimes were created in the Simpson case. He was indicted on the 10 seperate counts because there were 10 seperate violations of law.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:59 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,456,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
I don't see why that should result in extra charges if they didn't discharge the gun.
Simply because of the increased potential for the infliction of bodily harm.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:11 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,363,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MildManneredBruceWayne View Post
You Gun Fanatics are really something; first you're worried about them taking away your weapons, now it's the ammo. If you people had put up half as tough of a fight as this when they took your brains you wouldn't even be in this mess to begin with.
Typical clever obama supporter slang that says nothing but make him /her feel better has gotten in a name calling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies