Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 03:05 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,406,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
The "president" just happens to have a substance abuse history, which means he is not your everyday social drinker. Consequently, and for the good of our country, he should not indulge. Period.
I couldn't agree more! Well stated indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 03:06 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,309,945 times
1) Obama is quitting smoking
2) There is a difference between having a drink, getting drunk, and being an alcoholic. The picture of obama is of the first. Bush is probably the later.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:07 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,715,148 times
Quote:
Obama is not an admitted alcoholic. Sheesh. I guess some education is going to be in order in this thread. You do know the difference between a social drinker (obama) and alcoholic (bush), right?
Keep driveling... Obama will keep chopping his lines, puffin' down cigs and slammin back a few.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:10 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,449,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Keep driveling... Obama will keep chopping his lines, puffin' down cigs and slammin back a few.
Ok, go ahead and prove ONE allegation, anywhere, that President Obama has a history of substance abuse. Meanwhile, Bush has had to very publicly quit drinking (haha) at 40 and has a DUI in his past and a cocaine little thingy. I await your link.

Better yet, go find something like this on President Obama...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_...se_controversy

Gaad, I love that...President Obama

Old 12-07-2008, 03:15 PM

164 posts, read 240,620 times
Quote:
Has George Bush been drinking?

Yes, but only children's blood.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:16 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times
Quote:
I think yes. Ok, so a person can say he only has six weeks left on the job so let him get drunk. But when I think of all we've put up with, you'd think he could wait to get back to Crawford before pouring a stiff one...

Bush Drinking Again? Downs "Pisco Sour" In Peru
Oh, please! Let's not start rumors. I really don't understand why the left hates this man so much. What they have been doing to him for eight years is far worse than the criticism and jokes about Clinton during his term, and he deserved most of what he got!

But, If you don't like Bush, wait till Obama gets in there and starts screwing with the economy and everything else.

We're already feeling the effects, as companies, fearful of what's to come, have been laying off and planning for downsizing for the last month. It's going to continue, as they "dig in" and try to protect there business from excessive taxation and regulation.

This is going to be a very rough ride, and it will last for at least the first two years of Obama's term. Then, if we are lucky, and people are disenchanted enough with the Obama/Messiah mystique, they will return to the conservative roots of this country's founding. But a lot of damage will have been done that will take years to undo.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, please! Let's not start rumors. I really don't understand why the left hates this man so much. What they have been doing to him for eight years is far worse than the criticism and jokes about Clinton during his term, and he deserved most of what he got!

But, If you don't like Bush, wait till Obama gets in there and starts screwing with the economy and everything else.

We're already feeling the effects, as companies, fearful of what's to come, have been laying off and planning for downsizing for the last month. It's going to continue, as they "dig in" and try to protect there business from excessive taxation and regulation.

This is going to be a very rough ride, and it will last for at least the first two years of Obama's term. Then, if we are lucky, and people are disenchanted enough with the Obama/Messiah mystique, they will return to the conservative roots of this country's founding. But a lot of damage will have been done that will take years to undo.
Because he is drinking again? Duh! Sorry, as someone who works in this area, he gets no free pass from me. For all the death, havoc and destruction he has spread, he could have at LEAST done it sober. I highly doubt this has been the case. Watch it yourself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ViQMkqnToA

Old 12-07-2008, 03:22 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,251,135 times
It matters not if he is consuming adult beverages

This subject is actually very meaningless

Old 12-07-2008, 03:25 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,593,950 times
Has Bush been drinking? If so, then he's only being consistent. That's what he did during most of his time at Yale. Just because his current address happens to be 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, why would you expect his behavior to change?

Old 12-07-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Has Bush been drinking? If so, then he's only being consistent. That's what he did during most of his time at Yale. Just because his current address happens to be 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, why would you expect his behavior to change?
I would not and you are correct. However, POTUS is kind of an important job and should be reserved to those who do not actively engage in substance abuse (as his history does support). No wonder he choked on a pretzel. He was probably half passed out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies